Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenJcarroll
    • By stevenJcarroll 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 8,125Thanks
    stevenJcarroll
    Selling your soul to the devil
    • 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    Selling your soul to the devil 4th Aug 16 at 8:46 PM
    I've noticed over the last few months that comments on Facebook competitions seems to be getting quite intense. What I mean is the sob stories. e.g. Comment to win a toilet roll, I have only got six months to live and I've never won anything, thanks this awesome prize so generous of you and good luck everybody. Let's not forget the photos and the emojis.

On a serious note does any of these comments make a difference in whether you win or not???
Page 52
    • Naiwarren
    • By Naiwarren 10th Nov 18, 3:03 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    Naiwarren
    I don't ever enter the social media comps that ask you why you think you should win. Can't stand to see all the sob stories!
    • Fruitloops
    • By Fruitloops 10th Nov 18, 7:33 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 5,178 Thanks
    Fruitloops
    I'm getting a headache with how many times I've already rolled my eyes today. I did, however, get a good laugh at someone's 'joke beg' post involving a cat slipping on a mouldy banana peel.

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 10th Nov 18, 7:39 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 13,802 Thanks
    dontone
    It won't be long till the real fun starts though.
    We should have a bit of a competition on here to find the best sob story, photo, begging post over the Christmas Advent period. We are going to be spoilt for choice
    Although I don't think you can't beat the sob story that was on the FB winners page a few years ago, when someone moaned that none of the regulars were winning, but people who never did comps were. Hilarious, but maddening at the same time. I think some of those regulars do very well throughout the year.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • MSE Tine
    • By MSE Tine 12th Nov 18, 2:25 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    MSE Tine
    Message from the MSE Forum Team:

Hi all, we have closed this thread as we have had some reports from people who consider the posts unfriendly.

Please can we ask one of the regulars amongst you to start a "Part 2" - but bearing in mind that MSE should be a friendly place for everyone to seek support and join in.

Posting about users from other sites is a little unfair so please do avoid discussing users who are not here to join in the conversation.

Thanks!

MSE Tine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,553Posts Today

5,344Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin