Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• And :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: to your language lapse.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    OMG me too :D

Enjoy your trip SSG, lucky DD to have such a generous mum :)

I’m an extremely lucky mum to have a DD like her Hairy. She’s such a lovely thoughtful girl and a wonderful daughter.

Home now from our excellent adventure! We got back early yesterday evening. I’ve €103 left in cash to keep for another trip and spent €82 on my card so will add that to YNAB when amount appears on my online statement. I also paid £105 with tip for the car home from the airport so down to £65.82 in the Holiday budget.

When we got in DD went out again and bought a takeaway from our fave Turkish restaurant. I downloaded a film (£5.49) from Sky - “Miss Sloane” with Jessica Chastain - highly recommended!

DD went home this morning but I had an extra day’s holiday!:j

Looking over Late September and October:

Scrimpy Negatives:
    - large tooth bill paid! ‘Nuff said. :(

Scrimpy Positives:
    - lost Fitbit replaced for free!:j

Also lots of other positives such as away breaks, food out with friends and concerts! So enjoyable month all round!

With regard to November, I’ve my yearly Christmas Show this week so hopefully will be finding suitable Xmas pressies. Apart from that nothing special in the diary until next payday on 25th November. Which will be good for my bank balance!:)

Anyway, easy Scrimpy eat-from-freezer dinner tonight - fish fingers, sweet potato wedges and peas!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Had a really busy day at work yesterday. Worked late for a deadline as I had today off. Anyway ended up a NSD!:j

Today definitely wasn’t a NSD as I had my yearly jaunt with friends to the Xmas show which launches my countdown to the festive season! As usual a merry shopping/eating/drinking plenty of fizz time was had by all!

Christmas presents bought: silk eye mask and lovely lavender bags for friends, nuclear heat proof silicone oven gloves for DD ( she does a lot of high heat cooking!. Also bought a soft bunny comforter for friend’s baby’s first birthday and some Spanish jamon for DD and OH for when I visit next month and which has gone into the freezer. All these have been paid for from Xmas and Gifts budgets.

So for me: I bought some lovely costume earrings from my fave jewellery stall, Brie and Smoked Cheddar cheeses, fudge, plus spends on drinks and eats, Taxi home from Station and top up on my Oyster card!:eek:

I am now £28.88 overdrawn on this week’s spends which actually started today!:eek: I’m going to have to really pull in my horns now till pay day and make it up. Lucky I’ve no spendy non-budgeted events in the diary so a very, very Scrimpy next three weeks is in order!:(

One other thing- those of you who have followed my diary may recall that this time last year I spent November giving my flat a good going over each day in readiness for putting up the Xmas deccies at the beginning of December.

I had downloaded a book called “30 Days to a Clean and Organised House” by Katie Berry and followed her daily instructions. It worked really well and everything was slick and span ready for the deccies at the end of the month.

So I have decided to repeat the process but I won’t bore you all with my detailed daily reports like I did before.

Off to catch up with other diaries now!

SSG x
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi Seaside

Glad you had a lovely holiday:). I love all the Xmas prep, this year my office overlooks a Xmas market so I’m beyond excited for when it will open :)
  • Oooooh I love a Christmas market Munchin! How lucky are you to have one just outside your work!:j
    🌟
  • Wow sounds like you had a great if spendy time at the Christmas show :)

Your Christmas preparations sound fascinating SSG, I can't wait :j
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Thanks Hairy. We always have a good time at the Xmas show. I actually didn’t spend as much this year as I have done in the past so must be getting better MSE wise!

Today’s budgeted spends was £5.50 in Clinton’s on birthday cards and a sympathy card (from gifts budget). I wanted today to be a NSD but I always donate to the Poppy appeal so £1 spent at the station this morning.
    D
    Went to the gym this evening - the first time in ages due to work and my own plus PT’s trips away. Got back into it tonight so I will probably ache like mad tomorrow. :(

I’ve also done the first of my cleaning for Xmas deccies jobs - which was clear out the oddments drawer in the kitchen. Didn’t take long and it’s nice and tidy now!:)
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,094
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think it was your diary that made me buy that book SSG. Then a few days later I broke my ankle and it all went pear shaped!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Oh SA - I think I remember that now! Don’t you or Mr SA go anywhere near the book! :eek: How’s the dog on tidying up?:D
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Work busy today - spent the morning and most of my lunch hour packaging up the diaries we send yearly to our clients. The last of the office reorganisation for our area is happeniing over the weekend so we all had to have our cupboards, pedestals, chairs etc labelled and the stuff on top of our desks crated by 5pm when the movers and IT were then flooding in! I wouldn’t mind but our particular desk is only moving about five feet!:D Anyway at least we were all thrown out at 5pm on the dot and no-one had to work late! Of course nothing IT related will be working properly on Monday morning but we’re all resigned to that by now!:(

On the spends front - NSD day for non-budgeted items. :j. On the budgeted items - £60.31 went out of the bank for my yearly home contents insurance payment.

Surveys - Nothing on PA; I’m up to £11.45 on OP but nothing so far today from YouGov. :(
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business