Asset Collections intended Court Action

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,487 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    All that was in their email of 24 August

Did you get the latest message by email, or as a letter?

There's a follow-up letter in that earlier link, if you want to use it
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 September 2016 at 4:07PM
    Unless it comes in a letter, through the post, then you don't need to worry about it.

Court claims have to be preceded by a notice of intent to start legal action, (under civil procedure rules) this notice must be in the form of a written letter, not an email.

My thoughts ?

Payday lenders usually sell on bad debts pretty sharpish, they don't take legal action themselves, normally.

Sounds like a lot of hot air to me, I doubt they will go through with it, I suspect it will all go quiet, and in a few weeks time, you'll get a letter informing you of the sale.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • IGNORE until they send something by post.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Wilcouk
    Wilcouk Posts: 60 Forumite
    Would it be a good idea to complain to the Ombudsman? If they come at me, i might aswelk go at them and investigate this debt which might rule in my favor?

No letters sent from them, just emails/texts and calls
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,487 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I'd ignore the muppets at asset collections or whatever they call themselves, do a complaint re mis-selling to lending stream a la Debt Camel, and refer the result of that complaint to FOS
  • Wilcouk
    Wilcouk Posts: 60 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2017 at 3:53PM
    Hi there,

I had this email today (but no letters)

Ive just cleaned up my credit report, i cant be dealing with a ccj for previous defaults that were already on my credit file but now removed.

Asset Collections and Investigations Limited

Re: County Court Claim

Cus

Outstanding Balance: £1,560

Hi

We have recently loaded a County Claim against yourself for the above outstanding balance, of which you will shortly receive a Claim Pack with regards to this.

If you do not respond to the above-mentioned Claim Pack, judgment will be entered by default and in turn you will receive a County Court Judgment . It will be entered on your credit record at the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines and will remain there for six years. This record can seriously affect your ability to obtain a mortgage, credit card, bank account and even a mobile phone contract in the future.

To avoid the judgment in its entirety you must pay in full. You can choose to pay the amount in full straight away (plus any interest and court fees shown) and if you do, you do not need to send the forms back and you will not receive the CCJ.

Please contact our Litigation Department on 0330 808 1585 to make this payment.

In the meantime, you are encouraged to seek competent legal advice with regards to the above.

In the meantime, you are encouraged to seek competent legal advice with regards to the above.

Citizens Advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

If you are unable to pay this amount off in full, we can arrange a repayment plan with you direct although you will still incur the CCJ.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
    The Legal Collections Team
  • sourcrates
    Looks like you will be stuck with the CCJ then, whatever you do.

Maybe ask for advice on Legal Beagles.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    Looks like you will be stuck with the CCJ then, whatever you do.

Maybe ask for advice on Legal Beagles.

From what has been said earlier, they have to send a letter by snail mail before they can begin court action, but this does not appear to have been done. So if this is mentioned at court, is this grounds for the claim being thrown out?
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • I have not received one single snail mail letter in regards to this claim, i cant even talk to them again as for the last 3 times ive rung ibe been put on hold for 25mins with the one Ed Sheerqn song on loop, only so much one can take!
  • sourcrates
    From what has been said earlier, they have to send a letter by snail mail before they can begin court action, but this does not appear to have been done. So if this is mentioned at court, is this grounds for the claim being thrown out?

Usually emails are backed up by snail mail, a few days later.

If they don't, that's a question for Legal Beagles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure