Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 16th Sep 16, 2:46 PM
    • 4,377Posts
    • 9,054Thanks
    TallGirl
    The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor
    • 16th Sep 16, 2:46 PM
    The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor 16th Sep 16 at 2:46 PM
    Dear all
    I've been around a long time on this MFW for a long time and I love it. Keeps me on track and helped me pay off my mortgage 9 years early. I'm on the verge on starting something new so I thought I would start a new diary and focus it more on money saving and less on personal stuff. My life was quite steady and stable until April 2015 when I left my husband and took a one year job in London all made easier and more ore possible because I was mortgage free.

My job ended in July 2016 and I had hoped to stay within the organisation in a new job but I didn't get it and they didn't recruit anyone else. I am a great believer in that things will happen for the right reason and good things come to good people. Whilst on holiday and on my birthday I was told my ex had died and as we were still married I now owned the whole house plus his pensions and share in the small family business.

I applied for a new job whilst on holiday and I start that Monday its 28 hours a week with Friday's off and it's obviously on less month than my previous full time one.

I have been busy in the last two months sorting the house out so I can rent I out from October which will give me an income as well.

I have been trying to get his affairs in order so I can apply for probate and I'm getting there. So good folks if you want to read about the following kinds of topics then please feel free to read and or comment:
    • How to be an accidental landlord
    • How to go about getting probate and IHT sorted
    • How to invest an inheritance
    • How to keep accounts as a landlord
    • How to save money on everyday things whilst living in London

There will be more and I often stray into personal totally unrelated money stuff so just gloss over that if you find it boring.

So here we are start of something new so a quick update on where we are with the above topics.

1. Property should be ready after 27/9 as carpets going down then. Estate agent doesn't want to market it before it's completely ready. Once painter is done need to arrange final clean and my old cleaner to hang curtains.

2. My accountant friend has suggested the valuation of the family business is ok to use and my new IFA confirmed the two pensions are outside inheritance tax so I should be able to more forward on this very soon.

3. Meeting the IFA 30/9 potential inheritance will be around 190k will need to pay funeral expenses but want to invest most of it.

4. I need to read up on how to keep accounts as a landlord not sure I need an accountant but as I'm now a part business owner I might have too. Will definitely register with Inland Revenue but as house isn't rent out yet nothing has changed.

5. Finally I love saving money from getting the best deal to using coupons and tokens. I'm very good but can also be very bad. It's expensive to live in London but I'm a property guardian so my rent is so so cheap so I should really save lots of money. I promise I'll do a budget once I get my new wages, I would rather live on this than have to use my income from my property but might be difficult .

Ok I will end there and try and keep on the straight and narrow in terms of sticking with money saving stuff.
    Last edited by TallGirl; 17-06-2017 at 9:25 AM.
Page 28
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 22nd Jan 19, 6:29 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    All change tenant wants to leave so have put everything on hold but still offered her the lower rent from April if she changes her mind. Too much to deal with right now to worry about selling.

Dg is struggling to clear her mums place and doesn't want me to help but she is getting help from her ex which is fine actually I feel ok about it.

Tired long day at work but catching up at least.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 25th Jan 19, 5:14 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Had the day off today really looking forward to spending it playing golf with dg as she had been away all week. She didn't play well so it wasn't exactly relaxing. I might play with the ladies on Sunday really miss playing in the comps.

Checked my car insurance renwal and Esure cheapest which I'm with so they price matched it saving me 19.43 which I am very happy with. A bit naughty but I haven't changed my address as I also need to change my license. Anyway migth still do it just not now.

So job closed on Monday and no sign of an invite to the interviews which would be next Friday. On their portal it still says my application is being considered so I think on Monday I might contact the person I spoke to and ask for feedback I really really thought I would get a chance of an interview at least as it's almost an interval job.

Chilling this evening need to go to Lidl and do the shopping. Lift is still broken has been limits three weeks so can't get an office chair delivered or my dining room table I want to use as a desk. So annoying to say the least.

Been crap with lattes and eating out this week and no gym. At least I played golf today which is something.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 28th Jan 19, 6:54 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Didn't even get an interview not strategic enough. Well feels crap for a four month job part time but good feedback and I can do something to rectify it so that's good. Going to have a long weekend down South Friday and Monday off can't wait. Refocus on current job and make the most of my time left in London.

Dg is slowly cheering up and I hope that continues. Need to do some studying too. Diet and money needs reining in but otherwise onwards and upwards
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 9th Feb 19, 5:03 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Weekend was lovely so nice to be back in that part of the world going to be fab moving back soon.

Dg mums memorial is now planned and she's going back to work in two weeks. She's agreed to do counselling so hopefully that will help. Trying to tidy up the flat so much stuff all over the place and still no office as lift is broken. I won't get my dinning room table up here we will just buy a cheap desk and leave it at that for now. Will be fab when we get it.

Dg is set on going consultant immediately she returns to work it will mean no income for several months but first step to her having her own firm. My tenant hasn't said anything more but I've told the agent I wish to sell and they said no problem so I'm not tied in which is good.

I think I'm going to start thinking about it once I know she's leaving in March its actually 29/3 Brexit day lol.

Moneywise been rubbish so many dinners and lunch out butbeen doing late meetings and not prepped lunch as dg isn't doing it either. Put on so much weight and not back at the gym so need a kick up the backside for sure.

Work is busy some interesting cases and keeping my head down with CEO for now she's got her plans I've got mine so I'll make sure I get what I want from it.

I think that's it hope all is well everywhere else.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 15th Feb 19, 12:19 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Off sick everyone else in the office has had it so it was bound to find me too. Really annoying as were so busy and so many client including my clients. Feel rubbish looks like the weekend will be a wipe out as well.

Booked tickets to fly to Germany to go on the cuise in June just under 100 with luggage not bad. Not going to book seat on easyJet adds 38 seems silly at that low price

Lift is working to an extent so we now have the office chair which will help working from home. Still need desk but going to get cheap one from Gumtree keep missing out on them ironic really as we had several at the old place but obviously couldn't take them with us.

Still spending a bit too much on lunches but hopefully stop once dg is back at work. Was better this week but off yesterday and today too,

Got my pension statement my SIPP put in 53224 and it's dropped by 1837 this year that's only 1.1% and I got 20% added from HMRC so not all bad.

No news from my tenant I think she will give notice 26th Feb but we shall see. A house near mine sold for 325 it's definitely smaller than mine and the garden is smaller so I'm confident I could make 350. Not much up for sale right now seen one very ideal but it's 100 too much and I don't need that size anyway.

Somehow forgot to share that Jack one of my two cats died on the Monday after I had seen him on the Sunday. He was 9 not old for a Mainecoon but he had trouble with allergy in his mouth and struggled after his teeth came out. He was on steroids but doing quite well. He laid on my friends sons bed and had a seizure and was gone. Buried in their garden now and I know he was much loved by them all and my friend really misses him. He was a lovely cheeky chappies yesterday it was 9 years since we brought them home. RIP Jack my lovely boy you shall be missed.

Well back to sleeping this virus off all I can do really. Boring in deed and the weather is so nice
    Last edited by TallGirl; 15-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    • vandanfc
    • By vandanfc 15th Feb 19, 1:31 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 5,644 Thanks
    vandanfc
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Sorry to hear about Jack. His brother will no doubt miss him too.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 15th Feb 19, 2:42 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Aw thanks Vandafc my friend says he doesn't seem that bothered but there is another cat and they have both been quite snuggly since. I'm glad he died as he did so hard to make that last trip to the vet and he was trusting enough to do it with the family around which comforts me a lot.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 2nd Mar 19, 10:47 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Sorry I've neglected my diary so much lately been busy. My tenant did give notice so leaves 30/3 and the weekend after I meet the estate agents and get a valuation. It's going up for sale as I know when dg talks about wanting to try and make it her home by making changes I'm not up for it it's too hard. The garden is also too small outside space really is what I'm missing most up here. Dg also needs somewhere for clients to visit seperate from the house like an outside office plus we want a hot tub.

DGs mums memorial was last Saturday went really well a good party actually and lots of talking and dancing. Sunday we had the bells rung for her at her local abbey and the bell ringers invited us to view them in action amazing to get to see that.

Sunday very hungover so glad I had Monday off and played golf all day really nice weather too.

Had a couple last night menat to study but don't feel like it at all regretting doing this course should just have bought a few modules not all of them but I can extend. Dg is still asleep we have golf game tomorrow so just going to range today.

All my regular savers seems to be coming to an end so sorting them out and moving money around is needed. Need to book for my passport as needed for cruise in June.

Work is ok but so so busy and struggling to juggle casework and managing. CEO is off doing her own thing again which makes it harder. Getting so many referrals and my team is fully booked up and some are off sick. Not good combo plus leave to take before new holiday year.

Dg is now backat work which is good she's seeing a counsellor and is actually finding it helpful much to her surprise not mine obviusly.

Right best get on with things plan for March is simply..

