Installation of Pyronix Enforcer Alarm System (Domestic Install)

Found a local, well recommended supplier for the installation of Pyronix Enforcer Grade 2 Wireless Alarm System.

From others who have had similar systems fitted, does this seem lie a fair quote?

x6 PIR's
x3 Magnetic Door Contacts
x1 Shock Sensor

x1 Control Panel
x1 Lan Connector
x1 Remote Keypad
x2 Proximity Fobs
x1 Active Siren
x1 Dummy Siren

This was based on my spec, going no holds bar covering house for the creation of 4 zones that can be isolated independently.

LAN Connection connections system to internet and the Pyronix Cloud for secure app access via smartphone to monitor, check settings / status and arm / disarm remotely.

£700 + VAT supply and fit - including decommission of existing very old wired alarm system.

(£840 all in).

Annual Maintenance costs - £125+VAT (£150) which includes:

Subscription to Pyronix Cloud system
Servicing of System including Replacement of all batteries annually
24hr Call out including Parts + Labour

I'm aware i can buy cheaper systems and fit them myself - i started this exercise looking at Yale systems! However, i want a top end domestic system, professionally installed and the Pyronix seems to be a system of choice at the moment. I also want it maintained, so if wifey has issues when i'm not about, she can make a call to the experts.

Thanks in advance troops :-)

Comments

• krey
    krey Posts: 132 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 12:37PM
    If you got a money to waste ,sure it's a ''good'' quote ;) + £150 each year to replace batteries is even better deal!
    Go for it!
    did you fall for it because of the ''fancy'' words which doesn't actually means anything?

''LAN Connection connections system to internet and the Pyronix Cloud for secure app access via smartphone to monitor, check settings / status and arm / disarm remotely.''

this means, that it's connected wirelessly through a laggy app which they paid £100 to some Indian guy to develop with 3 functions.
  • Thanks for the useful reply.
  • krey
    krey Posts: 132 Forumite
    So you wanted to hear total BS about how it is a decent system,and the price isn't too bad either? ;)
    Because neither is true..
  • I did research Wireless Alarms before coming here - and the Pyronix Enforcer always seems to get a good review as a Grade II alarm with 833Mhz Two Way Wireless. Well respected amongst pro installers. Better write up than the Yale stuff for example.

If's not a decent Wireless system, what is then?

I'm not sure about the price, hence why i came to "Is this quote fair?"

The base system + communicator is £439 if i was buying it myself. Add around another £140 for extra PIRs and an extra £100 for extra contact and shock sensors and we're at £679. Plus cost of extra keypad which i can't find price for would take me to say £700. That leaves £140 for installation and configuration and decommission of old system. Which i'm wondering is fair?
  • Good price.its a good 5hr job.when you add the price of the kit and paying someone for 24hr cover.your home insurance will be cheaper meaning the service cost will be halved if not free.
  • Hey, was just wondering who you got to do the install for you? This quotation seems pretty competitive, based on what I've found elsewhere.

Thanks

Ollie
  • It’s lovely that you feel able give us the benefit of your wisdom, but with so little firm information as to why you deride the product I can’t help but wonder if you actually have any experience of it at all. Have you used it?
  • Pyronix is a good wireless brand, Visonic is also good. Price is fair and annual charge is worth it unless you are a keen techie who likes trouble shooting! Bear in mind nothing is likely to fail in first 6-7 years, but battery changes and 24 hour callout (FOC) when you have config or random alarm issues is worth the peace of mind.
  • There are lots of options out there for alarm systems all having there own selling points.

Pretty much every manufacturer has a cloud based App now.

Wireless Texecom Ricochet, Risco and there wireless cameras.

Pyronix latest wireless now has a frequency jam hop so that it becomes harder to radio jam the system.

The biggest downside is paying for the cloud subscription for the App, but given the noises being made in the industry I suspect we will see a few more adopt some sort of charging for access to certain functions.

Cheapest I have seen the pyronix cloud subscription is £24 per annum at forums.secureiam.co.uk/post/pyronix-cloud-services-9914654 and with no annual servicing contract to takeout could be an option for some that are happy to maintain there own systems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure