Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 26th Aug 16, 5:18 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 41Thanks
    Hiltop1
    I got a reply from bw legal!
    • 26th Aug 16, 5:18 PM
    I got a reply from bw legal! 26th Aug 16 at 5:18 PM
    I know there are loads of these so i will be brief -
    - PCN from April 2012 (pre POFA) ignored as per all advice (VCS)
    - standard bw legal 54 charges etc letter july 2016
    - followed advice using GAN template to deny claim (not driver, pre POFA etc)
    - received standard 40% off letter 25/8/16 (relieved as this felt again like fishing to see who would give in)
    - a day later received personal reply to my letter
    this, as expected cites E v L, quotes DVLA Release of Information document, quotes the Protection of Harassment Act 1977, blathers on about legal fees of 54 being ok (doesn't mention the point that not claimable in CC) and finishes saying their 'client is amenable to to resolving this matter within 7 days without the need to incur any further cost, failure to do which we will seek our client's instruction on issuing County Court proceedings.'
    Any advice on a reply? I've searched around but for the first time have not found a discussion on this latest letter. Thanks
Page 4
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 2,222 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Date of alleged breach of contract.
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 13th Apr 18, 10:04 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    Great, thanks!

In which case, with all your help, I have made it past the 6 years.

Phew......
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 13th Apr 18, 10:47 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done ....

can I please ask if you complained to your MP as advised by several forum members .... earlier .......

if not then Please please ... do so as the next stage of the parliamentary debate will be on the horizon soon ... and every MP needs fed back from constituents on hoe to vote ....

Ralph
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 13th Apr 18, 11:25 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    Yes I did. I wrote to PM, Oliver somebody (if my memory serves me right), my local MP, SRA, credit people and the body doing a review for parliament......sorry a bit vague but it was a while ago.

Would it help to write again?
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 13th Apr 18, 11:29 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    I have also recently had a ticket cancelled - my 89 yr old dad and his sister overstayed in a disabled bay at Morrisons just before Christmas. They have lunch and shop, both use walking sticks, multiple toilet trips, and tbh it's amazing they don't go over 3 hrs more often!

Morrisons head office cancelled it straight away and very apologetic.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 12:58 AM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes I did. I wrote to PM, Oliver somebody (if my memory serves me right), my local MP, SRA, credit people and the body doing a review for parliament......sorry a bit vague but it was a while ago.

Would it help to write again?
    Originally posted by Hiltop1
    It would help to write and tell Sir Greg Knight how horrendous it is that parking charge notices hang over people for six years (tell him about your case). After all, why should a fake PCN be allowed to be pursued up to 6 years later like a real debt (credit agreement/mail order, or a utility or phone bill) or a trader/customer written agreement where there is usually a paper agreement and provable meeting of minds?

In private parking tickets there is no 'customer', no credit agreement, no meeting of minds or written contract, no debt and very often, registered keepers who were not even driving are mercilessly pursued or given CCJs for conduct that was never even their own (they may not even drive/have been in the car). It beggars belief that these fake PCNs get the same lengthy litigation timeline, as written credit agreements, especially 'keeper liability' being allowed to hang over people who might not even know about the PCN.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Castle
    • By Castle 14th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    Castle
    Great, thanks!

In which case, with all your help, I have made it past the 6 years.

Phew......
    Originally posted by Hiltop1
    Of course you also have 6 years to bring a claim against them for harassment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,991Posts Today

6,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin