Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fazzafarrell
    • By fazzafarrell 19th Sep 16, 1:54 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    fazzafarrell
    G24 and Debt Recovery plus fines
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:54 PM
    G24 and Debt Recovery plus fines 19th Sep 16 at 1:54 PM
    Hi guys I'm new and in need of help!

Parked in a shopping plaza in Coventry called central six. has one of those parking eyes that clock your time in and out.
    It's a 180 min parking limit and I was 20 mins over due to my daughter having an accident and got caught by those parking eyes leaving.

I ignored the letters first of all as it's what iv always done but when I got the second and final warning I wrote a letter explaining that I was over my time due to my daughter accident and having to get new clothes.

I received no reply until back in August where I get a letter from debt recovery plus saying I need to pay them 130 or they'll pursue it further, then another letter a week later threatening court action!

Iv read on here that have no power and to ignore them etc but just concerned.
    I called up g24 and asked about my appeal but they never received it and after I said can I appeal again and she said its up to DRP now.
    Anyone had dealings like this before?

Thank you much love.
Page 1
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 19th Sep 16, 2:45 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 900 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:45 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 2:45 PM
    The advice isn't - and since 2012 *HASN'T BEEN* - to ignore these letters. The first notice you receive needs to be appealed.

Do you have proof of postage of your first letter? Or a screenshot of an electronic appeal?

I recall reading somewhere on here that one of the more-knowledgeable members pointed out an EU-law/regulation requiring ADR to be available for at least a year. Plus, if you've evidence of postage then G24 look very bad if they claim they didn't receive it.

Secondly, I'm willing to bet G24 clocked you when you *FIRST ENTERED* the car park on ANPR, not when you actually pulled into a space. They are generally required (by the CoP I think) to allow a 'grace period' before and after parking to allow you time o find a space / decide if you want to be bound by their cockamaney T&Cs etc., and also when you leave the car park. The recommended time is at least 10 mins, so 2 x 10 mins. = 20 mins = no breach of terms.

Thirdly, they are required to make "reasonable adjustments" to the period to allow for things like having a child that needs feeding (for babies up to about 6 months or so I think), and for disabled people. While your daughter having an "accident" requiring new clothes isn't strictly covered, I'm willing to be the retail park owners won't be happy if you expose the fact that you're being extorted in the circumstances.

Find the address of the landowners and get them complained to.

Someone else I'm sure will be able to give you advice on if / how to get G24 to reconsider allowing an appeal.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 16, 3:27 PM
    • 7,556 Posts
    • 10,060 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:27 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:27 PM
    Hi guys I'm new and in need of help!

Parked in a shopping plaza in Coventry called central six. has one of those parking eyes that clock your time in and out.
    It's a 180 min parking limit and I was 20 mins over due to my daughter having an accident and got caught by those parking eyes leaving.

I ignored the letters first of all as it's what iv always done but when I got the second and final warning I wrote a letter explaining that I was over my time due to my daughter accident and having to get new clothes.

I received no reply until back in August where I get a letter from debt recovery plus saying I need to pay them 130 or they'll pursue it further, then another letter a week later threatening court action!

Iv read on here that have no power and to ignore them etc but just concerned.
    I called up g24 and asked about my appeal but they never received it and after I said can I appeal again and she said its up to DRP now.
    Anyone had dealings like this before?

Thank you much love.
    Originally posted by fazzafarrell
    Well, the one thing is for certain that you don't want the crazzies at DRP disturbing your life. ..... SIMPLY IGNORE DRP. If they want to waste their time, which they do every day, that is their problem.

So, it's now up to DRP they say.
    It certainly is as all DRP can do is revert back to G24 SAYING "SORRY G24 PEOPLE WE FAILED AGAIN"

Onto more serious stuff, assume you were shopping within those 2 hrs so you need to bitterly complain to the retailer stating what happened *receipts if you have them*
    Tell them you are now being harassed by a debt collector and do they want their customers harassed. Demand they cancel the ticket

You could also tell your local newspaper, they enjoy stories about companies trying to extort money.

Don't bother contacting G24 again, if they send court papers then come back here. A really great story to tell a judge
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 16, 3:57 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:57 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:57 PM
    Here's where it was covered the other day:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5526098

HTH
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fazzafarrell
    • By fazzafarrell 19th Sep 16, 7:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fazzafarrell
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:18 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:18 PM
    I contacted g24 and they were useless, said I should contact DRP which of course I won't.

Managed to get hold of the site manager at the shopping center and the lovely chap just said send him the appeal and he'll discuss it and review it in full
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    • 7,556 Posts
    • 10,060 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    I contacted g24 and they were useless, said I should contact DRP which of course I won't.

Managed to get hold of the site manager at the shopping center and the lovely chap just said send him the appeal and he'll discuss it and review it in full
    G24 are useless JUST MONEY GRABBERS
    DRP are even more USELESS >>>> Never to contact

The site manager is only nice if he gets it cancelled

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • fazzafarrell
    • By fazzafarrell 19th Sep 16, 8:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fazzafarrell
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:09 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:09 PM
    There has been numerous issues with the parking camera in the shopping centre as it clocks you a good 10-15 meters before the car park spaces, many people who get stuck in the queue to leave have been charged aswell even though they were out of the space a long time prior

Just a nightmare as my partner is scared of debt collectors and bailiffs and gets all panicky when a letter from DRP arrives
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 16, 8:10 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:10 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:10 PM
    But DRP letters are not bailiffs knocking on the door. Ever. No-one sends the boys round.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• fazzafarrell
    • By fazzafarrell 19th Sep 16, 8:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fazzafarrell
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:34 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:34 PM
    So best plan of action is ignore DRP and anything they send?

And try to appeal to the land owner in the mean time.
    What happens if it all goes wrong and he says the fine stands? Pay then or wait till g24 contact me
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 7,556 Posts
    • 10,060 Thanks
    beamerguy
    There has been numerous issues with the parking camera in the shopping centre as it clocks you a good 10-15 meters before the car park spaces, many people who get stuck in the queue to leave have been charged aswell even though they were out of the space a long time prior

Just a nightmare as my partner is scared of debt collectors and bailiffs and gets all panicky when a letter from DRP arrives
    Then you need to be talking to your local newspaper about this, you will be doing a great favour to everyone who goes in that car park.

Your partner, whatever he is worried about, it's not to be DRP.

DRP are timewasting junkies to be treated as such

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So best plan of action is ignore DRP and anything they send?

And try to appeal to the land owner in the mean time.
    What happens if it all goes wrong and he says the fine stands? Pay then or wait till g24 contact me
    It is not a 'fine' and no-one here EVER pays G24!

• fazzafarrell
    • By fazzafarrell 19th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fazzafarrell
    Ok, been reading up on it all week over here but the circumstances are always different so trying to apply it to my issue is hard but thank you all for clearing it up
    • By 1886 7th Dec 16, 9:12 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    I overstayed at Central Six two years ago by eleven minutes and got an invoice from G24 for 70.

I sent them a template I found on this site and they cancelled it. I'm now here again as a lad at work has just overstayed too. I said I would try and help him out..
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Dec 16, 11:08 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Same as above then, one challenge then ignore them. But you can get it cancelled by the retailer Store Manager.

• bigbadbaz123
    • By bigbadbaz123 11th Mar 18, 9:58 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    bigbadbaz123
    Hi, my wife overstayed at Central 6 in Coventry in June 2017 and has ignored all the letters. She now has a letter from Gladstones telling her to contact DRP to pay 130 within 14 days, and they go to threaten her with a County Court Judgement.

I've been reading the forum for 2 hours now, I'm sorry I'm still unsure what the Gladstones letter actually implies and what action we should take. My wife is prepared to pay the 130 to avoid court. Is it too late to write to Central 6, she was only 18 mins over the allowed 3 hours and spent over 100 at TK Max and Outfit on a card, so we have the dated card statement.

It all seems unfair to me, although I've read enough to know she should have taken action earlier.

Any advice gratefully received please. Thank you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 10:03 PM
    • 7,713 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    KeithP
    Bigbadbaz123, posting on this dormant thread will not get you the help you are looking for.

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, where in the fourth post you will find comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collector's letters.

If you still have questions, then please start your own thread.

Please, no further response on this thread. Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter