ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Comments

• I had a bit of a wobble earlier. We are so close to the 20s, but it's still such a big number....

Ehmmm, excuse me, now correct me, if I'm wrong :p but didn't I see a quote from you stating you were nearly at the 30's and that was just before Christmas, 8-10 weeks have passed and you are now talking about the 20's:T

Your doing brilliantly :A so don't have any more wobblers :naughty: (love that icon, should have been a teacher :rotfl:) You are grabbing every opportunity and using it to your advantage. Just when you think the ideas/items have ran dry, you seek them here, you seek them there. Well done:T
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • ^ echoing AFK

You make me feel lazy/complacent because every day you find some new way to scrounge an OP together. I look around our house and idly go "hm, might be able to sell x", and "we should really get rid of y" and then it sits around for another 6+ months. :p
  • Morning AFK and hiddenshadow :) what lovely posts to read first thing, thank you for taking the time to pop in. The support on this forum is an extraordinary thing, and makes this journey infinitely more fun. I'm making you all a virtual :coffee: now as a thank you xx

Well Storm Doris is here! The rain is battering down - I do need to go out, as we are visiting a friend for lunch, but will take it extra steady on the roads.

Onto money stuff:

- NSD ahead
    - £6 offer accepted for an eBay item overnight, will OP once paid.
    - one more item to list, will sort that this morning

Easy dinner of leftovers :T

Have great MF days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Morning all :)

No money news to report, nothing earnt but nothing spent either. It's the last day of half term here, back to normality next week. It's also nearly dividend time for DH, there won't be one in March so I'm hoping February's will be a good one. Need to sit down and go over his accounts at the weekend to work this out.

Have good days all, hope you get some spring sun x
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • Today in a nutshell -

:T £40 eBay sale
    :T NSD
    :T it was SUNNY

Dog tired now. Got a lot of paid stuff for DH to do tomorrow, and need to do the March meal plan x

OP made of £65. Ziffit money has been sent so will OP that £10 when it arrives. Need to put some fuel in the car today, and taking kiddies to soft play - it's wet and wild out there, so going to the park isn't an option today.

Chicken stir fry for dinner, and I must get at least one item on ebay - half term means much less time to focus on the MF journey, and much more time spent wiping bottoms and noses! Back to it next week ;)

Have marvellous days all xx
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    You are doing so well ... the 10s will be here soon!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2017 at 11:18PM
    Thanks Watty. Just checked the figures to give myself a boost and we have OPd £1000 in the past three weeks, not too shabby at all.

Dividend money from DH, some overdue money for consultancy work (lady I'm doing it for is on hols, and will pay when she gets back) and normal monthly payment will see us into the 20s w/c 6th March.

The next milestone will be to be in the teens by the end of June. I am already gearing myself up for ploughing through the 20s - the 30s have felt tiresome, but I suspect the 20s will be worse. Good job we love a challenge and I'll no doubt make a plan :D

6 items on fleabay now, fingers crossed for some sales over the next couple of days. G'night all x

Edited to add: an item just sold for £10 :)
  • Morning all,

Another sale overnight of £10 :)
    NSD day ahead :)
    Will list one more thing on fleabay today :)

Time I got a wiggle on. Have marvellous days all x

Kiddies are still at home today, teacher training day, and DD has a friend coming to play. I have a few errands to run so they will all have to traipse along with me! Plan for today:

- send a click and collect return back
    - post office for eBay items
    - make a chilli for dinner
    - take library book back and open DD a library card account
    - order DH a new phone case
    - trip to chemist for a few bits

So nothing particularly MF but not spending unnecessarily either. Have marvellous days all x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure