Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • voixdeville
    • By voixdeville 14th Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 1Thanks
    voixdeville
    Baby swimming lessons
    • 14th Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    Baby swimming lessons 14th Nov 16 at 6:32 PM
    Hi,

I have a 4 month old baby and I would like her to start having swimming lessons. I am based just South of Manchester.

I contacted Water Babies for information, but think their classes are extortionate at 150. I have also read some bad reviews of the company online.

Does anyone know of any classes that are more reasonably priced? Or any companies you would like to recommend please?

Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • jackomdj
    • By jackomdj 15th Sep 18, 11:03 PM
    • 2,869 Posts
    • 3,568 Thanks
    jackomdj
    I am from Houston, My daughter is learning swimming skills from Pengu Swim School in $78/month which include other facilities also, quite cheap though.
    Originally posted by juliamarshall001
    Julia I am sure op has found suitable lessons as her post was a couple of years ago. Also is the swim school you are promoting in America? This is a uk site.
    • happybunny86
    • By happybunny86 18th Sep 18, 10:59 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,089 Thanks
    happybunny86
    I took my son swimming at a private pool with a similar swim provider and it was 13 a lesson. In all honesty they dont teach them to swim they just want them to be confident in water and you get that by continuing to go with them. Sometimes they will love it and sometimes they won't. We found it too expensive to keep up but found that our council pools/leisure centre offer lessons for 4.50 a week which is pretty much what it would cost for entry for both of us to the pool so we do this now. The lessons are very similar in every way but price. There are actually fewer people in the council pool class! If you look up the French way of doing things they just get them familiar in the pool until they are about two as they won't learn to swim before this so you could just go to a mother and toddler session weekly. I just find the structured lesson means we go each week
    Pay off Debts by Christmas 2015 = DEBT FREE!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

4,097Users online

Martin's Twitter