Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cem2016
    • By Cem2016 17th Oct 16, 11:54 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Cem2016
    Lloyds have frozen my account
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:54 AM
    Lloyds have frozen my account 17th Oct 16 at 11:54 AM
    Last Wednesday I went o pay for my lunch and my card was declined. I knew I had funds in my account as I'd transferred some money from my ISA that morning.
    I then walked over to the bank and the cash point took my card. I went into the bank and they did not have any idea why it had happened and asked me to leave it with them.......
    So here I am 5 days later with no answers and no bank account!!
    I've rung them every day and all I am being told is that there is a "processing delay" with my account.
    I have asked each person I have spoken to what actually is a processing delay and they haven't got a clue.
    It's being dealt with by and internal department but they won't tell me who the internal department is.
    Had any one ever had this or could any one shed any light on what could be happening?

I am actually on maternity leave and have been using my savings to live off of if that could make any impact at all?
Page 5
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 1st Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 385 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    18cc
    How big is your list so far
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 1st Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 3,489 Posts
    • 1,821 Thanks
    MABLE
    Looyds most certainly WOULD suspend your account without a very good reason. Mine was suspended like this:

1. had a 3 yr bond maturing (about £35 k I think) - proceeds paid into my 'main - used for 25 years' Lloyds current account.

2. opened a new account with Shawbrook (good 1 yr rate), xfer £5 from Lloyds (new payee, obviously), arrived safely so knew had correct account details etc

3. then tried £10k (leaving £25k to do) - blocked

4. as instructed, called fraud dept - answered their questions correctly - sorry, not passed security have to go into branch with passport etc etc. Internet banking suspended. In fact, all accounts suspended.

5. once in branch, had to talk to fraud dept from there, and then listen to a 5 min recorded message about not sending money to people who email you, call you out of the blue etc etc.

6. that's 2 hrs of my time I will never get back.

7. got home, had a look around, switched to NWide.
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Come on this is a pre April fools joke. Nice one!

However the one on the day was just as brilliant regarding the £1500. Keep them coming,
    Last edited by MABLE; 01-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 2nd Apr 18, 2:32 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    OceanSound
    Come on this is a pre April fools joke. Nice one!
    Originally posted by MABLE
    HARdly!. It was posted on 31 March.
    To count as an April fool's joke it must be posted on the day.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 2nd Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 3,489 Posts
    • 1,821 Thanks
    MABLE
    HARdly!. It was posted on 31 March.
    To count as an April fool's joke it must be posted on the day.
    Originally posted by OceanSound
    And that is why I said pre doh
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 2nd Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    18cc
    No it was true.
    • Nekka
    • By Nekka 8th Apr 18, 5:33 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Nekka
    Just an update..
    My account has now been opened! No one had explained to me why all the headache for the past 2weeks! Just wanted to say thank you for all your advise and help.. feel so happy to have my money back and be able to live again.. thank you
    Really strange!!!! 2 weeks
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 8th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    OceanSound
    And that is why I said pre doh
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Here's some POST april fool's jokes (not really!, post means post online):
    https://www.boredpanda.com/april-fools-jokes/
    • Fan Of 2018
    • By Fan Of 2018 8th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Fan Of 2018
    This is why Lloyds comes in a joint bottom in the Which? survey of customer satisfaction with banks...
    • Tashakay
    • By Tashakay 22nd Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashakay
    Hello everyone I hope someone can help me here. My uncle sent money to my lloyds account and when I got to the bank the next day my account has been blocked. Itís been a month and two weeks they keep telling me they are investigating my account. The transfer was an international wire and they have refused to unblock my account telling me they are on investigation and until that is done they wonít remove blocks. I am curious if this has happened to someone before and how long it takes them to investigate if they thinks itís fraud. I am really running out of patient because payment are not being accepted into the account and I canít make any withdrawal itís all so frustrating
    • Tashakay
    • By Tashakay 22nd Apr 18, 12:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashakay
    Lloyds blocked my account for six weeks am
    Hello everyone I hope someone can help me here. My uncle sent money to my lloyds account and when I got to the bank the next day my account has been blocked. Itís been a month and two weeks they keep telling me they are investigating my account. The transfer was an international wire and they have refused to unblock my account telling me they are on investigation and until that is done they wonít remove blocks. I am curious if this has happened to someone before and how long it takes them to investigate if they thinks itís fraud. I am really running out of patient because payment are not being accepted into the account and I canít make any withdrawal itís all so frustrating
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 22nd Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 24,655 Posts
    • 11,887 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Originally posted by Tashakay
    How long has your account been open?
    Is this the first time he has sent you money?
    How much did he send?
    Which country did he send it from?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Tashakay
    • By Tashakay 23rd Apr 18, 2:33 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashakay
    How long has your account been open?
    Is this the first time he has sent you money?
    How much did he send?
    Which country did he send it from?
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    Its been 12years. And yes this is the first time he sent me money he sent it from US...i am wondering how long this would take as i called their complain snd the lady there saud until after investigation. I forgot to mention they sent me a letter that investigation is completed snd when i got to the bank they said they are still on investigation. I am really tired of all this
    • Tashakay
    • By Tashakay 23rd Apr 18, 11:59 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashakay
    Please does anyone have a reasonable answer for me? I am loosing my mind
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 23rd Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    • 6,838 Posts
    • 7,089 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I forgot to mention they sent me a letter that investigation is completed snd when i got to the bank they said they are still on investigation.
    Originally posted by Tashakay
    If their letter confirming completion of the investigation also stated that you should now be able to access the funds in the account but they're still refusing to release funds then file a formal complaint via https://www.lloydsbank.com/contact-us/how-to-complain.asp

Nobody on here is going to be able to tell you how long it'll take, it's only Lloyds that'll be able to advise, although if you're not getting anywhere after raising a complaint then you can escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service - they'll typically expect the bank's own complaints process to have been fully exhausted first, which can take up to eight weeks, but where the issue is the delay then it's reasonable to ask the FOS to intervene.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    • Tashakay
    • By Tashakay 23rd Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tashakay
    It didnít state I can now access fund it just said investigations complete. And when I went there last week they said they need to futher investigate the bank the wire came from and that it would take two weeks to do that. I am running out of patient with this bank as I donít get why they would send me a letter saying investigation completed and still futher investigate while holding all my life savings
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,821Users online

Martin's Twitter