Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 15
    • bitsnbytes
    • By bitsnbytes 18th Sep 18, 11:27 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bitsnbytes
    Dude you know very well you're bumping up your referral without actually "bumping" up your post. I suspect this will get deleted again (as it should)
    If you're so keen to thank "ReleaseTheStars", you could very well do so on PM without making a public spectacle of it
    • doog1000
    • By doog1000 20th Sep 18, 11:45 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    doog1000
    Hi All,

Have use Mohammad's link so be great to join the pay it forward chain.

Please could you use my referral link for your AMEX card and you will get an extra 2000 Membership Reward points for using my referral :

crispmazh4

The Platinum Card
    37,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months. 2,000 points for spending £2,000 and 35,000 bonus points
    Priority pass for lounge access for you and a guest
    Elite tier membership with Starwood , Accor, Carlson, Hertz and Avis
    £450 fee per year

The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    24,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months. 2,000 points for spending £2,000 and 22,000 bonus points.
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every £1 spent directly with airlines
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every equivalent £1 spent in a foreign currency
    Two additional Membership Rewards points for virtually every £1 spent at amextravel.co.uk
    Two complimentary airport VIP lounge passes every year
    Fee free for first year and then £140 fee per year

Please use my referral :
    crispmazh4

Thanks so much
    • marianko
    • By marianko 2nd Oct 18, 3:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marianko
    Hi everyone,

If you are going to apply for the preferred rewards Gold Card Amex, please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/mariazjgsfm

You will receive 2,000 points in addition to the 20,000 bonus points if you use my link.

Many thanks,
    Marian
    • keiran
    • By keiran 14th Oct 18, 9:43 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    keiran
    I'm looking to get the preferred rewards Gold Amex card, but when I do a "practice application", I see ""As an existing Card Member, you may not be eligible for a Welcome Bonus""

I have a platinum cashback and an Nectar Amex card - can anyone please confirm that I would get the 22,000 Membership Rewards as presumably they're entirely different programmes?
    Thanks
    • zentachi
    • By zentachi 16th Oct 18, 10:29 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zentachi
    Hi everyone,

I used a referral link from a post in here to apply for British Airways AMEX Premium Plus.

I got accepted and here is my own referral link:
    amex.co.uk/refer/wghox

(if you are interested in the preferred rewards Gold Card Amex, please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/konstlnivo )

Copy paste links to your browser.

Many thanks,
    Zen
    Last edited by zentachi; 16-10-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    • raymilne
    • By raymilne 16th Oct 18, 2:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    raymilne
    £110 bonus
    Hi,

If you apply for an Amex Platinum Cashback Card using my link below, you'll receive a £10 bonus after you spend £1, followed by 5% cashback on all of your spending for the first 3 months, up to a maximum of £100

After the first three months of Cardmembership you’ll earn up to 1% cashback, depending on how much you spend on the Card:

- Spend £0 to £5,000 and receive 0.5% cashback on all purchases

- Spend over £5,001 and receive 1% cashback on all purchases 2

Amex [Dot] co.uk/refer/raymomcDk0?CPID=100200082

Please remove [Dot] and replace with a dot.
    • rajvisa25
    • By rajvisa25 18th Oct 18, 8:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rajvisa25
    Hi all, quick question,
    I already have an Amex card, if i refer my wife, we both receive the bonus points. Then if I cancel my card, after 6 months if she then refers me, does this mean we both get the bonus points again?
    And does anyone know if my current points will still remain in my account?
    • bitsnbytes
    • By bitsnbytes 18th Oct 18, 9:49 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bitsnbytes
    Hi all, quick question,
    I already have an Amex card, if i refer my wife, we both receive the bonus points. Then if I cancel my card, after 6 months if she then refers me, does this mean we both get the bonus points again?
    And does anyone know if my current points will still remain in my account?
    Originally posted by rajvisa25
    No mate, doesn't work like that. You could probably refer each other every 6 months but the points definitely won't be in your account as your account is closed and you lose what you don't use.
    • tmw25
    • By tmw25 19th Oct 18, 8:22 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tmw25
    AMEX referral code
    Hi All,

If you are applying for BA Amex credit card or the BA Amex Premium Plus card and want a referral code let me know

By using the referral you will receive extra points if you hit the spending target in the first three months.

Thanks
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 27th Oct 18, 11:40 AM
    • 2,943 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    gardner1
    Thanks to whoever used my referral as promised £20 to NSPCC
    • ellybelly89
    • By ellybelly89 27th Oct 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    ellybelly89
    Hi it was me. You’re welcome

If anyone would like to use my code please follow my link for your bonus 2000 points (on top of the standard 20000) with the AMEX Gold Reward Card

http://amex.co.uk/refer/elliowslek?CPID=999999554
    • westerner300
    • By westerner300 8th Nov 18, 4:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    westerner300
    Amex Platinum referral bonus - 30,000 points plus 5,000 bonus!
    Hi

If you wish to take out a Platinum card and get bonus points (30,000 from Amex + 5,000 additional bonus points), please PM me.

I have five referrals available.

Thanks.

• susanpemberton
    • By susanpemberton 9th Nov 18, 9:47 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    susanpemberton
    Hey all!

If anyone would like to be referred to American Express British Airways, SPG, Gold or Platinum card please use the link below and click view other cards

https://bit.ly/2SdIlVe

As suggested by the site rules I will make a donation to Mind, the mental health charity, if you prefer a different charity please PM me! (And show you of course!)

Thank you,

Susan
    Last edited by susanpemberton; 27-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    • orcocan
    • By orcocan 18th Nov 18, 4:53 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    orcocan
    AMEX Gold preferred rewards referral
    Hi everyone,
    Amex Gold Reward referral available, 22,000 points sign up bonus (2k more than standard bonus), send me a private message, quick turnaround promised
    Last edited by orcocan; 18-11-2018 at 6:54 PM.
    • aarontyt
    • By aarontyt 19th Nov 18, 11:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aarontyt
    Hi guys I'm new to AMEX! Please PM me for referral.

Many thanks!
    • Sdon
    • By Sdon 28th Nov 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sdon
    Amex Referral Links PM me!
    Hi Everyone,

I know there are quite a few links already on here, however, some may already have reached their max number of referrals for the year. I would be grateful if you could PM me and I will send you the link. Details of my two favorite Amex card below. (My link can allow you to sign up to ANY Amex card).

Thanks in advance!

Amex Gold Charge Card: (20,000 Points + 2000 Bonus via Referral)

Benefits:
    • 1 point per £1 spent
    • 2 points per £1 spent directly with airlines or in foreign currency
    • 3 points per £1 spent on AMEX Travel
    • Membership to Lounge Club with 2 Free passes a year
    • Bonus 10,000 points with £15k spend
    • Other great cashback & bonus point offers at many different retailers
    • Travel Insurance & access to Amex invites for priority access to show tickets.
    • Points can then be transferred to many different airlines & hotel loyalty programmes.

BA Amex Premium Plus: (26,000 Avios Points Using Link)

Benefits:
    • 1.5 Avios per £1 spent
    • 3 points per £1 spent with BA
    • 2 for 1 Companion Voucher when £10k spend
    • Other great cashback & bonus point offers at many different retailers
    • Travel Insurance & access to Amex invites for priority access to show tickets.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 28th Nov 18, 3:11 PM
    • 4,694 Posts
    • 6,933 Thanks
    Nick_C

Amex Gold Charge Card: (20,000 Points + 2000 Bonus via Referral)
    Benefits:
    Bonus 10,000 points with £15k spend
    Travel Insurance & access to Amex invites for priority access to show tickets.
    Originally posted by Sdon
    The Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Charge Card is not available to new applicants.

It was replaced last April by the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card.

The credit card has similar benefits to the charge card that it has replaced. The only noticeable drawback of the new card is that you no longer have a lucrative option to get a further bonus for upgrading from Gold to Platinum.

There is still a Gold Charge Card but it is a Business Card.

The "Travel Insurance" offered with the Gold Credit Card is very limited, and in no way replaces full travel insurance.

It basically covers

TRAVEL INCONVENIENCE
    • £200 for flight delay, overbooking or missed connection
    • £200 for baggage delayed by airline for 4 hours
    • An additional £200 for extended baggage delay by airline

TRAVEL ACCIDENT
    • £250,000 for loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing, while travelling on a public vehicle where the ticket was purchased on the Card account

The Gold Credit Card has an annual fee of £140. Although this is not charged in the first year, you will have to pay the annual fee if you keep your account open for a year.

So you can't get the 10000 Bonus Points for spending £15K unless you pay the annual fee. Although you can cancel the card at any time, and get a pro rata refund of any fee you have paid.

BA Amex Premium Plus: (26,000 Avios Points Using Link)

Benefits:
    • Travel Insurance
    Originally posted by Sdon
    The BAPP has an annual fee of £195 payable up front.

The BAPP card does not offer lounge access!!

The "travel protection" is again not full insurance
    , but offers similar benefits to the Gold Card.

If you are interested in applying for an Amex card, you should look at the information on the Amex web site and ensure you fully understand the product you are applying for.

PM me if you need a link.
    Last edited by Nick_C; 29-11-2018 at 3:44 PM.
    • zen135
    • By zen135 28th Nov 18, 5:10 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    zen135
    Amex Platinum Cashback Credit Cards
    Hello Everone,

If you would like a referral for either the Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday (£10 referral cashback) or the Amex Platinum Cashback credit card (£25 referral cashback), please use my referral link below:

http://amex.co.uk/refer/arunrXRZX?CPID=100321696

The above link will take you straight to the Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday card application page. If you wish to apply for the Amex Platinum Cashback card, just scroll to the bottom of the same page to the 'Other cards' section and click on that card.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you
    • unkyp
    • By unkyp 11th Dec 18, 5:18 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    unkyp
    PM me for a referral for Amex Gold, platinum or everyday rewards credit card.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 15th Dec 18, 4:57 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    ozaz
    Amex Referral Link
    I used @zen135's referral link.

I'd be grateful if someone could use mine
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/omarm434o?CPID=999999554"

The link will take you to a referral page for the Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card (2,000 points referral bonus if you meet the spending criteria). However if you prefer to apply for a different card (and get the associated referral bonus) just scroll down the page and choose a different card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,017Posts Today

7,604Users online

Martin's Twitter