Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 15
    • Garethgtt
    • By Garethgtt 21st Jun 18, 2:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Garethgtt
    Amex BA
    British Airways American Express

Earn 6,000 Avios when you spend 1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership!
    Spend 20,000 or more within an anniversary year to earn a complimentary Companion Voucher!
    USE MY CODE BELOW!

//amex.co.uk/refer/garettnt9i?CPID=100200084

1 Avios for every 1 spent on purchases on the Card.
    Spend 20,000 or more within an anniversary year to earn a complimentary Companion Voucher.
    Avios can be redeemed for flights, hotels or car hire
    • microwave
    • By microwave 25th Jun 18, 10:51 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    microwave
    WARNING: DO NOT USE "cogitoergosum"
    Hello all,

Just a quick warning: DO NOT use the referral code from "cogitoergosum"...

He promised 40 on referral of the BA Premium Plus card, but never paid out. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been approved for the card and I've already received the bonus Avios from AMEX. I've sent multiple messages to him, which have all been ignored.

I have proof, which is available on request.
    • GregD7
    • By GregD7 26th Jun 18, 12:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GregD7
    New Amex Referral Links
    Hi All,

If you are looking to get any of the American Express cards below, I would be grateful if you could use my referral links:

Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Credit Card
    11,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 2,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrgMKt?XLINK=MYCP

Platinum Charge Card:
    35,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 2,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/oliurroUds?XLINK=MYCP

Gold Rewards Credit Card:
    22,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 2,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrq40x?XLINK=MYCP

Platinum Cashback Everyday:
    10 bonus cashback when you spend your first 1.
    amex.co.uk/refer/shahab9hoy?XLINK=MYCP

Platinum Cashback Credit Card
    25 bonus when you spend your first 1.
    amex.co.uk/refer/shahab9hoy?XLINK=MYCP
    (scroll to bottom of page and click Platinum Everyday Credit Card)

Nectar Credit Card:
    21,000 bonus Nectar points if you spend 2,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/shahabktvf?XLINK=MYCP

Gold Business Charge Card
    22,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 3,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrqjoB?XLINK=MYCP

Platinum Business Charge Card
    45,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 6,000 in your first three months of Card membership
    amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrqjoB?XLINK=MYCP
    (scroll to bottom of page and click Platinum Business Charge Card)

Thanks
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 29th Jun 18, 8:01 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Al Ross
    American Express Credit Card
    An excellent Credit Card here.

Use my sign up link to earn free 10 Cash.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/brianmPhbz?XLINK=MYEM
    Last edited by Al Ross; 30-06-2018 at 7:40 AM.
    • bmas
    • By bmas 2nd Jul 18, 1:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bmas
    Hello

Is there a reason why referrals are being deleted - am I breaking some sort of rule.

Thanks
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 2nd Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 33,665 Posts
    • 39,777 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I've deleted multiple reposts

Only post your referral once in the thread , edit your original post if need be

Don't delete your original post and repost (I can see if your delete posts)
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    As before in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 19th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    Amex Nectar Card Referral
    Hi,

If you apply for an Amex Nectar Card via my link, you will get 21,000 Nectar Points if you spend 2,000 in the first three months. 21,000 points equates to 105 if you spend it in Sainsburys, Argos etc - sometimes you get even better redemption deals. There is no annual fee.

Here's the link:

http://amex.co.uk/refer/martibdmJU?XLINK=MYCP
    • MoneySav3r
    • By MoneySav3r 29th Jul 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MoneySav3r
    Hey

Use the below link to sign up for the American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card

and you will receive:

22,000 Membership Rewards points/Avios Points when you spend 2,000 in the first 3 months.

Link: amex.co.uk/refer/robergnhjc

This is an EXTRA 2,000 on top of what you would receive if you signed up without the link!

You will also get 1 membership reward point/Avios (they can be converted 1 to 1) for every 1 spent. Plus 10,000 bonus points if you spend 15,000 in the first year.

The card is free for the the first year and then you can cancel it before having to pay anything.

• lukesky78
    • By lukesky78 5th Aug 18, 1:14 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lukesky78
    Get more than 22000 Reward points with AMEX Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    Use the below link to sign up for the American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card

and you will receive:

22,000 Membership Rewards points/Avios Points when you spend 2,000 in the first 3 months
    using link below:

http://amex.co.uk/refer/muthian1aj?XLINK=MYCP

This is an EXTRA 2,000 on top of what you would receive if you signed up without the link!

You will also get 1 membership reward point/Avios (they can be converted 1 to 1) for every 1 spent. Plus 10,000 bonus points if you spend 15,000 in the first year.

The card is free for the the first year and then you can cancel it before having to pay anything.

Highlights of key benefits

22,000 Membership Rewards points is enough for return flights from London to Marrakech and over 100 other destinations, including Paris, Milan or Lanzarote. Terms, taxes, fees and charges apply2

Transfer your points to 15 of the world's major frequent flyer programmes including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Iberia3

Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every 1 spent on purchases4

Enjoy two complimentary lounge visits a year at over 350 airport lounges globally5

Travel and shopping protection included when paying with your Card6

Up to US$75 hotel credit and room upgrade when booking a minimum two consecutive night stay with Amex Travel. Available at over 350 hotels globally.
    Last edited by lukesky78; 05-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 5th Aug 18, 8:48 AM
    • 4,314 Posts
    • 6,110 Thanks
    Nick_C
    A new user with 9 posts in 3 hours, and everyone of them a referral link.

What a great contribution to the forums.
    • lukesky78
    • By lukesky78 5th Aug 18, 9:16 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lukesky78
    Thanks
    A new user with 9 posts in 3 hours, and everyone of them a referral link.

What a great contribution to the forums.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Thanks Nick_C for your appreciation....as i understood the forum rules, this was the place to post referrals as suggested by the Forum Sub Board Title "Referrers"

I note that your 10 years worth of contribution to this forum has also greatly added to the sum of human knowledge. You deserve a nobel prize . You have my vote !!
    Last edited by lukesky78; 05-08-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 6th Aug 18, 12:14 PM
    • 4,314 Posts
    • 6,110 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Hi everyone I have referrals for my Amex gold credit card as others have mentioned if you spend 2000 within the first three months you will get 22000 points.
    I only have a few weeks before I need to transfer my points into air miles and cancel my card before yr2 fees.! I can forward my link if anyone is interested. Thanx
    Originally posted by ANDYKK
    Did you know you can refer yourself?

Follow your own referral link and change the card type.

For example, you can go for the BAPP which will give you 26000 Avios if you spend 3K in 3 months, plus 9000 Avios for the referral.

It comes with a fee of 195, but is popular for people who want to earn a two for one voucher. And once you get the voucher, you can cancel and get a pro rata refund.

You will not get the sign up bonus if you have held a BA card in the last six months.
    • onthefencepost
    • By onthefencepost 9th Aug 18, 10:04 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    onthefencepost
    My bad - only just saw this!
    I recently applied for an AMEX and got accepted.

Can I refer my self retrospectively?

Thanks
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 9th Aug 18, 10:31 AM
    • 4,314 Posts
    • 6,110 Thanks
    Nick_C
    My bad - only just saw this!
    I recently applied for an AMEX and got accepted.

Can I refer my self retrospectively?

Thanks
    Originally posted by onthefencepost
    Not for the card you already hold. But you can refer yourself for other cards.

Also look out for bonus points for adding a supplementary card holder to your account.
    • onthefencepost
    • By onthefencepost 9th Aug 18, 10:41 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    onthefencepost
    Not for the card you already hold. But you can refer yourself for other cards.

Also look out for bonus points for adding a supplementary card holder to your account.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Shame! It is what it is.
    o.k will have a look at that.

BTW I have a Green charge card - Can I still benefit of a referral?
    Gold made more sense BUT im new to the AMEX scene so wanted to try it out - suppose I can always upgrade in the future?
    • still_ill_83
    • By still_ill_83 13th Aug 18, 3:58 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    still_ill_83
    Hi guys

I have referral links for the following cards if you'd like to gain some extra points / Avios on signing up. Click on the card you're interested in. Links are also below the cards...

Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card

You will receive 22,000 MR points when you spend 2,000 in the first 3 months - http://amex.co.uk/refer/liammwx2m?CPID=100200084

More details on the card are available here - https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/gold-credit-card

Amex British Airways Credit Card

You will receive 6,000 Avios when you spend 1,000 in the first 3 months, and a 2 for 1 'companion voucher' for spending 20,000 in a year - http://amex.co.uk/refer/liammmgxo?CPID=100200082

More details on the card are available here - https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/ba-credit-card

Cheers
    • Darren0291
    • By Darren0291 13th Aug 18, 3:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Darren0291
    AMEX BA Premium 2-4-1 & GOLD
    Hi all,

I know there are a few referral links for the BA Premium AMEX but incase anyone needs a referral for an extra 2,000 avios to reach the required avios amount for their companion ticket feel free to use the link below.

You will get;
    - 26,000 avios instead of 24,000
    - a brand spanking new AMEX card
    - 1.5 avios per 1 spent, 3 avios per 1 is spent directly on BA
    - BA Companion ticket once spending has reached 10,000 in the year
    - an extra 3,000 avios if a supplementary card is taken out
    - my eternal gratitude

amex.co.uk/refer/darreetxeo?XLINK=MYCP

I also have the AMEX Gold Credit Card..
    You will get;
    - 22,000 amex points instead of 20,000 points which can be transferred to loads of different point schemes
    - a brand new shiny gold AMEX card
    - 2 Lounge passes for airport use (one for you and one for the Mrs/Mr)
    - Discounted restaurants in the UK via Amex Taste Invites, 20% off
    - 1 point earned per 1 spent, 1.5 points for every 1 spent abroad
    - an extra bonus 10,000 points if spent 15,000 within one year
    - an extra 3,000 amex points if a supplementary card is taken out
    - my eternal gratitude

amex.co.uk/refer/darreenhde?XLINK=MYCP
    Last edited by Darren0291; 24-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    • flavione74
    • By flavione74 14th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    flavione74
    Hi guys,
    here's my referral code for the
    Amex British Airways Credit Card (no annual fee)

You will receive 6,000 Avios when you spend 1,000 in the first 3 months, and a 2 for 1 'companion voucher' for spending 20,000 in a year

http://amex.co.uk/refer/flavipAaGf?XLINK=MYCP

Cheers!
    • Annapurnas
    • By Annapurnas 15th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annapurnas
    Amex referral code
    Hi folks,

Here is my Amex referral link to receive additional bonuses than you get with the standard application for the The Preferred Rewards Gold Card:
    (Just copy and paste)

amex.co.uk/refer/johng536g?XLINK=MYCP

You will receive 22,000 membership rewards, as opposed to the usual 20,000.

This will take you to the Preferred Rewards Gold Card application, to apply for any other Amex card and again receive a larger bonus, just click on the View our Other Cards link.

To apply for the British Airways Amex Premium Plus credit card, please click this link:

amex.co.uk/refer/johng00es?XLINK=MYCP

You will receive 26,000 Avios for the British Airways Premium Plus card, standard is 25,000

6,000 Avios for the British Airways credit card, standard is 5,000

All my referrals are still available, as soon as they are used up I will post on here.

Thank you
    Last edited by Annapurnas; 15-08-2018 at 5:34 PM.
    • 76damo
    • By 76damo 16th Aug 18, 11:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    76damo
    UK Amex referrals
    UK Amex referrals
    For anyone applying for a UK Amex, I would be grateful if you consider using my referral. Please PM me for the following U.K. Amex cards to increase your sign up bonus.

British Airways Premium Plus card
    26,000 bonus Avios welcome offer, if you spend 3,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership
    195 annual fee, which is refunded pro rata when card is cancelled
    Get 2-for-1 travel with a Companion Voucher when you spend 10,000 each year
    Collect 1.5 Avios for virtually every 1 spent, and 3 Avios for every 1 spent with British Airways or BA Holidays
    Travel accident and Travel inconvenience insurance

The Platinum Card from American Express
    35,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend 2,000 in their first three months of Cardmembership.
    450 annual fee, which is refunded pro rata when card is cancelled
    Complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges across more than 120 countries worldwide.
    Comprehensive worldwide travel protection for you, your family and your Supplementary Cardmembers.
    Access extra value and exclusive benefits all around the world including complimentary room upgrades upon arrival (when available) and a late check-out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,871Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter