Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 16
    • onthefencepost
    • By onthefencepost 7th Sep 18, 1:18 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    onthefencepost
    Hi,

I recently took out a AMEX card but didn't use the referral scheme. Hopfully someone will use the link below to apply.

Referral blurb:
    you will receive 2,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend £1,000 in their first three months of Card membership.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/imranr0clw?XLINK=MYCP

Thank you
    • donnyrovers91
    • By donnyrovers91 16th Sep 18, 8:08 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    donnyrovers91
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/jamiel585t?XLINK=MYCP
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 18th Sep 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    gardner1
    Thanks to "ReleaseTheStars" for using my link as promised £20 to NSPCC
    Last edited by gardner1; 18-09-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    • bitsnbytes
    • By bitsnbytes 18th Sep 18, 11:27 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bitsnbytes
    Dude you know very well you're bumping up your referral without actually "bumping" up your post. I suspect this will get deleted again (as it should)
    If you're so keen to thank "ReleaseTheStars", you could very well do so on PM without making a public spectacle of it
    • doog1000
    • By doog1000 20th Sep 18, 11:45 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doog1000
    Hi All,

Have use Mohammad's link so be great to join the pay it forward chain.

Please could you use my referral link for your AMEX card and you will get an extra 2000 Membership Reward points for using my referral :

crispmazh4

The Platinum Card
    37,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months. 2,000 points for spending £2,000 and 35,000 bonus points
    Priority pass for lounge access for you and a guest
    Elite tier membership with Starwood , Accor, Carlson, Hertz and Avis
    £450 fee per year

The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    24,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months. 2,000 points for spending £2,000 and 22,000 bonus points.
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every £1 spent directly with airlines
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every equivalent £1 spent in a foreign currency
    Two additional Membership Rewards points for virtually every £1 spent at amextravel.co.uk
    Two complimentary airport VIP lounge passes every year
    Fee free for first year and then £140 fee per year

Please use my referral :
    crispmazh4

Thanks so much
    • kovacsi76
    • By kovacsi76 21st Sep 18, 11:46 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    kovacsi76
    Hi All,

If you are applying for any of the Amex cards below, please use one of my referral links:

If you use my SPG card referral link, I will receive 9,000 points for each approved referral:
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/emeseknr0y?XLINK=MYCP

If you use my BA card referral link, I will receive 4,000 Avios for each approved referral:
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/emesekTyL4?XLINK=MYCP

For each link, if you don't wish to apply for the pre-selected card, click on the "View our other Cards" button or scroll to the bottom of the page, to select a different card.

You will receive the bonus listed by each card below.
    For each card, besides the extra bonus, the usual perks and T&Cs apply.

For any card with a fee: Once you have receieved and transferred/used your bonus, you can cancel the card and get a pro-rata refund of the fee, i.e. of you cancel after 3 months, you get 75% of the fee refunded.

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card (Note: This is not a charge card anymore)
    Earn 22,000 (20,000 without referral) bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership
    £140 annual fee (£0 in your first year).

The Platinum Charge Card
    Earn 35,000 (30,000 without referral) bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.
    £450 annual fee.

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card
    Earn 26,000 (25,000 without referral) bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.
    £195 annual fee.

British Airways American Express Credit Card
    Earn 6,000 (5,000 without referral) bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.
    No annual fee.

Platinum Cashback Credit Card
    Earn £25 (£0 without referral) bonus cashback if you spend over £1 on the Card.
    £25 annual fee.

Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card
    Earn £10 (£0 without referral) bonus cashback after you first spend over £1 on the Card.
    No annual fee.

The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
    Earn 33,000 (30,000 without referral) bonus points if you spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.
    £75 annual fee.

The Nectar Credit Card
    Collect 21,000 (20,000 without referral) bonus Nectar points when you spend £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.
    £25 annual fee (£0 in first year).

The American Express Charge Card
    Earn 2,000 (0 without referral) bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.
    £60 annual fee.

The Gold Business Charge Card
    Earn 22,000 (20,000 without referral) Bonus Membership rewards points when you spend £3,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    £125 annual fee (£0 in your first year).

The Platinum Business Charge Card
    45,000 (40,000 without referral) bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend £6,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    £450 annual fee.

TIA
    • tomlee80
    • By tomlee80 25th Sep 18, 1:16 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    tomlee80
    American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card WITH 22,000 POINTS SIGN UP BONUS
    (2000 MORE THAN APPLYING DIRECTLY THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE)

My referral link enables new applicants for the American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card to obtain 22,000 Membership Rewards points when they apply for the American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card, are approved and spend £2,000 in their first three months of Cardmembership.

This is an outstanding card for those that like to build up points with their everyday spending to put towards anything from flights to free holidays to Amazon Gift Cards!

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, use my link below...

amex.co.uk/refer/thomalwhdf?XLINK=MYCP

Tom
    • PurpleGoldFish
    • By PurpleGoldFish 25th Sep 18, 7:52 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    PurpleGoldFish
    If anyone is looking to get an Amex Platinum card (there in no annual charge for this card). I have a referral link (£20 for me) that pays you £10 on top of the 5% cash back (max £100) in the first 3 months. amex.co.uk/refer/carlf6xjb?XLINK=MYCP. I've made £110 on money I was going to spend anyway.
    • marianko
    • By marianko 2nd Oct 18, 3:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marianko
    Hi everyone,

If you are going to apply for the preferred rewards Gold Card Amex, please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/mariazjgsfm

You will receive 2,000 points in addition to the 20,000 bonus points if you use my link.

Many thanks,
    Marian
    • keiran
    • By keiran 14th Oct 18, 9:43 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    keiran
    I'm looking to get the preferred rewards Gold Amex card, but when I do a "practice application", I see ""As an existing Card Member, you may not be eligible for a Welcome Bonus""

I have a platinum cashback and an Nectar Amex card - can anyone please confirm that I would get the 22,000 Membership Rewards as presumably they're entirely different programmes?
    Thanks
    • zentachi
    • By zentachi 16th Oct 18, 10:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zentachi
    Hi everyone,

I used a referral link from a post in here to apply for British Airways AMEX Premium Plus.

I got accepted and here is my own referral link:
    amex.co.uk/refer/wghox

(if you are interested in the preferred rewards Gold Card Amex, please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/konstlnivo )

Copy paste links to your browser.

Many thanks,
    Zen
    Last edited by zentachi; 16-10-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    • raymilne
    • By raymilne 16th Oct 18, 2:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    raymilne
    £110 bonus
    Hi,

If you apply for an Amex Platinum Cashback Card using my link below, you'll receive a £10 bonus after you spend £1, followed by 5% cashback on all of your spending for the first 3 months, up to a maximum of £100

After the first three months of Cardmembership you’ll earn up to 1% cashback, depending on how much you spend on the Card:

- Spend £0 to £5,000 and receive 0.5% cashback on all purchases

- Spend over £5,001 and receive 1% cashback on all purchases 2

Amex [Dot] co.uk/refer/raymomcDk0?CPID=100200082

Please remove [Dot] and replace with a dot.
    • rajvisa25
    • By rajvisa25 18th Oct 18, 8:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rajvisa25
    Hi all, quick question,
    I already have an Amex card, if i refer my wife, we both receive the bonus points. Then if I cancel my card, after 6 months if she then refers me, does this mean we both get the bonus points again?
    And does anyone know if my current points will still remain in my account?
    • bitsnbytes
    • By bitsnbytes 18th Oct 18, 9:49 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bitsnbytes
    Hi all, quick question,
    I already have an Amex card, if i refer my wife, we both receive the bonus points. Then if I cancel my card, after 6 months if she then refers me, does this mean we both get the bonus points again?
    And does anyone know if my current points will still remain in my account?
    Originally posted by rajvisa25
    No mate, doesn't work like that. You could probably refer each other every 6 months but the points definitely won't be in your account as your account is closed and you lose what you don't use.
    • tmw25
    • By tmw25 19th Oct 18, 8:22 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tmw25
    AMEX referral code
    Hi All,

If you are applying for BA Amex credit card or the BA Amex Premium Plus card and want a referral code let me know

By using the referral you will receive extra points if you hit the spending target in the first three months.

Thanks
    • ermis
    • By ermis 19th Oct 18, 8:56 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ermis
    Hi all, I have recently been accepted for an Amex British Airways and got referred from this thread!

Here is my referral code if anyone wants to apply

h ttp://amex.co.uk/refer/marionHbHz?XLINK=MYCP
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 25th Oct 18, 7:50 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    luke2010
    Apply using this link for bonus points. Down the bottom you can choose any American Express card

http://amex.co.uk/refer/lukeboq60?XLINK=MYCP

£30 to the charity of your choice for a successful referral. PM me to let me know!
    Last edited by luke2010; 27-10-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    • Alexander1968
    • By Alexander1968 25th Oct 18, 8:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Alexander1968
    amex.co.uk/refer/stepht8vob?XLINK=MYCP

Copy and paste the above link for the referral page.

Use my referral code above for the American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card and you will receive.

An extra 2000 MR points on top of the 20,000 you will have after you spend £2000 on the card in 3 months, so in effect your new card will have generated you 24,000
    (2000 points with your own spending plus the bonus 22,000 points very nice)
    I will recieve 9000 MR points for referring you.

You can choose any card on offer if the gold credit card is not what youre after.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 27th Oct 18, 11:40 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    gardner1
    Thanks to whoever used my referral as promised £20 to NSPCC
    • ellybelly89
    • By ellybelly89 27th Oct 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    ellybelly89
    Hi it was me. You’re welcome

If anyone would like to use my code please follow my link for your bonus 2000 points (on top of the standard 20000) with the AMEX Gold Reward Card

http://amex.co.uk/refer/elliowslek?CPID=999999554
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

236Posts Today

2,700Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you to the team at the Westen eye hospital a&e. I scratched my eye ball in my sleep, then woke up with pain.? https://t.co/VJMwQfsRxv

• I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Follow Martin