Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 12th Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 15Thanks
    sash_berry
    Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML?
    • 12th Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML? 12th Sep 16 at 5:18 PM
    Hi,

Anyone tried or has any experience with THE MORTGAGE LENDER? They are quite new on the market and we are waiting for the answer from them as Precise refused to give us the mortgage.

Maybe someone dealt with them in the past?

Thanks
Page 2
    • ssantiago84
    • By ssantiago84 13th Jul 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ssantiago84
    600 fee
    Hi there,

We are in the exact same position. Been a long 4 weeks of thinking the worst but without any notice they have taken out the 600 fee which i can only hope means that things are looking positive.

really frustrating not knowing what their internal processes or what order things happen are.

Stephane
    • dipen99
    • By dipen99 1st Sep 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dipen99
    So slow!!!
    Hi all,

Anyone have any update on timings for mortgage applications?
    I am now on my 78th day waiting for this damn application to go through. Not happy!
    I am however a first time contractor and understand this means the process takes slightly longer but this takes the !!!!...

Firstly TML requested documents one by one with a 48 hour review time (they did not take a second below 48hours to respond to my brokers).
    Secondly the underwriter and property valuation stages are now complete (thank god!) and the underwriter has been mentioning I will get confirmation on 28th August and has been saying that daily so far (today is 1st Sept).

Apparently the application has been sent for review with the audit team.

My question is; is the audit team a normal part of the mortgage application process? and if so, how long do they usually take to review (i.e. days/weeks/months)?
    I'm getting constantly nagged by my sellers and estate agents so hearing the same thing repeated isn't helping

Thanks
    • Mortgage2017
    • By Mortgage2017 3rd Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mortgage2017
    Fee refunded
    Hi,

We applied for a mortgage and got the DIP last week. Our broker key in the full appllication on wednesday 30th August. Same time i made the payment of 580 (430 for valuation and 150 for TML to process the application). The Mortgage Lender TML refunded 430 on Friday 1st September (day before yesterday).

I am wondering if that means a declined mortgage by TML? If yes, it only took them a day to process everything underwriter etc? I supplied my lateat payslip to my broker on Friday afternoon (1st Sep) and the same day the refunded valuation fee 430.

I have a small default of 600 which is more than 5 year old and was satisified 4 years ago. Mrs has a ccj which is 5 years and 4 months old also satisfied long ago.

Please advise as i am worried. I have put my current house for sale, valuation of my current house etc so we have spent over 2000 so far and dont want this to be declined. Offer on the new house has alao been accepted.

Please advise what to expect.
    • Mortgage2017
    • By Mortgage2017 3rd Sep 17, 4:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mortgage2017
    Just to add, affordability is not an issue.
    • strangeone
    • By strangeone 11th Jan 18, 11:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    strangeone
    Application In
    My broker L&C has just made the application to TML. Valuation fee and admin fee taken from bank 3 days after application submitted. Anyone have any info on what to expect next?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

88Posts Today

1,899Users online

Martin's Twitter