Get back in the gym or running
    Study
    Plan for future re money I need to see my IFA
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 16th Mar 19, 10:59 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Wow another two weeks has gone but all is fine. I'm back running three times a week in the mornings DG isn't with me yet but she's coping at work. She had hoped they would take her on as a consultant but they said no not set up for it so now she's resigned ithout a job to go to. She's applied for consultancy somewhere else but they didn't reply last time so who knows. I'm finding it a bit scary and would have done it differently but there is a shortage in her sector so I think it will all be ok. She's getting her sparkle back which is very good.

My job is ok less busy with casework but my team has a lot of sickness due to stress so trying to bat off as many referrals as I can. We have now got funding for another 6 month for one post so that means she can stay 3 which takes her up to end of Sep so looks like that's the time my post ends as well. That's good a few more pennies in the jar.

Booked app with IFA first weekend in April we're going down Thurs to Sun to nice long time to sort things out. I've stopped all pension payments apart from work pension and also my isa for next year.

It's going to be tight all explain more about the money situation but basically dg won't have an income so I'll have to pay the bills until she starts earning. Even when she gets consultancy it will be a while before the money comes in. Scary times as I'm selling my house and buying a bigger one. Seen a couple we both like but out of budget so need to compromise on location or finish. We can go for a much smaller house but need the garden. Anyway that's a way off really.

I've got my studies extended to Jan next year so no exams for me this Jun but need to do two practical modules instead I can start now. I've got two days off work and two workshops so need to get cracking next two weeks. Quite looking forward to it. Then once I finish work I'll crack on and do the two exams in Jan 20. Much better plan as I got behind and it's not cost me extra.

Anyway dg is awake so I'll stop here I'll come back with the budgets etc later on
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 18th Mar 19, 7:17 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Exhausting weekend dg had a meltdown playing in the compention Sunday. She was fine two weeks ago it was a team thing but this was singles and she just couldn't play. I wanted her to stay out and she did but it wasn't good. Then she blamed me for making her play. It wasn't good but she's obviously still struggling after her mum. I'm glad she seeing the counsellor I think she needs to continue.

Got today off to study I'm still in bed but going to start soon. I'm going to fine myself breaks to do things but crack on as much as I can.

Still thinking about how to manage financially after Aug need to use residual money in Nationwide from rental to pay income tax 18/19 kind of forogotten that and still owe 1100 to pay for this tax year but there should be money to cover all of that plus any repairs that's needed.

I've got three regular savers, nationwide, Santander and first direct all just started again. NW will be filled by residual money from rental all good the other two from my wages so that's 3700 new money to add to the pot we will have to live on. Feel like I need a challenge for the next 6 months. It's hard once the mortgage is paid off to keep motivated. I'll keep thinking and now I must go and study, new desk and chair no excuse now.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 4th Apr 19, 6:52 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    :So much stuff going on but all good. Did my two workshop for my course they were both excellent nd the two days I took off to study were very productive I am glad I switched the course around. Also I passed my first exam 83% that's distinction so happy about that. Two more in January but will get this course work out of the way soon I hope.

Big new dg has booked for go to bootcamp next Friday when her job is finished. That is jut the best news she's put all the weight back on and stopped excercise altogether this willl get her back on track I'm just please I'm not going. Not again but I'm running two to three times a week 30 min in the morning so that is so good.

No longer a landlord my tenant moved out Saturday and I get the keys today I'm to excited to see it all gain

It will be a busy weekend but super good both have haircuts and colour to be done that saves about 70 each from London prices. I'm seeing my IFA and an estate agent and the house is going on the market ASAP. I need to do a bit of gardening and book POSs some work to be done just cleaning of patio etc.

There will be fun too playing golf for free at a local course and also seeing a friend for dinner followed by comedy night locally. Cannot wait.

First I've got interesting meeting at council and then off home dg is picking me up. She's really struggling again hates working out her notice but needs must. She's booked 6 more sessions with grief counsellor which is also good. No news on consultancy for her she's put feelers out but nothing as of yet. She needs to crack on but she's still got time and I want it to be right for her. A bit scary her leaving her job without anything to go to be we will Cope this is is for the future us.

So best get everything packed up leaving late as meeting isn't until 10am.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 5th Apr 19, 7:38 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Yesterday was super productive I got so much done I feel like making a list:

Got DG to her hair appointment on time
    Collected keys with estate agent and there is plenty so dont need any more cut slight downside I can not unlock the garage good think the lock migth have been changed need to email tenant
    Spent 60 in Lidl on house stuff incl soil, wellingtons and violas for all the pots.
    Fitted two new front tyres for call as advised on MOT 190

House is in excellent condition just a little paint job in the en-suite wetroom as the ceiling is peeling so looks messy.
    Outside the garden needs weeding and possibly get some more stones or bark to cover the soil. It's really infested with bindweed so tenant put a membrane down but it's growing through that in places that's how bad it is. The drive needs pressure washing I've got mine back but I also think the patio needs a good clean too. The deck needs painting too but it's really small.

DGs uncle can help with all of this and I can pay him for it so I'll get materials today and he can do it. I need three big plants for some big pots I've got as there are now so few plants in the garden. Worth spending on as I can take them with me hopefully or they can go to my friend who can look after them until I move

Today is going to be super busy IFA at 11 but garden centre first then hair cut and colour 12.45 DG saved 100 on London prices yesterday I should save about the same maybe a little less. After hair cut meeting Dg and her aunt at the house before the estate agent turns up at 5pm to value the house etc. It won't be quite ready to go on the market until the outside is cleaned up I don't want it looking like an unloved rental as it isn't.

Met someone I know through work yesterday really nice to see her and a good contact for when we are able to start taking on cases down here. Also handy for DG as consultant. She did hear back from the one company she approached they have passed it to someone else but at least it's a response.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 7th Apr 19, 4:55 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    What a busy weekend got so much done but also time to chill but now and totally dead and dg has gone out so time to relax.

IFA was good he's going to move money into my ISA ASAP and then leave everything else invested but take a more cautious approach. He says I'm in an enviable position I would retire at 65 with 16k a year pension if I retire at 65. That isn't going to happen it's more likely to be 60 so he'll change that.

Got my hair sorted saved 80 well worth it and looks like. Then tidy up of house but joy tiny amount Friday as estate agent came. He showed me a load of similar houses that sold recently so we have settled for 37995 but I'm happy to drop below this. He's doing the floor plan and I'm getting it all ready to be photographed week Monday. Friday we took DGs aunt out but then quiet time in the evening. Saturday I went and did more work at house garden needed a lot got pots planted up and things started to take shape. We're meant to play golf but no time. Saw friend for drinks and sinner then comedy show which was excellent value for 10 each. Also great to see her even if I felt crap this morning. Got bus to venue and Uber back cheap evening in all as we ate at Spoons.

Today I went over at 9.15 with DGs uncle we agreed what he is doing starting tomorrow and met guy who'll clean the patio and fix the drive it's block paving. He was amazing spotted so many little things that needs doing or they will flag in survey. Even better he'll fix a load of them which saves me and his quote was only 500 really good value for money and it will be done Saturday so ready to take the photos. I'm so lucky to have found him and he can do it so quickly he normally does roofs but he enjoys this sort of work as well. Does loads for estate agents when people sell pus his dad is a surveyor so I seems to know his stuff.

DGs uncle will sort a load out too not sure how much it will cost but he'll go weekly sort the lawn out and keep an eye on things.

All very exciting just got back to life on the 5th floor with no lift and our rent is going up 10% still cheap but another 50 which is mean I think with no lift.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 7th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Spending mode here but all good my mum is over in 2 weeks time so far booked School of Rock for Easter Sunday and also afternoon tea at the National Portrait Gallery 38 each with Champagne cocktail super view too better than some stuffy hotel I think.

Going to Harrods too and obviously whatever she wants to do. Can't wait will be so good to have her here not been over for 3 years.

I'm so tired DG is still out she's drunk not sure how she can do two days in a row. Bootcamp will be good for her and I get a weekend to study and a quiet week but first she's got 4 days work left. Onwards and upwards.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 8th Apr 19, 7:59 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Lots of updates as it's all go with the house. DGs uncle has been over today replaced the tatty looking drainage pipe out the back and changed all the lightbulbs that was gone. He's done a good job checking them all and I'm getting a new front light tomorrow. He's got the deck ready to paint and will also fix the fence so that's good. I'm paying him to do the work and then 30 a week to keep the garden tidy that's ok with me and a weight off my mind.

Work was so tediously and I messed something up but it got fixed as well in the end. Early start tomorrow so best get ready for bed
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 11th Apr 19, 8:18 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    House is progressing further pictures are being done Tuesday then I get to approve the final version before I goes on the market. I'm still thinking of dropping it 5k before it goes out but it's so hard. Most seem to drop after a few weeks as it brings it back up on Rightmove.

Work was difficult today my team is really stretched and I don't feel we have the capacity to deliver as we should and need to cut back on some stuff we were doing but can't any more, my CEO is really starting to get to me she's micro managing everything and can't take criticism so lashes out challenge her. I've given up challenging her now and she's making decisions on her own on all the operational side which affects everyone so it's a pain. Well 6 months that's it I can survive.

Dg left her job today she's got two applications in for consultant y and one that keep saying they will get back to her. They know her so I'm hopefully but they are not the greatest in terms of reputation. She'll come and volunteer with me when she gets back from bootcamp so that will be good.

She's leaving for bootcamp tomorrow so a week away. I've got things lined up plus I need to study no golf for me as she'll have the car,

We've booked a week off in May to go to Plymouth and spread her mums ashes but also to meet my good friend and have some fun. Will be nice to have a bit of time off something to look forward to.
    • Tahlullah
    • By Tahlullah 11th Apr 19, 10:29 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 5,024 Thanks
    Tahlullah
    Hi TG. Just taken time to catch up on your diary. So much has happened to you and I can only hope that you are happy with everything going forward.

I will keep reading - I had some time out. Needed it! Fingers crossed with the house, DG's recovery, our job and sorry about your cat. The plans for your Mum's visit sound great and well thought out.

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

15 February 2019

Mortgage debt - 78,400
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 14th Apr 19, 11:55 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Thanks for popping in Tahlullah much appreciated yes let's hope its onwards and upwards with our jobs it is a bit of a slog right now.

Been an odd weekend Friday after work I went out with the team had 6 pints and no dinner got so so drunk I only just made it home. Been ill several times yesterday and today I'm still crap and in bed. So much for studying. Dg had a wobble at bootcamp this morning wanted to come home but is now staying a bit longer. She's struggling it would have been her mums birthday yesterday so that was hard obviously.

The house is progressing fence is repaired and indoors in painted and all lightbulbs replaced. The faded outdoor light has been replaced and just had a call to say the roof tiles are fixed and he's put the treatment on the drive and the patio. They need to be repaired still but that will be next week at least for now it will be all good enough for photos. DGs uncle will go over tomorrow and cut the grass and clean the greenhouse ready for photos Tuesday and then it's going live. Will be interesting to see what the interest is like there isn't anything else for sale like it and the bigger ones on that estate are going quickly.

I really hope I feel better soon so I can do some studying this is really not helpful and it can't be still from Friday's excess lol.
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 16th Apr 19, 6:04 AM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Didn't run this morning feel crap got a cold not happy and didn't sleep properly not good combo. Same for dg she sounded better last night but this morning she didn't sleep and now it's all bad again. She's struggling but still there at bootcamp at least.

House is finished ready for pictures so that is great I'm so lucky in the people who're helping me. Wish I could see it but the estate agent is taking the pictures today so won't be long. Just hope the lawn looks better I fed it and put weed killer down there was so many weeds. A couple came and asked him if it was for sale he thinks it's for their daughter which is good so I'm keeping it at the higher price to start with. I will drop it if no interest as I don't want it empty for months and I need to start paying council tax in 6 months.

Had a nice chat with a previous volunteer yesterday a bit about the ceo she had some interesting insights indeed which where helpful. I just have to admit I can't change things and not really make a difference overall. It's so frustrating but she won't let me. Yesterday I nearly went mad when she now wants to deal with my second funder. Absolutely no need for her to be involved but fair enough she could be there to set it up. But no she's arrange a meeting without running it past me even inviting me when I'm the one doing the bloody reporting, how stupid but I've got 6 months left so do I care anymore. Probably not.

Moneywise not great lots of lattes but I've won a few free coffees at Nero with their latest promotion. Also need to pay for house think it's about 1000 I owe now. Can't wait for it to launch now see if there is interest. Seen another nice one come on the market quite small and expensive so see how quick that goes.
    • Tahlullah
    • By Tahlullah 16th Apr 19, 8:40 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 5,024 Thanks
    Tahlullah
    Nothing worse than Managers who micromanage, undermine and then take all the glory. I agree, you shouldn't be bothered. If you only have 6 months left, then you should be concentrating your energies into other areas, and fighting a losing battle with a CEO is not one of those areas. After all, as the CEO, it is her domain. She can do what she wants.

However, to put a bit of perspective on what you say is happening - if you are leaving n 6 months, she needs to understand what you are doing and build the relationship with your Commissioners before you leave. She is potentially trying to smooth the transition from you to her whilst you are still in position. Plus, if you make any changes now, it could be that it would be harder for someone else to pick up and help to imbed once you have gone, so she doesn't want to take on that level of change without you in place to ensure it is implemented fully.

That's just me trying to see the alternative side to this. No excuse for not inviting you to the meeting though!

I get free coffee at Nero with O2 but there isn't one local so that's a shame. I do feel they burn the beans though so no loss.

Hope you and DG feel better soon. Nearly Easter holidays!
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

15 February 2019

Mortgage debt - 78,400
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,865Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin