Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 15th Nov 16, 6:26 PM
    • 16,747Posts
    • 9,928Thanks
    motorguy
    Grandfather Clock Repair?
    • 15th Nov 16, 6:26 PM
    Grandfather Clock Repair? 15th Nov 16 at 6:26 PM
    Looking for a recommendation for a grandfather clock repairer in Northern Ireland?

Its a modern one, not an antique one.

Thanks in advance.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
Page 1
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 15th Nov 16, 8:13 PM
    • 21,173 Posts
    • 36,772 Thanks
    SailorSam
    • 15th Nov 16, 8:13 PM
    • 15th Nov 16, 8:13 PM
    If you went somewhere like an Auction house and asked, they may know somewhere.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 16th Nov 16, 9:40 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    BigAl94
    • 16th Nov 16, 9:40 AM
    • 16th Nov 16, 9:40 AM
    Call David Williams on 028 9069 3691. Probably about 4 years since he did work for me so hopefully still the right number. My clocks were antique but he knows his stuff and I'm sure he could help.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 16th Nov 16, 12:33 PM
    • 16,747 Posts
    • 9,928 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:33 PM
    • 16th Nov 16, 12:33 PM
    Cheers - thanks for the responses. I will follow those up.

Its a full blown, fully functioning American style grandfather clock, but the one guy we've had had a look at it so far said it was a fair bit different than the antique stuff he normally worked on.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • Bigcammy
    • By Bigcammy 22nd Nov 16, 2:48 PM
    • 1,036 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    Bigcammy
    • 22nd Nov 16, 2:48 PM
    • 22nd Nov 16, 2:48 PM
    We used John Alexander at http://www.its-about-timemaghera.co.uk for a clock that my granny had bought in the 60s. Despite having been packed in a box for 10 years after my mother passed away, he restored it completely and it chimes as clearly now as it did when I first heard it as a wee lad. Well worth the trip to see if he can help and a nice guy to boot.
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 7th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 16,747 Posts
    • 9,928 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    Call David Williams on 028 9069 3691. Probably about 4 years since he did work for me so hopefully still the right number. My clocks were antique but he knows his stuff and I'm sure he could help.
    Originally posted by BigAl94
    Thought i'd just follow up - meant to at the time.

Yes we called David, and he came out one Saturday afternoon and sorted the clock out. He took it all apart on our hall floor and apparently it just needed oiled.

Didnt charge us much for doing it, and was very nice to deal with.

Thanks to all who responded.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

771Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Today's twitter poll: Should cannabis be legalised, for medical (via prescription) use, and/or adult's recreational use?

• Follow Martin