Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 4,282Posts
    • 47,824Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes
    • 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes 27th Oct 16 at 9:11 AM
    Hello

I think that the time may be right to start a new diary. So much has changed since I started my 2nd diary, which can be found HERE and we're a whole lifetime away from my first diary, which can be found HERE

Whilst my first 2 diaries concentrated on living a simple life, concentrating on debt-avoidance for my (then) DP and I, we had a 'bit' of a tumultuous 2015, which meant that my DP became my DH and we 'Two' became 3, with the safe arrival of Baby Greying

Our focus has changed dramatically. Far from contemplating 'downsizing' (a bit of a misnomer in terms of our house, honestly, I've been in bigger 'flats'! ) and somehow achieving early retirement; we now have a future focus that needs us to be super fit and active for as long as we can be. Also, as older first time parents, we are both committed to try to be in Baby Greying's life for as long as possible, without being a burden. Because whilst being older does have some distinct advantages when applied to parenting, there is no denying there's a downside too..............

Also, the economic climate is changing once again. Blame it on whatever you like, but there is always some reason why prices of x, y or z rise. There is always a reason why, when you find a way to combat inflation; someone comes along and changes the rules of the game. A good example of this is our wood burner. When we had it installed, we had access to a goodly amount of free wood, we both had the time and energy to process it and we could live with parts of the house being cold. Forward 10 years; more people have stoves - and are all chasing that 'free' wood, 'purchased' logs are now very expensive around here and we've no time to stack nor chop wood. It's become easier, and 'as expensive' to flick the on switch for the central heating....... a cleaner in-house option, that can keep the whole house a manageable temperature and Baby Greying at a safe and comfortable temperature.

Now it does matter if our hair-brained money saving wheezes make our teeth fall out or our toes freeze orf, because it impacts on our ability to look after Baby Greying in the now and in the future. Our health and well-being is a priority - but still not at any price. We want to have it all,;but with only a modest budget available, we're gonna have to get creative. I rarely shop in the 'big 4' supermercados. We purchase some things from mrL, some from mrAl. A smattering from mrW, mrT and m&$ (bananas mostly), with h0me bargins and h3ron f00ds being the sources of our regular shopping. We also have access to a food co-operative and I occasionally get to go to the next city along to get bulk purchases of pulses and spices.

Our focus now (that we've got over the shock of Baby Greying ) is to move on from Greying Towers. The long and short of it boils down to it not being the right environment for us to bring up a child here. There are nicer places. We need to find them. So a move is on the cards. However, some renovation of the towers is necessary, and whilst funding has always been an issue; now we have the added upheaval of trying to do work around a baby. Not impossible, but not ideal. It's also still proving impossible to find reliable tradespeople. We're looking for a plumber, again

The one thing that I've come to recognise with age is that there is always 'good stuff' in every life. Even when you're really going through the mill. There are good people, who say or do good things to help you. There are the wonders of nature to take in at every turn. There is humour everywhere, even if you have to look under a few rocks to find it. It is important to be thankful, even on the dark days. And I try to do that - and find writing it down, in my online diary a good exercise in stopping. And thinking.

We like food at Greying Towers. I write about it alot. I take pictures of me tea. We're vegetarian (at present) and so vegetables feature. Alot. When it's gifted HG produce, it's even better

So, do you fancy climbing aboard for the new adventure. Taking some time out to Fall apart in my backyard with Me, DH and BG?

Greying X
    Last edited by Greying Pilgrim; 29-10-2016 at 8:24 AM.
    'Ich habe genug' 'Your Vibe attracts your Tribe'

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
Page 101
    • rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 4th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 14,018 Thanks
    rtandon27
    Ooh Greying step away from p!nt3rest while you still can! I can lose hours in there!
    Originally posted by starnac

Indeed - losing track of time, forgetting to shower & brush hair - all in the pursuit of the perfect project! - We've all been there GP
    1 YEAR & 7 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Juggling the pots to keep in the black!
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 4th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim

Indeed - losing track of time, forgetting to shower & brush hair - all in the pursuit of the perfect project! - We've all been there GP
    Originally posted by rtandon27

rtandon - you can't, ....you can't...... see through your computer screen.... ininin....to mmmmyy house, or or anything.... can you?

starnac - I stepped away last night, and spent a few hours actually doing something to bust my stash rather than contemplating further never, never projects

EE - thanks everso, your advice, and Silver Queen's was spot on t'money and the building society lass didn't even bat an eyelid in accepting the old coin, just put it in a separate bank bag. Thank you

Well, we've been for a pootle up t'high street and it was GOOD to get out and about in the fresh air and sunshine. Baby Greying's banking is up todate, and everything that everyone kindly gave them (moneywise) for Christmas is safely ensconced in their saving account Plus they are 1 up, due to their dadda not checking his change dilligently (do any of us?).

On an environmental note, m&$ are not apparently supporting the woodland tRu$t this year and will not have boxes for the collection of used Christmas cards, if you were used to recycling yours through this means. However, if you ask a member of staff about it, they will accept your cards - I am assuming that they then add it to their own corporate cardboard/paper recycling mountain. Whether this is a one-off transition, or they've do it next year, I know not. It's a shame though, as it was quite convenient to bag up (in a paper bag) our cards and drop them in the box.

I snagged a waterproof 'coverall' for BG in the chazzer - I'm delighted - it's 4 days too late, but hopefully, if, in future, BG finds the only puddle, for miles around, they will not ruin all their clothes, IF mumma or pappa has remembered to put them in the onesie before leting them loose!

We're not having what I thought of for tea, as I should have got it out of the freezer last night. But I forgot But summat will occur to me We had to spent more on coffee than I would have liked, as I forget that for some bizzare reason, HB don't stock the coffee I buy for about 6 weeks or so at the start of each year. And I hadn't stocked up at the end of last Anyway, it'll encourage me to stick to my 1 cup a day rule!

Right, off to achieve more!

Greying X

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    • Working Mum
    • By Working Mum 4th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    Working Mum
    I enjoy reading your thread Greying Pilgrim.
    We can send the 'picture' side of Xmas cards to:-

Women in Prison
    Elmfield House
    5 Stockwell Mews
    London
    SW9 9GX

Good luck with your debt free journey in 2018!
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 4th Jan 18, 2:03 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Thanks Working Mum - always good to have options

Greying X

• greenbee
    • By greenbee 4th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 12,636 Posts
    • 220,316 Thanks
    greenbee
    I snagged a waterproof 'coverall' for BG in the chazzer - I'm delighted - it's 4 days too late, but hopefully, if, in future, BG finds the only puddle, for miles around, they will not ruin all their clothes, IF mumma or pappa has remembered to put them in the onesie before leting them loose!
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim
    Don't bet on it... they might be LESS wet, but we had these and still remember one day when I could not get EITHER of them out of the puddles. By the time I got them home they were completely soaked where water had gone over their wellies and up their legs... the one still in nappies was wetter outside than in...
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 4th Jan 18, 7:00 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

greenbee - don't dash my hopes I think a waterproof would have helped the other day - BG literally fell flat 'onto' the puddle. But I agree, when jumping etc into puddles occurs, all bets are off

Well, we're at the end of the fourth uber frugal day in January. Not too bad. The theme today was to avoid mindless recurring expenses, be it satellite TV, a takeaway coffee a day, or a glossy mag a month or something. Those little 'bits' of money hither and yon, all add up. I like to think that I have very little 'autopilot' spending. But like with anything, it does good to 'check' or 'review' yourself. And I'm principally doing this challenge to have a mind reset, to avoid complacency and to see if I can 'hone the steel', so I shall be having a mull.

Tea this evening turned into bolognese with pasta. A confirmed favourite in the Greying household BG has spent most of the time trying to 'nick' food off DH's plate - despite having a plateful themselves I made it with brown lentils, as I have plenty and it made a change from lentilles verte. It also makes a more 'substantial' bolognese, which is no bad thing in winter Unbeknownst to BG I also shoved some carrots into the sauce and used a red and a yellow pepper from the YS stash I got before Christmas in mrT. They are still good There is a portion of pasta and a (big) portion of bolognese leftover for another day

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a walk in the fresh air

getting the finances straight and not 'losing' 1 - thank you building society

a nice tea, that we all liked, straight out of the storecupboard

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

• starnac
    • By starnac 4th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 5,262 Posts
    • 24,727 Thanks
    starnac
    *whispers* I also use bolgnese to sneak extra veg onto the family's plates
    Savings 1200
    Overpayments made 200/1208.15
    Make 2018 in 2018 #70 507/2018
    • Pippilongstocking
    • By Pippilongstocking 4th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 15,001 Posts
    • 99,079 Thanks
    Pippilongstocking
    *whispers* I also use bolgnese to sneak extra veg onto the family's plates
    Originally posted by starnac
    I do with DH too, shhhhhhh.....

Sounds like a wee lovely day GP.
    Overdraft 1 1000/0, Overdraft 2 1000/1000 , Cancelled
    Credit Card 1 = 0, Credit Card 2 2710.57/925
    Total Debt as of 6/8/2017 5755.40 eek:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <1925
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 5th Jan 18, 1:16 AM
    • 1,714 Posts
    • 2,316 Thanks
    badmemory
    OMG you poisoned your child with carrots, says she killing herself laughing. Mine had no problem eating carrots, but anything with milk in - no way. I used to make milk based lollies just to get him to consume some. He's now mid 30s & still lives at home but still has no idea how many veg I pump into him, unfortunately carrots fell out of favour eventually!
    • Pippilongstocking
    • By Pippilongstocking 5th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 15,001 Posts
    • 99,079 Thanks
    Pippilongstocking
    morning lovely I saw this recipe on the book of face and followed the link.

Never heard of Bananaskincurry - have you? Whilst I'd not normally post recipes I've never tried I thought I'd give this one a shot of an air - do you know the blog.....?

Have a gud un lovely.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <1925
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 5th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    UGH! we're only just at the start of winter - when is the weather going to either stop raining or blowing a gale, depending on what day it is?????

Frustration city!

We have at least got out of the house and been for a wander to the post box. We daren't go any further, for fear of a good soaking

Pippi I can honestly say that I have never heard of nar-nar skin curry and I've not heard of that blog before. I suspect I shall be unwilling to try it, on account of all the chemicals that are poured onto banana plantations. If I routinely bought organick nar-nars, I would perhaps take a punt. But it's not grabbing me if I'm honest. Frugal fail Soz hun. Hope all well with you and your wee ma

Must snap out of this funk. I was awake in the wee small hours again. I can't keep this up. I'm not on any drugs that would cause insomnia (not on any drugs, actually), I'm sober, only have one coffee and usually little or no tea a day................... The only thing I can think of is regular exercise, and yet I had a good walk yesterday............

arrgh!

Tea tonight will be lasagne and baked tattie. I'm using up what I have, rather than making any more.

And to a certain extent, I am in a grump, and cba'd.

Not that I'm letting my feelings show. Natch

My stash busting project has gone off the rails. i made a rooky error with substituting materials, and I forgot to factor in the big obvious

In fact, can we either skip to Saturday, or start Friday over?

Greying. off to crawl back into my grumpitty pit

• gien
    • By gien 5th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 15,365 Thanks
    gien
    Sorry to just burst in on your thread (I!!!8217;m more a lurker than a poster) but I was just having a little catch up and wanted to comment on your insomnia. I really don!!!8217;t want to be intrusive and I!!!8217;m not sure how old you are but you describe yourself as !!!8216;older first time parents!!!8217; so could it be a symptom of peri- menopause? Loads of women I know who are in their 40s suffer from insomnia and find it is linked to changing hormone levels. We always think of hot flushes being the give away symptom but unexplained insomnia is very common. I started taking tea/supplements with valerian and hops which helped a lot.
    *slinks back to lurkdom*
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Pippilongstocking
    • By Pippilongstocking 5th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 15,001 Posts
    • 99,079 Thanks
    Pippilongstocking
    Nice info there Gien x

GP, I hope Saturday turned up quickly or Friday stopped piddling in your pot me dear.

I dont' fancy it either, so not a frugal fail - just amazed at what folks do with some things.

Enjoy the lasagne! And taw, mither is reading away quite content, has been since early doors, hopefully we get away soon, or take up residency. The tea and coffee is very good.

XOXOX
    Total debt 26/4/18 <1925
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 5th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 10,752 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Thanks gien - useful for me too

GP - my pair had the coveralls and they are generally useful. They still say the best walk ever was round the local reservoir after it had flooded when they got so wet from puddle jumping that they to travel home in their (wet) underwear or I wouldn't let them in the car.
    • rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 5th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 14,018 Thanks
    rtandon27
    ...crawl back into my grumpitty pit
    Originally posted by Greying Pilgrim
    ...make room in the pit Mrs! - I'm coming to join you with my blanket & cuppa herbal...

(in about 50 mins when the d@mn commute is done with!)

...only two days in the office this week & I'm already so grumpy that many chose to avoid me this afternoon & save it for next week...

May have to find some pennies to rub together & purchase a lottery ticket for the next draw This working for a living lark is getting stale!

...grumble, grumble, grumble...
    1 YEAR & 7 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Juggling the pots to keep in the black!
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 5th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

We always think of hot flushes being the give away symptom but unexplained insomnia is very common. I started taking tea/supplements with valerian and hops which helped a lot.
    Originally posted by gien
    Ay up gien - if it helps, I heartily concur. Just wasn't too sure how we could discuss something like this............. But I for one, wish women - and men - would, because it is something that is very real and (can be) very..... onerous? I actually think that the peri time gets overlooked and we're told by 'meedja' about the meno, as though they are separate entities, not occurences on the same continnum. And yet so much can go on at this time, never mind later.........................I had to laugh at myself - I got confused with 'raspberry leaf tea' and valerian I knew it wasn't right, but wondered why it could help both matters Doh! And don't lurk - join in

Pippi - given that we've had a 'p00-nami' occurence here I think I'll stick with Friday, and wave it a grateful 'bye-bye' as I toddle orf to bedfordshire, in, oh, about 2 minutes! I'm glad that you and wee ma are in a caring place, it must make a difference for patients when there is time for them and caring - for them and their supporters.

GP - my pair had the coveralls and they are generally useful. They still say the best walk ever was round the local reservoir after it had flooded when they got so wet from puddle jumping that they to travel home in their (wet) underwear or I wouldn't let them in the car.
    Originally posted by redofromstart
    Thanks redo - I just burst out laughing at your post

...make room in the pit Mrs! - I'm coming to join you with my blanket & cuppa herbal...
    Originally posted by rtandon27
    *budges up for rtandon*

Well, I have to say, I'm grateful that today is all but done. It's not been one of the better ones in my life. However, we're alive, healthy(ish), got a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. I've nowt to complain about.

Tea was baked potato and lasagne. Something green and/or vegetal was supposed to make an appearance on the plate too, but given the explosive nappy happening, it just never. I'm full anyway. It was all store/freezer, and I had more time to spend with BG - who, in hindsight was being a little 'clingy' - but we enjoyed looking at their ladybird books together, on the sofa, with a little blankie on our laps, so I wouldn't have swapped it for the world.

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

a walk, brief, but a walk outside with BG

that tea found its way to the table, and the washing up has been done, despite 'noises off'.....

that UFM can still be participated in, despite 'noises off'.......

Ta for popping in, starting and joining in the conversation. I do think for a moneysaving/frugal/debt avoidance thread, we get to chat about some interesting things. Because as we wise folk know, you can't actually divorce ^ all of the above, from 'real life' which is always, always warts and all.

I'm grateful for you popping by, and for chatting. I do hope we've offended no-one with the focus of our discussions.

Greying X

• Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 5th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 8,181 Posts
    • 40,592 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Love you lovely lot

I have vivid memories of being forced to travel home from Wales in the car in just my knickers cos I'd been in the sea up to my knees in my shell suit I was old enough to be most embarrassed and convinced everyone was looking in at me when we stopped at the traffic lights

Pah to insomnia. I hope you get a good nights sleep soon. I dread the day that happens to me - so far I have been blessed (and it truly is a blessing) with the ability to fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and stay asleep until about 10 mins before the alarm I have the odd restless night of course, but I don't ever take my good sleeping patterns for granted

I often wonder about the menopause. My grandma told everyone proudly that she went painlessly and uneventfully through it at 36, younger than I am now. Quite clearly I'm never having children now so there's part of me that would like to follow her lead! Sadly it looks like I'llbe following my mother with hot flushes into her 50s. Sigh.

Xx
    Mortgage over payments since Feb 2018 = 558.25
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 6th Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 47,173 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    I thought my menopause was very early, at 45. Interesting info. I come from a farming background on both sides, with very physically fit, outdoorsy types. I have always felt that I needed a lot of physical exercise to tire me out and sleep well, and since I became less mobile, I haven't slept as well. I think age and the menopause certainly have a part to play in lighter sleeping patterns.

Hopefully the poonami was a one-off for BG, Greying. Thank goodness for modern convenience, instant hot water to clean children and clothing when these things happen.
    I was wondering if Baby Greying was due for an upgrade to Toddler Greying or Child Greying, Greying?

About forty years ago, I can remember being amused by a small boy shouting at his parents in a supermarket, "Will you stop calling me 'the baby'? I'm FIVE!"
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 6th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    • 611 Posts
    • 2,781 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    I thought I would pop in from lurkdom to add my tenpennorth on the unmentionable subject of menopause. I was recently at a meeting where the great and the good were discussing the disparity in the number of woman reaching senior roles within our organisation. I wanted to screech !!!8220; it!!!8217;s obvious you fools ! !!!8220; it is because by the time woman have managed to scrabble their way up the greasy pole, they are just about hitting the menopause. How on earth can they compete with younger men in an asssessment and recruitment process on 4 hours of sleep, when they can barely remember their own name!!!8221; Speaking on behalf a friend donchaknow... Seriously I do think we should acknowledge this happens and for some woman it can have a serious impact on their lives. We need to talk about it more.
    Rant over and I will slink back off again to try and remember what I did yesterday ..
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 47,824 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    I was wondering if Baby Greying was due for an upgrade to Toddler Greying or Child Greying, Greying?
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - they are still my ickle baby...........................

About forty years ago, I can remember being amused by a small boy shouting at his parents in a supermarket, "Will you stop calling me 'the baby'? I'm FIVE!"
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    But I did find that HILARIOUS - maybe food for thought mcculloch

... Seriously I do think we should acknowledge this happens and for some woman it can have a serious impact on their lives. We need to talk about it more.
    Rant over and I will slink back off again to try and remember what I did yesterday ..
    Originally posted by Busy Mee1
    I actually don't see what you've written as a rant - I firmly believe we need to be open and discussing this issue - although if any mods are reading, I do realise this is a debt-avoidance diary......... But honestly, there are many issues that we still, as grown women and men won't discuss. Talking about 'impact on lives', reminded me of a situation nearly 20 years ago. I never realised (having not been pregnant and not having much experience of friends who were pregnant) that miscarriage, at what ever stage of pregnacy (stillbirth after 24 weeks), was so prevalent, and many women had, unfortunately experienced it. How did I 'find out?' - not mercifully, through personal experience; but I had an allotment. And (predominantly the wives of fellow plot holders, I was on a very archaic site.......), grey haired women all in their 60's and 70's would stop and chat with me. Without fail, and usually not due to what the conversation had been about previously, they would tell me all about the babies that they had lost, why there were age gaps in their families - I think nearly 20 years was the biggest - and their grief at their loss. And there was much, 'but you just got on with it then'. If that was the lasses speaking 40 years on, what about the fellas emotions? Despite the internet, despite more free 'knowledge' than ever before, I wonder if we talk about things, respectfully, thoughfully, carefully as much as we actually should? Tis a rare human who can truthfully say that, 'I must be the only one feeling this way or going through this'.

I don't think peri-M gets discussed enough. I think that only 2 aspects of Meno are actually frequently highlighted - hot flushes and Aunt Flo finally packing her suitcase and boogering off. Oh and the 'to not or not to not' with the whole replacement therapy debate........ Having experienced and understood the power of hormones during pregnancy/labour - and remember, I had a good, easy pregnancy - I think that hormones are capable of anything from skipping gently through your veins, or wreaking havoc in a life. The key to it all is understanding this, seeking information and choosing whatever amelioration path works best for you in your given circumstances. There are many more symptoms than are routinely highlighted/talked about in the press. Busy Mee1 - please remember to find your way back to this thread and continue to join in the conversation

Cross fingers, no p00-namis today....... yet.........

I did sleep through the entire night And although I felt rough when I awoke, as the day has gone on, I have felt better.

I had to laugh at myself, as I bought socks with some Christmas money Still, I desperately needed some - mine were wholly holey And because I had cash, I could buy what I wanted, which are socks at least meant for walking, rather than 'fashion' or thin socks that wouldn't last 5 mins with the amount of pottering about back & forth that I do. I now have 8 pairs of sock - go me And not one pair is pink!!!!!!!

DH wanted a 'snack' whilst we were out and about, and we plumped to go to the 'greasy spoon'........ which has undergone 'gentrification'..... *sigh*. Where once you could bank on a chip butty on thick sliced white or a plate of chips - which was chips served on a plate..... You now get a 'chip bap' (increased price, but fewer chips as a bap has a smaller surface area..............) and chips are served in a chi-chi 'bowl' on top of a napkin (filling up the bottom of the bowl, so's you get less chips.......... ). Ah well, we were pondering and it's been at least 6 months since we were there last, and DH paid for it out of his 'personal spends' money as a treat, so I didn't think it impacted on UFM too harshly. The irony was that I had chosen the plate of chips to be better able to share a couple with BG, but they eschewed my offering, in preference to pestering papa for bits of bap and 'shippies'....

Right, I'm away to rustle up some curry action for us tea. Ta for popping in (which I just mistyped as poppin gin............. ) and chatting. I appreciate it, and I hope that we can continue to discuss matters that impact on our ability to lead our lives, and battle debt-busting or saving, or caring responsibilities or work/life balance etc etc.

Greying X

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter