IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Admin Fee by car hire compnay for a Invalid Parking Ticket

Hello
I have received a Parking Fine for a car I was using via Circle Leasing car hire. It's a parking charge notice issued by Parking Eye. (camera operated system at the local hospital). The T & C of the car hire company say they will pass on an admin fee of £30 for any parking fines, including those on private land.
The fine is for not paying any parking at a local hospital and driving out the car park without paying. However I have a disabled blue badge and correctly registered the car's number plate that day with my blue badge onto the hospital system via their reception staff -that's the rule at the hospital. I also parked in a blue badge space with my blue badge displayed properly on the dashboard.
The hospital have acknowldeged they are at fault and have agreed to cancel the fine.
However, Circle Leasing have already charged me £30 admin fee onto my debit card for passing on the parking fine to me. How do I go about getting this cancelled please? In my opinion it's an admin fee for an invalid parking fine that has been straight away cancelled by the issuer as soon as I wrote to them today.
But I would appreciate knowing what to write in the email in order to get the car hire company to cancel this admin fee and refund me.
Many thanks
Nic

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've got to go out in a sec, but you need to be aware of some very important things you must do when delaing with hire companys and private parking charges/tickets/scams

Never, ever, ever, ever, refer to these charges as fines, or penalties etc when talking to or dealing with a hire company the are not fines, they are not penalties. Most hire company's have a clause about paying fines, and penalties from real authorities and often get PPC charges confused with real fines, as you yourself appear to have done.

By paying the PPC and charging you, as well as levying n 'admin' charge they are most likely to be going against their own Terms and conditions.
    if you have a copy of the Ts&Cs post it up here, or provide a link to it

and again
    Never, ever, ever, ever, refer to these charges as fines, or penalties etc when talking to or dealing with a hire company
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I look at it this way , PE have admitted a fault with their system , that resulted in a ticket being issued and resulting in you having to pay a £30 admin charge ,

as they have admitted it , they should put you back in a position you were in , before they WRONGLY applied to the DVLA for the VRN owners details

unless its the hospital that were at fault , in which case forward the £30 invoice to them .

you may also like to contact the BVRLA and ask them to intervene ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,150
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It is not a fine, and I doubt the hire company's hire terms and conditions mention private parking charge notices. So, they should not have charged you for passing on your details.
    At lease they didn't pay the PCN on your behalf.
    I think you should write to the hire company telling them the PCN was issued in error and has subsequently been cancelled, and you would like your money back.
    You could contact your bank and put the charge into dispute as well whilst things are being sorted out.
    As already mentioned, you should complain to whoever made the mistake in the first place, whether it be parking lie or the hospital, and tell them their error has cost you money, so you would like it back.
    Of course, if you get your money back more than once you should then return it to whoever was least culpable.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Some lease firms will refund the admin fee when a lessee/hirer shows them that the PCN was cancelled. So try that first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure