Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joonby
    • By joonby 28th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    joonby
    P4 Parking Fine in Scotland
    • 28th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    P4 Parking Fine in Scotland 28th Sep 16 at 6:18 PM
    Hi,

I have read the newbies thread, and have a question.

I have a permit for parking outside my flat, but I did not have it displayed in my car. I received a parking ticket from P4 Parking and appealed it. They denied the appeal as it should have been on display, but I complained some more and they stopped replying.

I then received another parking ticket in the same car park outside my flat, because I didn't have my permit on display again. This time, I didn't bother appealing the ticket.

I am now receiving letters from TNC Debt Collectors. Having read the Newbies thread, it would seem that in Scotland I'm safe to just ignore all these letters. But it refers specifically to 'fake PCNs' and I just wanted to make sure that it's safe to keep ignoring them.

Thanks.
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Apr 18, 12:15 PM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This p4 parking lot with Tnc seem a lot more aggressive than any letters we got from parkingeye.
    Originally posted by Jsd83
    From my experience, p4 seems to be more organised, or at least their auto mail system works better.
    Originally posted by Jsd83
    You seem to know an awful lot about P4Parking. What is your 'experience' of them on which you derive your knowledge and proffer your advice?

None of it, I would say, correlates to any of our (considerable) experience.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Never seen a claim from P4Parking in Scotland, AFAIK.

But Jsd83 this is joonby's thread, not yours, unless you are the same person as joonby from 2016?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Jsd83
    • By Jsd83 9th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jsd83
    I have no knowledge or experience other than the letters over the past 6-10 weeks while ignoring p4 and tnc. I was not trying to usurp or derail the thread. I am grateful for the help I've found here.

I only shared my situation as it seems I am in exactly the same position as someone else who has posted. Albeit a few weeks behind.

Referring to their auto mailer working well was me joking as it gives the illusion they are more aggressive than parkingeye, as parkingeye's letters were months apart, this was years ago though so they might be sharper now.

I didn't know the thread belonged to joonby. I just wanted to know what the next letter I can expect is? I will not post again until I receive the next letter.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, then start a new thread of your own, making it clear if you are in Scotland, or not.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,991Posts Today

6,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin