Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 4,262Posts
    • 47,625Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes
    • 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes 27th Oct 16 at 9:11 AM
    Hello

I think that the time may be right to start a new diary. So much has changed since I started my 2nd diary, which can be found HERE and we're a whole lifetime away from my first diary, which can be found HERE

Whilst my first 2 diaries concentrated on living a simple life, concentrating on debt-avoidance for my (then) DP and I, we had a 'bit' of a tumultuous 2015, which meant that my DP became my DH and we 'Two' became 3, with the safe arrival of Baby Greying

Our focus has changed dramatically. Far from contemplating 'downsizing' (a bit of a misnomer in terms of our house, honestly, I've been in bigger 'flats'! ) and somehow achieving early retirement; we now have a future focus that needs us to be super fit and active for as long as we can be. Also, as older first time parents, we are both committed to try to be in Baby Greying's life for as long as possible, without being a burden. Because whilst being older does have some distinct advantages when applied to parenting, there is no denying there's a downside too..............

Also, the economic climate is changing once again. Blame it on whatever you like, but there is always some reason why prices of x, y or z rise. There is always a reason why, when you find a way to combat inflation; someone comes along and changes the rules of the game. A good example of this is our wood burner. When we had it installed, we had access to a goodly amount of free wood, we both had the time and energy to process it and we could live with parts of the house being cold. Forward 10 years; more people have stoves - and are all chasing that 'free' wood, 'purchased' logs are now very expensive around here and we've no time to stack nor chop wood. It's become easier, and 'as expensive' to flick the on switch for the central heating....... a cleaner in-house option, that can keep the whole house a manageable temperature and Baby Greying at a safe and comfortable temperature.

Now it does matter if our hair-brained money saving wheezes make our teeth fall out or our toes freeze orf, because it impacts on our ability to look after Baby Greying in the now and in the future. Our health and well-being is a priority - but still not at any price. We want to have it all,;but with only a modest budget available, we're gonna have to get creative. I rarely shop in the 'big 4' supermercados. We purchase some things from mrL, some from mrAl. A smattering from mrW, mrT and m&$ (bananas mostly), with h0me bargins and h3ron f00ds being the sources of our regular shopping. We also have access to a food co-operative and I occasionally get to go to the next city along to get bulk purchases of pulses and spices.

Our focus now (that we've got over the shock of Baby Greying ) is to move on from Greying Towers. The long and short of it boils down to it not being the right environment for us to bring up a child here. There are nicer places. We need to find them. So a move is on the cards. However, some renovation of the towers is necessary, and whilst funding has always been an issue; now we have the added upheaval of trying to do work around a baby. Not impossible, but not ideal. It's also still proving impossible to find reliable tradespeople. We're looking for a plumber, again

The one thing that I've come to recognise with age is that there is always 'good stuff' in every life. Even when you're really going through the mill. There are good people, who say or do good things to help you. There are the wonders of nature to take in at every turn. There is humour everywhere, even if you have to look under a few rocks to find it. It is important to be thankful, even on the dark days. And I try to do that - and find writing it down, in my online diary a good exercise in stopping. And thinking.

We like food at Greying Towers. I write about it alot. I take pictures of me tea. We're vegetarian (at present) and so vegetables feature. Alot. When it's gifted HG produce, it's even better

So, do you fancy climbing aboard for the new adventure. Taking some time out to Fall apart in my backyard with Me, DH and BG?

Greying X
    Last edited by Greying Pilgrim; 29-10-2016 at 8:24 AM.
    'Ich habe genug' 'Your Vibe attracts your Tribe'

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
Page 103
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 9th Jan 18, 8:35 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 47,173 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    I second Economy Gastronomy. Used copies available from this link.
    I think I saw plain flour reduced in Mr Al.
    Have a good day, Greying!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 54,919 Posts
    • 219,284 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope your admin goes as you hope.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 9th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

A lovely day has been had The day started off well, as apropos of nowt, BG clambered up on mumma's lap ( I was sat down at the time ) rested themselves across my body and into the crook of my arm and just lay there........ not moving, not falling asleep, just content in my company. They stayed like that for at least 15 minutes. Bliss

We got our walk in and had a big gulp of fresh air. BG fell over and got themselves muddy again..... Thing is, they were on a path - I wouldn't have thought to put them in their waterproof onesie, for fear of it ripping on the rough surface. But I'll have to rethink my approach, as another load of washing had to be done today.......

Lashings of fresh air made the baby sleepy and so mumma made hay whilst the sun shone, and made that phone call. I'm glad I did, it's not sorted owt, but I needed to make the call. Perhaps it may yet jumpstart someone into action. I have made myself some additional admin as a result, but at least something that is seemingly heaping unfairness onto unfairness may be attended to.

Tea this evening was the pumpkin chowder (made with BNS) from the Economy Gastronomy book. I can't find a link to it online, but basically it's pumkin, garlic, ground coriander and cumin, chillies (or not, depending on your liking), veg stock, coconut milk and chopped fresh coriander. Blitz or leave chunky, according to preference. Our UK grown BNS was nice - very, very orange inside I added onion into my soup, and a touch of turmeric. Just because Simple enough recipe (I baked my BNS before hand, but the recipe didn't call for it to be - you can cook the BNS in the veg stock before adding the other ingredients), tasted nice and used up ingredients I already had (I wasn't making the recipe quantity so just used up coconut milk l/o from the freezer).

Today I am grateful for these three things;

simple pleasures seen through the eyes of a child

simple food

that i simply stopped prevaricating and got *it* done...........

Ta for popping in and encouraging me. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 9th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 7,366 Posts
    • 55,488 Thanks
    apple muncher
    I know you can roast BNS with the skin on and then use it all (apart from the seeds, of course!) in a soupy thingy. But can you do the same on the hob? I've always peeled mine but since turning all arthriticky and feeble at times, especially in my hands, I find wielding a large sharp knife to cut through a BNS almost beyond me. If it didn't need peeling, then I could 'coax' dh into simply chopping it up for me to use...
    NST June Odyssey #20; NSD 11/15; Ex 9/20 ; craft / (69); remove 54 (433)
    2018 Pay off: £2110; 2
    018 sell

Mortgage £21,033 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 9th Jan 18, 8:54 PM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    I know you can roast BNS with the skin on and then use it all (apart from the seeds, of course!) in a soupy thingy. But can you do the same on the hob? I've always peeled mine but since turning all arthriticky and feeble at times, especially in my hands, I find wielding a large sharp knife to cut through a BNS almost beyond me. If it didn't need peeling, then I could 'coax' dh into simply chopping it up for me to use...
    Originally posted by apple muncher

I don't know is the short answer.

BUT........ Would steaming chunks cause the skin to come away easily from the flesh - like it does when roasted? Would microwaving do the same thing? I would have thought 'searing' BNS chunks in a pan would take forever, would result in you stinking out your kitchen, and probably only make sections of the skin come off - rather than the whole thing?

I know exactly what you mean about getting into the BNS - DH asked me a question as I was trying to get a knife through mine last night! Yeh, like I'm gonna divert my attention from trying to push down a large knife into a rock hard bns!!! I found that a serrated peeler helped peel the BNS when I have to peel them for a dish - but I appreciate even that would possibly be of little use with arthritic hands.

Greying X

• apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 9th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 7,366 Posts
    • 55,488 Thanks
    apple muncher
    It seems like the 'roast it in the oven first' approach may be the simplest, as it renders it soft and squishy and easy to cut up

Thank you x
    018 sell

Mortgage £21,033 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • starnac
    • By starnac 10th Jan 18, 1:01 PM
    • 5,254 Posts
    • 24,679 Thanks
    starnac
    Oh GP I must confess I laughed at BG finding the only bit of mud to fall into again. Kids have a certain knack don't they? DS fell over this morning on the way to school. Came off his scooter. He also managed to find the only bit of mud to fall into! Thankfully our school is amazing and his TA took him straight off to clean him up, hands, coat and uniform too. I am so grateful as DS would have hated spending the day in a dirty uniform.

And my heart melted hearing you tell of the way BG climbed into your arms. Bliss indeed.
    Savings £1000
    Overpayments made £0/£1208.15
    Make £2018 in 2018 #70 £492/£2018
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 10th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Afternoon

starnac - the more annoying thing was that actually, it was a wet path - that to the naked eye looked..... cleanish. But when i got BG upright, the tale on the coat and trousers was a different matter! And to top it off, when we had been there the day before, *near* to that spot, someone had allowed their dog to make a *deposit*, now, as far as I'm aware, that was cleaned up, but.................................... So the washing was as much a precaution as a necessity.

Gosh, we've been round and about this morn. I spent some money in mrAl - and got some of the celery in the S6. The beetroot looks nice too, may well splash out on some of that, before the offer ends.

BG is currently napping. So I made hay and had my lunch, as I was starving having skipped breakfast - tsk! I had leftover soup from last night.

Tea this evening will be barley and beetroot risotto. It's a Jack Monroe recipe - I think it's available on her website - I'll have to check - but I know that I got it from the Royal Marsden Cancer cookbook, that I checked out from the library one time.

Don't think I've owt else MS to report, so Roger, over and out from me

Greying X

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 11th Jan 18, 7:54 AM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

You'll be pleased to note that I have breakfasted this morning MArm1t3 on toast x 2. Let's hope all those added B vitamins make me invincible.........

I slept through the night again but did wake up with the 'hang over' effect again. I do wish they would call it something else - most unfair when you've not had so much as a sniff of alcohol! But it does feel like you've been on a 'session' so an accurate description I guess.

Got to try to shoe-horn in some more admin today. Wish me luck i want to do it, I need to do it; but having a small about the place makes concentrated efforts....... difficult But I wouldn't be without BG in my life now, so I am most definitely not complaining

We need one or two staples again today, so money will be spent. But we'll just buy what we need.

Tea this evening is going to be Morroccan Stew, which will use up the remaining piece of BNS. The chickpeas are soaking and will be cooked in the PC later. I will grind up some whole spices, to make a mix and then cook it all together with onions, garlic, celery, tinned tomatoes, stock, seasoning etc. I'm aiming to serve with brown rice.

Right, can't think of owt else at the mo, so best vamoose.

Ta for popping by and reading. Appreciated.

Greying X

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 11th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 1,891 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Reading your diary uplifts me , you have such a way with words.

Have a good admin day with BG . It!!!8217;s very frosty here GP but looks beautiful if that makes sense.
    CC1 £3475 May 2018
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 12th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

I might just catch meself up just now. Phew, there's a lot on at the mo.

I did my admin task YAY! That has now been sent off

I'm trying to maintain good exercise levels on a daily basis, and so far, that is working well. But as you will all concur, regardless of what exercise you do, it munches time.......

Tea last night ended up being a serendipitous success. I had banked on making Morroccan stew with brown rice. But whilst idly wafting through a magazine 'aimed at a certain demographic'.......... kindly donated to me by the non-gardening parental; which had been gifted to her by the octogenarian sister of her neighbour......... I spotted a recipe for a BNS 'salad', which looked appealing. Now, whilst I didn't have all the same ingredients and I didn't want to open my bag of Quinoa, whilst I had opened bags of cous cous, bulghar, rice etc, I improvised. And it worked out quite well.

I roasted the remainder of the BNS (bulb/seed end) and made an apple crumble to fill up the oven. I fried up some onion and garlic and then added the cous cous, stock, dried cranberries, 3 remaining dried apricots that had been reproachful every time I opened the cupboard - chopped, cooked chickpeas and parsley. And let that cook/steam. I then diced up the cooked BNS and put it into a bowl to which I had sprinkled some Ras-el-hanout spice and a drizzle of oil and combined them. I had bought (only because I had a voucher) some new dressings from M&$, designed 'specifically' to run through grains. They were a £1 a (small) jar, but were on 3 for 2 and there were 3 varieties; preserved lemon & mint, Beetroot and cumin and mango and chilli. I used some of the preserved lemon dressing on my cous cous, and I have to say it was 'ok'. Not too sure I'd buy the product again, but neither would I rule out buying it IYSWIM.

I then put the cous cous mix in a dish, topped it with the spiced BNS and topped that with a dresssing made from; youghurt, yellow miso and clementine zest and juice. All this was topped off with some chopped almonds.

Delish. There is leftovers (I was over enthusiastic with my cous cous pouring ) But I'm thinking now that instead of pizza and wedges for tea, we'll have 'picky bits' and use up the remaining cous cous and BNS. For one thing, it'll help to disassociate Friday, Pizza and a 'Glass o red' - not that I've actually got to the stage of missing a drink yet. I suppose I think the diversion of the cash to the boiler servicing fund is a better option

The apple crumble was served with custard

I must admit, I took to having a look in M&$ to see what they have in their food offering, and they have gone 'big' into the superfoods/grains/salads lines. And I do find it interesting to see what they have come up with. I'm glad that I had the voucher, and that it gave me the option to 'try' a new product. Also, thinking of 'new' lines - I'm probably late to the party, but in having a wander around mrAl the other day, I see they have taken to stocking things like; spirulina powder, cacao powder etc. Which I didn't know that they did. I think these are now 'stock' items. I did also see organic; coconut flour and coconut sugar - but wasn't too sure if these were 'special' items rather than basic stock? I realise that this is a divergence away from the stock that mrAl used to have, and it won't please all MSE'rs, but anyone who uses these products might find them to be cheaper than other sources. i don't routinely buy them, but I got the inkling they were priced very competitively - forgive me if I'm wrong with that assumption.

Right, best go and seize the day. That's if I can find it, amongst the mist and murk...........

Ta for popping by. Appreciated. Greatly. Always.

Greying X

• rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 12th Jan 18, 9:10 AM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 14,000 Thanks
    rtandon27
    No Friday pizza chez Greying?

... excuse me for a moment while I have a little lie down
    1 YEAR & 7 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Juggling the pots to keep in the black!
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 12th Jan 18, 9:26 AM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 14,007 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Reading your diary uplifts me , you have such a way with words.
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Totally agree! Even though I don't reply as much I read everyday.

Have a lovely day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 12th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 8,201 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Totally agree! Even though I don't reply as much I read everyday.

Have a lovely day x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Same here.
    One of the highlights of my day (or week) is catching up with your diary GP
    I get inspired by your cooking to try new things
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 12th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

rtandon - I'm on UFM!!! I gotta eat a.l.l. the things!

WannabeFree
    and Uncanny Scot - thank you, you are too kind

Well, we've definitely shoe-horned in exercise today. Even with a bit of a concerted effort over the last week, my pace has quickened and I'm finding it easier to walk further and faster - if that makes sense. BG enjoyed a toddle, but they are sometimes so busy seeing what is going on, they forget to put one foot in front of the other...... so it's a little stop/start.........

At least the misty murk burnt off and we were wandering about the place in pleasant sunshine.

HB had the coffee that we buy back in stock, so I picked up a jar, as I was only able to afford a 100g jar of d0uw3 Egb3rts, so naturally it will be used up in half that time. I did ponder about getting the decaf version - as I was given a decaf coffee the other day. It was pleasant enough to drink, but I think I'll probably try to stick to only drinking one cup a day and see where it gets me.

Tea this evening was definitely 'bitsa'. I trundled out the remaining cous cous and roasted BNS, and teamed it with; Pugilese beetroot salad; fennel and orange olives and a carrot and orange salad. We prefer black olives, so they are what I marinated, and I tend to zest my oranges, rather than put strips of zest in with the olives - plus I marinated them for the afternoon, rather than overnight. The carrot and orange salad is from my vintage copy of Vegetarian dishes from the middle east by Arto der Haroutunian, and I'm afraid I can't find a link to it. However, just as when we have it in summer, the carrot and orange combo is wonderfully refreshing. A nice plateful, and all l/o's and storecupboard ingredients utilised. Dunno why, but the 'lightness' of it all was pleasant too. You can't say that pizza and wedges is a 'light' meal........

I have actually remembered to put the mung beans on to soak for tomorrow night's curry. And I have 'paid' the storecupboard for porridge oats and the mung beans, so I'm 'all square'.

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

time to email a friend

for what I have

the seemingly constant sound of giggling.......................

Ta for popping by and joining in. I appreciate you making the time for me.

Greying X

• rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 13th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 14,000 Thanks
    rtandon27
    ...the seemingly constant sound of giggling...
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim

how absolutely lovely - a contented child is the sign of a well loved one!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 14th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 4,262 Posts
    • 47,625 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

Ha ha - Thanks rtandon - we've had giggles and tears here this morn, chez Greying. The tears being when the little one isn't quite getting their own way................. But they know they are loved, nay, adored, so they usually bounce back to smileydom

Well, time is flying again and there is so much to do, and so little time to do it in!

I bought a small chest of drawers yesterday, from the local furniture recycling charity shop. It will be for BG's clothes. It was £45, which I think is quite alot of money, but BG needs clothes storage, and it was by far the best one that I have seen (condition wise) to date. It's not without scratches and dinks, but was originally a 'solid' piece of furniture, rather than flat pack. I don't mind flat pack at all, as long as once it is put together, it is reasonably robust. I saw a set of chest of drawers in a chazzer the other week, that only needed finger pressure on the top to get them to start wobbling from side to side and the shop was asking £75 each item Anyway, DH has done a sterling job of - firstly picking the furniture up from the shop (no mean feat in Greying Town on a Saturday arvo.........) and then hoovering, scrubbing and polishing up the drawers to within an inch of their being

We've a friend visiting this week, so we best have a think about cake

There is the ubiquitous hoovering and tidying to do *sigh*

Tea last night was a curry plate. I made Mugg, which is mung bean curry. I got my original recipe from the 'Eat Hackney' website, which has changed and developed over time. However, the recipe is still there, on THIS link - scroll down, and you'll find the mung bean curry recipe, a cauliflower curry recipe and a version of a raita. I accompanied our mugg with lentil dhal and basmati rice. For such a simple curry, mugg really tastes great.

I rather think we will be glad of our cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas for tea tonight, by the time chores are completed!

As well as purchasing furniture, I did buy some things yesterday - sunflower and pumpkin seeds, clementines, bananas; and DH was charged with getting some frozen things from mrAl. I'm giving their fish fingers (not cod - they are £1 for 10 I think) a try - 15 for £1.29 (I think), and broccoli and (whole) green beans which are both 85p for a 1 kg bag. Those prices, I'm afraid, blow h3r0n right out of the water. If the quality is good enough, I'm afraid I will have to be a convert. Which pains me, because our local H3r0n staff are far more friendly, polite and caring than our local MrAl staff are.......... Still, h3r0n won't lose my business entirely, I will still pop in there regularly, to look for bargains.

Right, apparently I have been made toast! So best vamoose and go scoff it!

Ta for popping by and being so encouraging. It is appreciated. Far more than you know.

Greying X

• Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 14th Jan 18, 9:08 AM
    • 8,178 Posts
    • 40,519 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Mmm, toast and mmm, cake

Love to read what you're having for tea Greying I rarely plan more than a few minutes ahead, in fact often I'm cooking and don't quite know what's going to emerge from the pan at the end of the process I admire your forethought!

Have a jolly Sunday
    Mortgage over payments since Feb 2018 = £558.25
    • rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 14th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 14,000 Thanks
    rtandon27
    tears?!? can't believe that of the virtual god-child - BG is simply perfect in every way!

...Anyway, DH has done a sterling job of - firstly picking the furniture up from the shop (no mean feat in Greying Town on a Saturday arvo.........) and then hoovering, scrubbing and polishing up the drawers to within an inch of their being...

...Right, apparently I have been made toast! So best vamoose and go scoff it...
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim
    : Mr. GP is on a roll this weekend

Must be something in the air - OH took out the rubbish & the recycling, emptied the dishwasher and made me a cup of coffee and a (yellow-stickered) croissant with cheese - all without being asked

He even reminded me that since it's UFM we could do without boxed fish this week & eat stickered chook from the freezer......it's a start - I'd have reccomended diving into the stores & opening a can of chickpeas and a jarred sauce to eat with rice, but don't think he's progressed that far...

...baby steps...
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 14th Jan 18, 2:23 PM
    • 7,366 Posts
    • 55,488 Thanks
    apple muncher
    I like Mr Al's whole green beans. Don't get on with frozen broc myself - never can get it cooked properly...
    018 sell

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

392Posts Today

4,415Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin