IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I got a reply from bw legal!

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fair enough , but one topic that crops up on here time and time again is this following mantra type reply

IGNORE the debt collectors

only ask for help and advice over the next 6 years if or when you receive either an LBC or an MCOL from either the PPC , actual solicitor acting for the claimant , (or the landowner)

you are at this LBC letter stage , Letter (s) Before Court Claim (or LBCCC - Letters Before County Court Claim)

nobody has a problem with you posting a thread on here or PPP, as you are at the LBCCC stage , after 4 years , so they have a further 2 years to harass you , which they are doing (as they are doing to thousands of other people , so a veritable tsunami)

they have had this power since 1973 , since the small claims court system came into being , so its not new, but they are using it to be their bully boys , they are abusing the court system by using it to spread misery and extort money by any means necessary, some would say by deception , subterfuge and weasel words. I am sure you come across bullies like this in your profession , even in schoolyards or on faceache or tweeter , or snipchat)

we can only tell you what you need to do based on what some knowledgeable people like G@N and others are saying on pepipoo , CAG , MSE , legal beagles and other forums etc

that advice has already been given , whereas your personal circumstances do not come into it as its about court , even homeless people with nothing at all face court daily, the lack of means to pay a fine for the theft of a whisky bottle is not taken into consideration apart from the punishment (which may involve non-monetary decisions).

in your case not paying the judgement in good time would still mean a 6 year CCJ on your record , even if the case was brought about by an unpaid plumber who fixed your broken shower !! (or a roofer who fixed the roof , or an unpaid double glazing firm that fixed the panes in the broken windows)

ie:- its not about "what happened" , its about a law that allows one entity to take another to court , as you see on Judge Rinder almost daily (because that is what that programme is about , smalll claims , MCOL if you prefer)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 12:56PM
    Options
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hiltop1
    Options
    Thanks again. I didn't mean that my current financial predicament would influence them in any way - it just makes me need to keep up the ping pong letters in order to hold onto my cash. It must be frustrating to you all having many of us witter on, but I (and i expect many others) post here when I feel I haven't found/aren't sure I have found the best fit response...... and in hope you kick me back into fight mode!
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Yes, but the best way is to copy from other threads which are there for newbies to copy and learn from, and adapt to suit.

EDIT - 2020 - IF YOU ARE READING THIS OLD THREAD, STOP!

THERE IS NOW A TEMPLATE DEFENCE AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hiltop1 wrote: »
    Thanks again. I didn't mean that my current financial predicament would influence them in any way - it just makes me need to keep up the ping pong letters in order to hold onto my cash. It must be frustrating to you all having many of us witter on, but I (and i expect many others) post here when I feel I haven't found/aren't sure I have found the best fit response...... and in hope you kick me back into fight mode!

Hey you, listen to coupon-mad and everyone else on this thread.

Consider yourself kicked in the b*m and FIGHT THE SCAM

Look BWLegal are not smart cookies. If they were, they would not have backed themselves into a corner with their menacing letters.

That is why the SRA are being inundated with complaints and it's all about BWLegal.
    Right now, none of us know what will happen but with the prankster report, our guess is that BWLegal will soon be on the next ship to planet drongo.

Like a lot these companies, they look no further than £££'s and not into the real facts. They work on the basis that many will just pay up ..... not something you will do
    If the SRA do nothing, bet they will though, the SRA will fall into disrepute, courtesy of a rogue trader to which currently there are 4 main ones who are playing the scammers game
  • Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update - had two letters dated 6th and 12th September giving contradictory dates for replying/paying and seeming to have different stances on whether VCS had instructed them to go ahead with court. I replied asking them (again) to desist and denied claim plus a boring, lengthy and detailed account of our correspondence and all their contradictions therein.

In a separate letter I replied with advice here and I have made email complaint to CSA (received a reply) and intend to contact again with latest letters and threats.I have sent copies of everything plus complaint to CSA,, sent letter to T. May and O. Heald.

Now both their deadlines have passed - letter of 6/9 gave 7 days to pay, one on 12/9 demanded payment by 29/9. I wait to see what comes next.

Also, is it my imagination or do the forums seem a little less busy on the BW front?
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    J.

Now both their deadlines have passed - letter of 6/9 gave 7 days to pay, one on 12/9 demanded payment by 29/9. I wait to see what comes next.

Also, is it my imagination or do the forums seem a little less busy on the BW front?

I have a thread going as I am trying to help my wife's carer. She has recieved a letter from bw giving her a 29/9 deadline. Must be a standard template letter I guess.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Just an update - had two letters dated 6th and 12th September giving contradictory dates for replying/paying and seeming to have different stances on whether VCS had instructed them to go ahead with court. I replied asking them (again) to desist and denied claim plus a boring, lengthy and detailed account of our correspondence and all their contradictions therein.

In a separate letter I replied with advice here and I have made email complaint to CSA (received a reply) and intend to contact again with latest letters and threats.I have sent copies of everything plus complaint to CSA,, sent letter to T. May and O. Heald.

Glad to hear you did complain to Mrs May and Sir Oliver Heald, as per the Theresa May thread here.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

It has been noted
    We do know there is an SRA investigation into BWLegal
  • Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - C-M, that is the template I adapted to my letters and the Lovenorfolk one for CSA. The reply I recieved from SRA said that they were aware of the issues and were investigating them. I will send them the latest threats and details of how muddled and conflicting their demands are. I haven't checked all the envelopes before discarding, but did notice that the one titled 'letter of claim' came from Huddersfield, not Leeds - I guess the 'technology-based volume debt recovery and litigation service' they seem so proud of is generated from there.
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport