Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his !!!163;30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking !!!163;5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10!!!37; recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the !!!163;25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth !!!163;91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 12
    • Toki
    • By Toki 14th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Toki
    I'd be happy to refer anyone that is looking to get an American Express (Amex) card currently.

There are various options as described in other threads and also in the MSE Money Tips email this week and can be found via the link here.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-credit-card-rewards

I can refer you for any Amex card, such as the British Airways free or Premium (£195 per year) or the Preferred Gold Card which is probably best for beginners giving no fee for the first year and 22k MR points after £2k spend in 3 months along with 2 lounge visits. Remember and cancel before the 1st year to avoid the fee, or even better, refer your partner then cancel after hitting the spend target.

I can also refer for the Platinum Charge Card.

If you need any help on which to go for or advice (non financial) then please PM and more than happy to help.

You only need one referral from someone then use your own account to refer others such as friends and family to get additional points yourself. Again if you need assistance on how best to spend these points, I can help advise if required.

For example, get the Amex Gold Charge card, spend £2k and get 22MR Points. Refer your partner, get 9k MR points, they spend £2k and get 22MR points. Total points = 64k MR points at the minimum.

These can be best used on flight upgrades (Upgrade Using Avios) or RFS (Return Flight Savers) rather than converting to cash.

Please PM me should you simply require free help on MR points or Amex cards or if you require a referral.
    • tulips
    • By tulips 15th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tulips
    referral payment / bribe safely received from luke2010, thank you!
    • penguin_zoo
    • By penguin_zoo 25th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    penguin_zoo
    Referral Code
    I also have a referral code if any one wishes to use it. This can be used for any of the Amex Cards or the BA Cards.

The limit per year is 10 referrals so some of the previous codes may not work.

My Referral code has not yet been used before so as of today will work.

amex.co.uk/refer/alangvl8r
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 26th Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    • 7,080 Posts
    • 58,593 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 26-02-2018 at 9:37 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Feb 18, 6:19 PM
    • 32,861 Posts
    • 38,443 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Don't repost your links , pm the person

Only 1 referral post in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Chris Rund
    • By Chris Rund 2nd Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chris Rund
    Amex Gold referral code
    Hi all

Please use my referral code below or PM me
    amex.co.uk/refer/chrisrBuq9?XLINK=MYCP

Your will receive 22,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months instead of the normal 20,000.

Thanks
    • Talia1
    • By Talia1 5th Mar 18, 11:21 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    Talia1
    https://amex.co uk/refer/natalcWzj8?CPID=

It would be greatly appreciated if you could use my referral code to sign up, many thanks in advance. Don't forgot to post your referral code on this thread too
    £10 a day 2018 Jan-March £1423.69 April 0/£300
    £10 a day 2017 £3967.07
    • jtz
    • By jtz 9th Mar 18, 8:41 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 12,727 Thanks
    jtz
    Hi all,

I just wanted to post my referral link here

Highlights
    22,000 Membership Rewards points is enough for return flights from London to Marrakech and over 100 other destinations, including Paris, Milan or Lanzarote. Terms, taxes, fees and charges apply2
    Transfer your points to 15 of the world's major frequent flyer programmes including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Iberia3
    Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every £1 spent on purchases4
    Enjoy two complimentary lounge visits a year at over 350 airport lounges globally5
    Travel and shopping protection included when paying with your Card6
    Up to US$75 hotel credit and room upgrade when booking a minimum two consecutive night stay with Amex Travel. Available at over 350 hotels globally.

If you scroll down, there are other cards too if you prefer such as:

The Platinum card: Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards®points when you spend £2,000 in your first 3 months of Cardmembership

The Basic Green card:
    Earn 2,000 Membership Rewards®points when you spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.1

There are also SPG Amex, Nectar, BA Premium Plus and BA Blue card too.

If you prefer a pm for the link, please let me know!
    Thanks
    Last edited by jtz; 09-03-2018 at 8:43 PM.
    • alex69
    • By alex69 11th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    alex69
    vns, I've been trying to message you for weeks but your mailbox is full. Can you please get in touch?
    • darkovo
    • By darkovo 12th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    darkovo
    Hi,
    If you're looking to get an 'Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card'
    You'll get £10 cashback when you first spend over £1 on the Card.

Here's my link http://amex.co.uk/refer/davidsgIuR?XLINK=MYCP
    • newuser86
    • By newuser86 12th Mar 18, 3:04 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    newuser86
    Currently offering £40 for a successful Amex application. Please PM for referral link and details
    • JmeS
    • By JmeS 13th Mar 18, 10:49 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JmeS
    I haven't used any amex referrals this year, PM if you need one.
    • james.parsons
    • By james.parsons 13th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    james.parsons
    Hi all,

here's my American express referral link amex.co.uk/refer/jamespApIv?XLINK=MYCP

Just copy and paste into your browser search bar.

You can use this to get additional bonus points on any american express card, including the British Airways credit cards. If you don't want the gold card the link takes you to, scroll to the bottom of the page and select you preferred card from the the options available.

I think the biggest bonus from the referral comes when applying for a gold card.

Good luck and happy holidays!

James
    • ZackW
    • By ZackW 14th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ZackW
    Thanks!
    I just used the code. It worked. Thanks!
    • conan_swift
    • By conan_swift 21st Mar 18, 2:11 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    conan_swift
    VNS - Pls clear space in your PM inbox!
    I have used your referral link but can't PM you as your Inbox is full. Please clear some space.
    Thanks conan_swift
    • akajay7
    • By akajay7 21st Mar 18, 11:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    akajay7
    American Express Gold Card:

You will receive 22k American Express Reward points if you spend £2000 if the first 3 months of membership.

I'm happy to give advice so that you can hit this spend target quickly.

I will pay you £35 via PayPal/Bank Transfer. Please PM me. Replies are usually very quick.

If you look at the left hand side, you'll see I've been a MSE member for a very long time.
    Originally posted by Candystore
    Incentive above successfully received. Thanks again
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 23rd Mar 18, 1:38 PM
    • 32,861 Posts
    • 38,443 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I've deleted multiple reposts

Only post your referral once in the thread , edit your original post if need be

Don't delete your original post and repost (I can see if your delete posts)
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    And still happening

Deleted again
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Jhayers25
    • By Jhayers25 23rd Mar 18, 5:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jhayers25
    Currently offering a £35 incentive for a successful referral. You will also recieve bonus points for any card you take out.

tiny.cc/amexreferral

Click view our other cards and you can choose which one you like. Please PM once you have used the link so I can track your referral. Can pay via Amazon voucher/BACS/ Paypal it's up to you!
    • JamieB
    • By JamieB 25th Mar 18, 10:46 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    JamieB
    All referrals now used up - sorry guys!
    Last edited by JamieB; 12-04-2018 at 6:44 PM.
    • toph
    • By toph 27th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    toph
    Anyone needing Gold or Platinum Referral please use my link

Amex Referal Page
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,799Posts Today

8,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin