Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenJcarroll
    • By stevenJcarroll 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 8,125Thanks
    stevenJcarroll
    Selling your soul to the devil
    • 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    Selling your soul to the devil 4th Aug 16 at 8:46 PM
    I've noticed over the last few months that comments on Facebook competitions seems to be getting quite intense. What I mean is the sob stories. e.g. Comment to win a toilet roll, I have only got six months to live and I've never won anything, thanks this awesome prize so generous of you and good luck everybody. Let's not forget the photos and the emojis.

On a serious note does any of these comments make a difference in whether you win or not???
Page 51
    • dontone
    • By dontone 18th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 13,804 Thanks
    dontone
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/thewinnerslounge/

Some compers use loads of excited anticipation along with a host of ! and emojis. Guessing they C&P and vary it slightly for each comp they enter. It may seem innovative and original to the page running the competition, but we see it a lot as we flit between pages offering giveaways https://www.facebook.com/serenesilverjewellery/photos/a.302528423470208/847310412325337/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
    Originally posted by grannybiker
    What Grannybiker sez.
    The best one ever was the 'liked, loved, dreamed' post for........ wait for it......... A load of cans of soup.
    It does border on extremely pathetic & tiresome sometimes.
    It won't be long before the advents start up* still time to think up stuff for that to try and gain an advantage
    Be Lucky

*p.s I'm very sorry for mentioning the advents in August.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 18th Aug 18, 9:21 PM
    • 9,712 Posts
    • 58,579 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    It's not just the comments which I so dislike but people who post the same photograph for nearly every comp #grrrrr
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • dontone
    • By dontone 24th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 13,804 Thanks
    dontone
    The 'Michigan Lady' has been popping up again.
    No mention of the son though. Instead it's the 'Michigan Man's' birthday, and an anniversary coming up.
    Haven't had an update on the son for ages though, it got to the point where it was our own version of a reality show on here
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 27th Aug 18, 11:57 AM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 61,326 Thanks
    hdh74
    Comp to win a dashcam "would love to win this for my mobility car" - grr I'm sick of seeing even the little 'take pity on me so I win' stuff slipped in. Just sodding enter the same as everyone else. And I say that as someone who is disabled in case anyone thinks I'm a heartless cow.
    • joho
    • By joho 31st Aug 18, 10:32 AM
    • 3,993 Posts
    • 14,095 Thanks
    joho
    Bigfoot Sausages comp to win a fitbit thingy - instructions to L&S but guess what?!
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 1st Sep 18, 3:41 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO MICHIGAN

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5889565

I wonder who will enter this... :-D
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• I-Owe-You
    • By I-Owe-You 1st Sep 18, 10:09 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 5,483 Thanks
    I-Owe-You
    WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO MICHIGAN

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5889565

I wonder who will enter this... :-D
    Originally posted by strawberri_shortcake
    I see this and thought exactly the same!
    • Sunny Saver
    • By Sunny Saver 2nd Sep 18, 6:13 AM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 96,469 Thanks
    Sunny Saver
    What Grannybiker sez.
    The best one ever was the 'liked, loved, dreamed' post for........ wait for it......... A load of cans of soup.
    It does border on extremely pathetic & tiresome sometimes.
    It won't be long before the advents start up* still time to think up stuff for that to try and gain an advantage
    Be Lucky

*p.s I'm very sorry for mentioning the advents in August.
    Originally posted by dontone
    There’s a punishment for mentioning the A word now - 200 press ups!
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
    • strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 9th Sep 18, 5:06 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    Has anyone else seen that begging cat on Twitter?
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• geminilady
    • By geminilady 9th Sep 18, 7:30 PM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 7,377 Thanks
    geminilady
    Has anyone else seen that begging cat on Twitter?
    Originally posted by strawberri_shortcake
    yes drives me mad but lots are posting Gifs
    • joho
    • By joho 11th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 3,993 Posts
    • 14,095 Thanks
    joho
    'Very' are running a FB competition to win £1000 of toys. Fabulous! Who wouldn't want to win that? The instructions are to L&S but currently there are 524 comments.

Didn't read all of them, but there aren't any massive sob stories! Am surprised. Though I will be curious to see if the winner is someone who has also commented.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 11th Sep 18, 12:08 PM
    • 8,252 Posts
    • 179,256 Thanks
    ikkle87
    'Very' are running a FB competition to win £1000 of toys. Fabulous! Who wouldn't want to win that? The instructions are to L&S but currently there are 524 comments.

Didn't read all of them, but there aren't any massive sob stories! Am surprised. Though I will be curious to see if the winner is someone who has also commented.
    Originally posted by joho
    Although a comp might ask for a like and share I usually still always leave a comment as from personal experience it’s more likely a winner will be selected from those than the shares as not all shares show to a promoter depending on a persons privacy setting.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 14th Sep 18, 3:30 PM
    • 9,465 Posts
    • 330,079 Thanks
    BlueBella
    FB comp to win a reusable cloth sanitary pad with a mermaid design - a few of the comments made me giggle! https://www.facebook.com/littlesunshinehut/photos/a.1516343531919007/2226787930874560/?type=3&theater
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • dontone
    • By dontone 17th Sep 18, 3:06 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 13,804 Thanks
    dontone
    The Acer comp on FB. It says 'like & share'. I'll let you all have a look, but you know what's coming.
    And someone keeps putting 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!' on TW comps. Please stop shouting......... Thankyou.
    Be Lucky

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 19th Sep 18, 10:20 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 61,326 Thanks
    hdh74
    My hubby because he has just lost his daughter and he’s been very sad and this would hopefully make him feel better ��

a £20 voucher. The voucher can be used against drinks and meals...

...oh my...
    • dontone
    • By dontone 28th Sep 18, 3:35 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 13,804 Thanks
    dontone
    There is someone on Twitter who keeps over using emoji's, shouting things like 'AMAZING!!!' and putting various photos of her sprogs on.
    All it requires is the usual RT.
    Just seems very over the top, to the point of 'Just Stop it will ya?!?!?!'
    Thank you for reading
    Be Lucky.

• mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 9th Oct 18, 9:07 AM
    • 821 Posts
    • 9,926 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    Overuse of emojis ..dosen't comment with showstopper..and it's only one entry per person https://twitter.com/NisaLocally/status/1047017846780387328
    Compers challenge 13/70
    £285/2018
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 21st Oct 18, 5:42 PM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 7,524 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    Spotted on superdeluxeeditions competition comments
    (entry via gleam, no comments needed)

"Crossing appendages!"

"I have never won anything in my life I think this time will be the same but I said to myself…. let’s try … nothing to lose.
    With the large amount of money spent on records in my life, winning something would be that “ something “ in return that many collectors deserve. :) Ciao"

"where do we enter our email etc? Here in the comments?"
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 23rd Oct 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 61,326 Thanks
    hdh74
    https://www.facebook.com/divanbasedirect/posts/1897036517269398?comment_id=466210073873188&notif_ id=1540196237526073&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&ref =notif

The page said they are picking a winner today, and one response was
    "Me me I think I’m gonna wee"
    well it's novel...
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 7th Nov 18, 1:13 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 61,326 Thanks
    hdh74
    "i never win anything so no point entering lol. People where i live never win. Im carer to my adult aspergers/autism son and on benefits. Why would you ever pick someone like me to win ? We dont deserve to.."

On this thread https://www.facebook.com/bonmarche/?fref=gc&dti=795328447222700&hc_location=ufi

- and it said to enter you had to post a picture of what you want to win. Which she didn't do. Maybe that's why she isn't winning huh?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

63Posts Today

2,798Users online

Martin's Twitter