Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Nick
    • By Former MSE Nick 4th Nov 16, 4:02 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    Former MSE Nick
    Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion
    • 4th Nov 16, 4:02 PM
    Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion 4th Nov 16 at 4:02 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss

Best Sim-only Deals

Click reply to discuss or ask a question about this article click reply
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 12-11-2018 at 1:33 PM.
Page 17
    • colin25710
    • By colin25710 10th May 19, 11:38 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    colin25710
    Just phoned Sky Mobile and they confirmed that the 6 2Gig offer is open to new customers - complete with data rollover - so seems like a good deal
    • hairymonster2000
    • By hairymonster2000 16th May 19, 6:39 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hairymonster2000
    I live in Spain but need a UK mobile number.

It won't be used very much at all so it needs to be a PAYG sin only deal with no roaming or monthly charge.

Which is currently the best deal please?

Thank you.
    • AntB
    • By AntB 16th May 19, 9:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AntB
    Vodaphone 100gb
    I was tempted by this deal but looking at the mobiles.co.uk page it says you have to claim the cashback at 5 different during the year, claiming 26.40 each time. How does the extra 10 for using the voucher factor into this?

If it was a one off claim for the cashback I would be going for it, but it just seems a bit strange? What do you think of this?
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th May 19, 1:51 PM
    • 8,118 Posts
    • 2,780 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback
    • d123
    • By d123 16th May 19, 3:04 PM
    • 7,756 Posts
    • 5,054 Thanks
    d123
    I live in Spain but need a UK mobile number.

It won't be used very much at all so it needs to be a PAYG sin only deal with no roaming or monthly charge.

Which is currently the best deal please?

Thank you.
    Originally posted by hairymonster2000
    If you live in Spain use a Spanish sim or sign up for a VOIP line (if you have access to a UK address to receive the registration code Sipgate will give a standard 01xx number). Sipgate can be used on a PC, a normal phone with adapter or smartphone.

Mobile roaming is limited (and enforced) by the networks to a max of 60 days.
    ====
    • AntB
    • By AntB 16th May 19, 4:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AntB
    ] https ://forums...gexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    I'm surprised MSE are suggesting this deal on their newsletter when you have to jump through so many hoops to get the cashback and by the looks of it, people are constantly having problems with this method. If it's too good to be true MSE should not promote the offers...
    • alarge
    • By alarge 16th May 19, 5:36 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    alarge
    I can confirm that Sky now do the 6pm 2GB 4G data and unlimited calls and texts without the need for a TV contract. It was until recently (maybe the last week or two) that you would need it. I am cancelling my TV and have moved both mobiles I have with sky over to that deal. Not sure if its a limited time offer or not. I must admit I am quite happy with Sky mobile, not had any issues with them for my mobiles.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th May 19, 5:49 PM
    • 8,118 Posts
    • 2,780 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    I'm surprised MSE are suggesting this deal on their newsletter when you have to jump through so many hoops to get the cashback and by the looks of it, people are constantly having problems with this method. If it's too good to be true MSE should not promote the offers...
    Originally posted by AntB
    I quite like jumping. I preferred it when the hoops were higher and smaller; now the deals aren't anywhere near as good and they're the only ones I use.
    • jcut
    • By jcut 17th May 19, 12:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jcut
    Vodaphone 100gb
    Hi

I thought I'd add my two cents as I've just signed up to this exact 100Gb Voda sim deal.
    This is how I've understood it:

If you go to the Mobiles.co.uk website without the affiliate MSE link you get 132 cashback by redemption (aka painful submitting of bills)

If you go through the MSE link its 'only' 110 automatic cashback (100 from Mobiles.co.uk + 10 by using MSE voucher code)

So you get 22 less cashback but in return its automatic - you receive a cheque for the full amount within 2 months. Time will tell I interpreted it correctly.

Confusingly at the bottom of the confirmation email it says:

About your cashback offer
    Your cashback offer
    Claiming your cashback couldn't be simpler. You will need to send in your mobile phone bill at months .
    This will save you 0 over your 12 month contract. In effect, this will take your monthly line rental to 15.666666666667 per month.
    You can send electronic versions of your bill via your My Account area by clicking here.

Jcut
    Last edited by jcut; 17-05-2019 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added title
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 17th May 19, 1:59 PM
    • 8,118 Posts
    • 2,780 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Welcome to the world of Mobiles.co cashback. Sounds like you've missed the groundrule number 7 - copy the t&c at the point of sale - instead of relying on subsequent emails from them (which are often wrong and sometimes contradictory - as well as irrelevant IF you've done what you should have done).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,598Posts Today

5,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin