Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 4,369Posts
    • 48,853Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes
    • 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes 27th Oct 16 at 9:11 AM
    Hello

I think that the time may be right to start a new diary. So much has changed since I started my 2nd diary, which can be found HERE and we're a whole lifetime away from my first diary, which can be found HERE

Whilst my first 2 diaries concentrated on living a simple life, concentrating on debt-avoidance for my (then) DP and I, we had a 'bit' of a tumultuous 2015, which meant that my DP became my DH and we 'Two' became 3, with the safe arrival of Baby Greying

Our focus has changed dramatically. Far from contemplating 'downsizing' (a bit of a misnomer in terms of our house, honestly, I've been in bigger 'flats'! ) and somehow achieving early retirement; we now have a future focus that needs us to be super fit and active for as long as we can be. Also, as older first time parents, we are both committed to try to be in Baby Greying's life for as long as possible, without being a burden. Because whilst being older does have some distinct advantages when applied to parenting, there is no denying there's a downside too..............

Also, the economic climate is changing once again. Blame it on whatever you like, but there is always some reason why prices of x, y or z rise. There is always a reason why, when you find a way to combat inflation; someone comes along and changes the rules of the game. A good example of this is our wood burner. When we had it installed, we had access to a goodly amount of free wood, we both had the time and energy to process it and we could live with parts of the house being cold. Forward 10 years; more people have stoves - and are all chasing that 'free' wood, 'purchased' logs are now very expensive around here and we've no time to stack nor chop wood. It's become easier, and 'as expensive' to flick the on switch for the central heating....... a cleaner in-house option, that can keep the whole house a manageable temperature and Baby Greying at a safe and comfortable temperature.

Now it does matter if our hair-brained money saving wheezes make our teeth fall out or our toes freeze orf, because it impacts on our ability to look after Baby Greying in the now and in the future. Our health and well-being is a priority - but still not at any price. We want to have it all,;but with only a modest budget available, we're gonna have to get creative. I rarely shop in the 'big 4' supermercados. We purchase some things from mrL, some from mrAl. A smattering from mrW, mrT and m&$ (bananas mostly), with h0me bargins and h3ron f00ds being the sources of our regular shopping. We also have access to a food co-operative and I occasionally get to go to the next city along to get bulk purchases of pulses and spices.

Our focus now (that we've got over the shock of Baby Greying ) is to move on from Greying Towers. The long and short of it boils down to it not being the right environment for us to bring up a child here. There are nicer places. We need to find them. So a move is on the cards. However, some renovation of the towers is necessary, and whilst funding has always been an issue; now we have the added upheaval of trying to do work around a baby. Not impossible, but not ideal. It's also still proving impossible to find reliable tradespeople. We're looking for a plumber, again

The one thing that I've come to recognise with age is that there is always 'good stuff' in every life. Even when you're really going through the mill. There are good people, who say or do good things to help you. There are the wonders of nature to take in at every turn. There is humour everywhere, even if you have to look under a few rocks to find it. It is important to be thankful, even on the dark days. And I try to do that - and find writing it down, in my online diary a good exercise in stopping. And thinking.

We like food at Greying Towers. I write about it alot. I take pictures of me tea. We're vegetarian (at present) and so vegetables feature. Alot. When it's gifted HG produce, it's even better

So, do you fancy climbing aboard for the new adventure. Taking some time out to Fall apart in my backyard with Me, DH and BG?

Greying X
    Last edited by Greying Pilgrim; 29-10-2016 at 8:24 AM.
    'Ich habe genug' 'Your Vibe attracts your Tribe'

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
Page 127
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 15th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

Have a lovely time with your friend
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks love, we did

I bought some frozen avocado halves from icyland today and my first thought was, 'ooh, must tell gp about them'! They were 3.50 for 8 halves and you can see them all as the packet is clearish. I have no idea how the price compares with elsewhere. But I can say that once defrosted, they don't keep their shape like fresh ones. Still tasty though.

Jus' lettin' ya know....
    Originally posted by apple muncher
    Ah, thanks for thinking of me! I think that sounds on a par with mrT, who is one retailer that I know did stock them. The issue that I found with our mrT was the variable nature of them having them in stock - and the vagries of working out where they had been 'put' in the freezer aisle 'this' week - when is a fruit not a fruit? I agree, they are just about passable for use raw, and most excellent for anything whizzed up or cooked

Our friend arrived and we enjoyed a wonderful time with them. It is always good and illuminating to chat to them. BG was reasonably well-behaved whilst my friend was with us. But their behaviour did deteriorate when they had gone. I'm not too sure if tiredness is to blame, or whether they were a little overwrought, or whether it is a stage, or............. But it's something that will need to be kept an eye on. Forgive me for not going into detail, it's not something I particularly want to talk about at the mo, but I didn't want to give the impression that I'm going for 'Mum of the Year 2018', neither, and that BG is always perfectly behaved and has a permanent halo........... Because they don't, and they are just being 'normal', but normal has it's pitfalls

I did a bit of shopping today, before our friend arrived. I spent 3 on fruit alone in HB! But I did get a pack of purple sprouting broccoli - British grown, 200g for 1 from there too. That must be nearly half the price you'd pay elsewhere - I'm looking at you mand$. When I was cooking it, I pulled out a piece to test for 'doneness'. BG correctly identified it as broccoli, and went to take it from my hand. I explained it was too hot, but began breaking off some of the tiny florets to cool quicker. BG picked up a cooled piece, and I began eating my floret 'with gusto' - they looked unconvinced, but did at least try the floret. They gave me half back but they did, at least try it (voluntarily) - which is a first!

Tea this evening was a salad bowl. I cooked some brown basmati rice, did the Happy Pear apple/beetroot salad, dressed some wild rocket, steamed the PSB and drizzled some tahini/miso/citrus dressing over, chopped up some cucumber, fried some HM, Happy Pear Vegan Sausages and served them with the salad, the amba chutney and a tomato poncily cut into a water-lily shape (I am that 1970's throw-back ) Considering it was mostly using up bits and bobs, and thrown together, it filled us up and tasted OK. The PSB was lovely, and such a rare treat to have a seasonal veg - more or less in season! (coming to the end now).

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

kindness

compassion

companionship

Ta for popping in and joining in the chat. Appreciated.

Greying X

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 9:35 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,028 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you had a lovely time with your friend.
    I remember the joys of a toddler DS
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 17th May 18, 3:39 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Afternoon

Where does the time go? We have - more or less - been keeping out of trouble mind

We had a spiffing time with a friend yesterday afternoon, and BG got to play with a little chum, who they like very much, and play very nicely with. I got coffee, cake and a natter - and BG got to see their chum and run safely around a lovely garden How rich my life, eh?

Today we went adventurising. A chum had told me about a spice emporium that I didn't know existed in a nearby market town, so we went to check it out. T'was brill and will be our 'goto' store in the future We also pootled in and around all the chazzers. I only got some greeting cards from the CRUK shop - 3 for 1 - but the kind lady in there also told me how to get to the spice emporium too, so I'm glad I went in there. There is also still a covered market in this town. Like most markets, it was obviously struggling, but there was a nice range of stalls and they had avoided going down the 'gentrification' route. I bought some majorcan new taties from the greengrocers. They DID also stock the cornish ones, and I'd loved to have supported the cornish growers of Helston, but for some reason, they were nearly three times as much as the majorcan ones, so pragmatism won over patriotism I'm afraid. I did eschew the corfu tatties, as they were the size of house bricks....... I was almost tempted by some asparagus (UK), but even at the very, very good price of 1.49, the bundle size did seem a bit on the small size.

I have no idea what is for tea. We had fish, chips and mushy peas for tea last night, as time ran away from me (what with gallivanting about and what not ).

So today's expenditure has been focused on good deals, bargains and fresh produce. Think it meets the brief

Can't think of owt else to witter on about, so I best shuffle orf.

Greying X

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 18th May 18, 6:34 AM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

Up with the larks (well, the second shift ). And looks like it may develop into a lovely day weather-wise.

Tea last night ended up being a salad bowl mash-up. DH picked up some feta (actually mrL greek style salad cheese), along with bread & milk etc on the way home. So I made a potato/tomato salad using the Majorcan tatties (some left over to make a mayo-free potato salad for lunch), made a version of Tzatziki, and a 'greek inspired' salad of roasted red peppers (jarred), olives and feta in a lemon vinagrette. This topped a handful of salad leaves, which was the last of a bag of prepped salad from mrL. I topped off each plate with a half of avocado from the 'wonky bag'. It was ripe, creamy and delicious and a delight to eat.

Tea this evening is up in the air. I'll have to buy some bits for it, so I'm not sure which direction to pursue. It's unlikely to be pizza, as I've not got enough cheese. Will have a think.

Don't know of any other relevant MSE activities today. Will just try hard to stay out of mischief, I guess.

Ta for popping by.

Greying X

• Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 18th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 8,283 Posts
    • 41,308 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Morning Greying If you have to go to the shop anyway, can I respectfully suggest you buy cheese, then you can have pizza (I'm mostly saying this as I had pizza for tea myself last night and it was most tasty)

Hope you have a jolly day. Weather does indeed seem glorious round here too
    Mortgage over payments since Feb 2018 = 558.25
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th May 18, 9:35 AM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,028 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy Friday Grayling & friends

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 18th May 18, 11:07 AM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 15,480 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Happy Friday

Hope you have a lovely weekend x

P.S.. I still love to read your posts. you seem so 'happy' it really cheers my day up
    x
    Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 18th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Morning Greying If you have to go to the shop anyway, can I respectfully suggest you buy cheese, then you can have pizza
    Originally posted by Cheery Daff

Ah ha! Always one with a cunning plan Cheery But, much like British Rail, my excuse is that I can't have pizza, because I went to the wrong type of shop...... We use MrAl or MrL basics cheese, and I couldn't walk there today, because I had to walk to get something else in entirely the different direction. And I only have little legs. So I'm trying to come up with something else spiffing for tea instead

Happy Friday Grayling & friends

Thanks lovely, backatcha!

P.S.. I still love to read your posts. you seem so 'happy' it really cheers my day up
    x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree

Hope you are having a great Friday too WannabeFree.

I'm not happy all the time, and I try not to write 'rose-tinted' posts, that make out that all in life at Greying Towers is peachy, as clearly that isn't the case and it would be disingenuous to make out it was. I do get terribly mangled up by other people's actions/words and deeds, particularly when they harm or affect me or my family. I'm getting a bit better at managing that, but still a long way to go. I think too, I always have been content with the pretty simple things in life, and take great pleasure from the delights of nature, or little people or animals. Watching two little people having fun, pottering about on a bit of grass in the sunshine the other afternoon filled me with such joy. To some people that would have been 'nowt' and only mentionable if it had been a soft play/water park/theme park and the accompanying photos were b00k of face worthy........ "all" we got out of our afternoon was smiles, giggles, grass-stains, and I very much hope - lasting memories

But you are right, I am happy with my 'lot' where I have a say or control or influence over what happens - which is most of the time. Occasionally, for whatever reason, someone takes it upon themselves to p1$$ on my parade. Somedays they succeed; somedays my caravan moves quicker than their aim..........

Take care you

Greying X

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 18th May 18, 2:08 PM
    • 1,937 Posts
    • 11,899 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I did some of the aforementioned expensive things with my pair (with vouchers mind you, or with gifted annual memberships from grandparents), they don't remember them! We trailed round the zoo once a week for a year, then the forest park with a train, etc. They just liked the playgrounds wherever we went.
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 18th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

Ha ha - free fun in the sun. BG, mumma and dadda, dancing 'hand-in-hand' (at BG's insistence) to the music on R2 tonight. Priceless

So, I dropped on some rather barginacious 'sparrow-grass' when out and about today - thank you HB, yes I will take 200g of British Asparagus for 99p, 'eye-thankyoo'...... To be absolutely fair, mrA had 300g of British asparagus (Warwickshire origin), for 1.50, which is price comparative; however, I had already bought 2 packs from HB, and TBH, the stuff in mrA looked like it had been harvested 3 weeks last Wednesday.... jus' sayin'......... There was very little 'wastage' from the one HB pack I prepped for tea, and even that will come in for asparagus pesto........

I also got some grapes for 1 and some more PSB for 1 from HB, along with a tray of med. roasting veg for 1 - we'll not mention what the equivalent tray costs in m&$, shall we????

Tea this evening was gonna be asparagus risotto, but then I discovered that i didn't have as much risotto rice as I thought I had, so.... it morphed into grilled asparagus pasta, with the l/o feta, diced tomatoes and a lemon dressing. T'was really summery, even if I do say so meself

Today I am really, really grateful for these 3 things;

the first asparagus of the season (for us)

for priceless moments with BG

that i don't have to be born a prince, nor marry one, to afford delicious, fresh, British produce - Yay! for British Farmers

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 19th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

It looks like it might be another fine day. Most of us are dressed and breakfasted - I had avocado toast - go me! I had read somewhere, and I'm sorry, I can't remember where (although I think it may have been Laura Wright over on the first mess), about adding a bit of nutritional yeast to the mashed up avocado. As I have some, I did Along with a bit of chipotle flakes, salt & pepper. Yumski

There will need to be a few things bought from the supermercado today - DH has been furnished with a list And yes, cheese is on the list today I've some bits and pieces to get up the high street, so we'll get going once the shops are open.

Tea this evening is still undecided. I may go down the curry route, but I've an idea for something else as well, so we'll see how the time pans out.

I dunna think I'm gonna be glued to the telly today

Right, can't think of owt else MS to witter on about, so best shift-a-tail-feather

Greying X

• supersaver1000
    • By supersaver1000 19th May 18, 9:20 AM
    • 2,107 Posts
    • 13,206 Thanks
    supersaver1000

I made a potato/tomato salad using the Majorcan tatties, made a version of Tzatziki, and a 'greek inspired' salad of roasted red peppers (jarred), olives and feta in a lemon vinagrette. This topped a handful of salad leaves, ................. topped off each plate with a half of avocado from the 'wonky bag'. It was ripe, creamy and delicious and a delight to eat.
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim
    Sat here this morning, mouth watering reading this. You have inspired me....
    All CC debt (67% saved) - 100% by Xmas 2018 : Flylady : Grocery club member : Old Style Weightloss lurker
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got

June Grocery Budget 374.86/200 - Completely Debt-free by April 2019 Jan 2019
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 19th May 18, 11:37 AM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    *Waves* to Supersaver

Well, we got most of the bits and pieces on the list. Unfortunately, HB didn't have any lemons, so I didn't get any. I forgot to look in m&$ and the ones in the cellophane-wrapped meat shop were premium price for less than premium product.....

I did also manage to get a hair-cut, as my hairdresser was in early and there was only one client in front of me. just timed it right, as the place filled, just as we sat down.

So, definitely not a nsd today, but all things that were needed, so.......oh, apart from the choc ices that fell into the basket in h3r0n......

Right, I definitely need to shuffle orf and get some tidying done, fold and put away some clothes and sort out some lunch eventually.

Greying X

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 19th May 18, 8:05 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

I hope that you have had a great day, whatever you have found to do to amuse yourself

DH managed to bag some lemons in mrAl, 5 (I'm sure) in a net, unwaxed for 80p I may well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that mrT have 'shrunk' the size of their own brand veggie, lincolnshire-style sausages The bag is huge, the sausages are not Let's hope they haven't messed around with the ingredients again.....

BG has had a mixed day. They seem to have had plenty of sleep, and yet when their behaviour deteriorated slightly, tiredness seemed to be at the back of it, so...... But they are still pretty good on the whole, and often don't realise the result of their actions, rather than be deliberately naughty. That's life, I guess.

Tea this evening turned out well, given it was a bit (lot) of a mash-up I made a red onion/green bean/black olive crustless quiche, which cooked in the oven with the tray of mediterranean veg that I got from HB. I added a smidge extra oil to the veg, a speck of salt & pepper and a splodge of garlic - whole garlic cloves would have been excellent I didn't use the l/o Majorcan tatties yesterday, so I made them into the meat-free Monday Potato Salad, with what i had, rather than slavishly following the recipe (don't like radishes anyway ). I steamed (left it a bit too long ) the PSB I had bought from HB yesterday, and plonked it all on a plate. I would definitely buy the tray of med. roasting veg again, I think it is well priced at 1. The PSB is lovely (even lovelier when not over-cooked), and the tatties worked well in the salad, it was obvious you were eating tattie, iyswim.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

my lovely husband - a wonderful husband, partner and father

a sorely needed haircut

for actually folding up the dry washing and putting it away - 'tis the little things..........

Ta for popping by.

Greying X

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th May 18, 8:23 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,028 Thanks
    beanielou
    Love your 3 things to be grateful for

***Keep plodding***
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 19th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Love your 3 things to be grateful for

I sometimes worry I sound flippant, or glib, beanie. But the truth is, I really am glad for these things. My DH is just an 'ordinary' bloke, but he works hard for us, his family. And realises that marriage is mostly about teamwork, to achieve what needs to be done. And as for fatherhood - he was made for it

My hairdresser is a lovely lass, inspirational and a joy to be around. Life has thrown some ***t her way, but still she soldiers on with a spring in her step and a smile on her face. And she cuts my hair just how I've always wanted it For a relatively price.

And I'm glad I got the washing cleared away, as there was more to replace it (actually don't like drying washing indoors, but needs must ), and whilst I was doing it, BG fell asleep, so i was able to carry on, knowing that they were safe and sound and getting some restorative zzzz's in

Greying X

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th May 18, 8:54 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,028 Thanks
    beanielou
    I sometimes worry I sound flippant, or glib, beanie. But the truth is, I really am glad for these things. My DH is just an 'ordinary' bloke, but he works hard for us, his family. And realises that marriage is mostly about teamwork, to achieve what needs to be done. And as for fatherhood - he was made for it

My hairdresser is a lovely lass, inspirational and a joy to be around. Life has thrown some ***t her way, but still she soldiers on with a spring in her step and a smile on her face. And she cuts my hair just how I've always wanted it For a relatively price.

And I'm glad I got the washing cleared away, as there was more to replace it (actually don't like drying washing indoors, but needs must ), and whilst I was doing it, BG fell asleep, so i was able to carry on, knowing that they were safe and sound and getting some restorative zzzz's in

Greying X
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim
    You never sound glib or flippant.
    Just happy with your lot which is a truely great gift.
    If only more people were xx

***Keep plodding***
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 20th May 18, 3:17 PM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Afternoon

Well, we've had a ball today. We went on an early (ish) morning adventure armed with a breakfast picnic (not wholly successful, am going to have to up my game in that department) to view a ....... I suppose you would call it an art trail - or perhaps a sculpture trail. Anyhoo, it was at a tourist honey-trap spot, so we decided to get there early to enjoy the pieces and avoid the crowds. That bit was successful, as we were able to enjoy the various works and take pictures of them, or of BG, to our hearts content.

Sadly, as with any outdoor public art, some 'people' had been unable to just ignore the pieces, and had taken it upon themselves to be judge, jury and executioner to some of the artwork. Trying to spoil it for everyone. Idiots.

We then went in search of bluebells in one of our favourite woodland walking spots. We found plenty, despite the season being quite advanced, and the weather warm for woodland plants.

Our trip out cost us knowt but fuel for the car, as the parking was free everywhere and we didn't actually need to buy anything, even though some shops were open for business. I did pop into mrAl on the way back to see if there was some beetroot in the S6. There was not. So I went to mrL instead and just got several bits for teas this week.

We had a 'picnic' lunch for our.... um lunch. DH had insisted we take one, but that wasn't what I intended - so it got carried about hither and yon, and then brought back to where it originated! I will get better on this 'breakfast picnic' mularkey - my intention is that you take out breakfast, but you're out for less than half the day, coming back home for lunch. I think this is the first one that we have done, with or without BG so it's a learning curve.......... None of us starved, we walked quite a way and had alot of fun together as a family. That's a win in my book

Right, I'm away to do summat - can't spend all day enjoying meself, can I?

Greying X

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 22nd May 18, 6:54 AM
    • 4,369 Posts
    • 48,853 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

Tuesday. Mmm.

I've some shopping to do today, so a 'brisk walk' is in order

I got some good sorting and tidying done yesterday - which of course, looks like nowt - a mix of toot and recyclables to the chazzer. I've a 'hot-spot' of dumped stuff that I would like to tackle today, so we will see how we go.

A list of stuff for the weekend is being devised. At the mo, we're shoving everything onto it, and then we'll have to sift it down into the 'possible'. I'm trying to encourage DH to complete one or two tasks this week, in order to help us achieve things at the weekend. But it's difficult after a long day at work, etc etc. So I do feel suitably mean.

Tea last night was Morrocan lentil salad, tomato & potato salad, dressed rocket leaves and grilled halloumi. I used green speckled lentils, as they were closest to hand, but I do have plenty of brown lentils (masoor dhal) too, so could have used them.

I've got a few ideas for tea this evening. It depends how well my shopping trip goes.

I've some money to shift about, on behalf of BG.

Can't think of owt else MS, so best vamoose.

Ta for reading. Appreciated.

Greying X

• rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 22nd May 18, 10:39 AM
    • 2,274 Posts
    • 14,492 Thanks
    rtandon27
    Love a good list!
    1 YEAR & 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    STILL - Juggling the pots to keep in the black! - NOT an easy task!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,499Posts Today

6,058Users online

Martin's Twitter