Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenJcarroll
    • By stevenJcarroll 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    • 124Posts
    • 8,111Thanks
    stevenJcarroll
    Selling your soul to the devil
    • 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    Selling your soul to the devil 4th Aug 16 at 8:46 PM
    I've noticed over the last few months that comments on Facebook competitions seems to be getting quite intense. What I mean is the sob stories. e.g. Comment to win a toilet roll, I have only got six months to live and I've never won anything, thanks this awesome prize so generous of you and good luck everybody. Let's not forget the photos and the emojis.

On a serious note does any of these comments make a difference in whether you win or not???
Page 50
    • dontone
    • By dontone 4th Jul 18, 6:58 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    dontone
    Following on from the nasty comments earlier in the thread.
    Some rather interesting comments on FB regarding our birdy friend from Topcashback.
    Seems like sour grapes to me. I won nowt from that stupid bird btw (as usual).
    It's going to get to a point where some companies are going to stop doing them.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 6th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,564 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    All you have to do is like and share.

For some jam.

I'm just a football widow,
    3 matches a day fills me with dread,
    My fella keeps on ignoring me,
    So I'll enter this competition instead.
    This prize is better than football,
    And better than a big, heavy, shiny cup,
    If I was to win this competition, I would be completely made up
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 6th Jul 18, 3:58 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 61,142 Thanks
    hdh74
    All you have to do is like and share.

For some jam.

I'm just a football widow,
    3 matches a day fills me with dread,
    My fella keeps on ignoring me,
    So I'll enter this competition instead.
    This prize is better than football,
    And better than a big, heavy, shiny cup,
    If I was to win this competition, I would be completely made up
    Originally posted by strawberri_shortcake
    I bet that poem is all over the place lol
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 16th Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    • 19,233 Posts
    • 1,078,550 Thanks
    Daphne01
    You're supposed to enter by commenting with 3 emojis, any comments on your post invalidates your entry

(Some of them are just taking the p but some still post sob stories)

https://www.facebook.com/therange/photos/a.10150095608056386.274433.141550836385/10155324617431386/?type=3
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• Naiwarren
    • By Naiwarren 16th Jul 18, 2:32 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    Naiwarren
    That is so funny, they really are just going crazy with it on that one. I thought some of them were joking and then I realised that they weren't. I can clearly see my entry as it is just the emojis requested!
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 16th Jul 18, 9:35 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 7,513 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    No sob stories but idiots on a post plugging an in store freebie:

"It might not be coming home this weekend but 23 football heroes will be and we're welcoming them home by giving away Pride the Lion's in store on Saturday, while stocks last."

replies (after people pointing out footballs aren't heroes, esp compared to the cave rescuers, and the toys are unwanted stock leftover from the olympics) - "Would love to win this. So proud of the boys"
    "I love one to hug the toy despite England lost please"
    "Love to have your bear lovely prize to win I like and shared"

"I would love to win this for my granddaughter, she'd love it.xx"

plus variations on I'd love one yes please,

A day after the offer ended - "I would love one but I haven't heard any think back to get one"
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 17th Jul 18, 12:21 AM
    • 6,317 Posts
    • 20,164 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    It's amazing, and quite depressing how many thick people are out there.
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 17th Jul 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 7,513 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    Spotted on Kelloggs Love island comp - to enter you have to post a selfie with the promo pack

"It would be lovely to win a fridge magnet thank you Kelloggs. I have been eating Kelloggs all my life I am nearly 70 they are to me the best breakfast ever thank you. kelloggs x"
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 18th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    • 2,954 Posts
    • 18,950 Thanks
    Blueyez
    There is another The Range competition!
    2018 wins-12wins
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 26th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 7,513 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    Arrrgh - even SuperDeluxeEdition's niche music comps aren't immune.

Comp is a sign up/visit their sites via gleam random picked thing for a set of signed stuff & orchestral versions/& re- recordings by Flock Of Seagulls. Doesn't even ask you to comment on the blog to enter.

"Well, I bought a lottery ticket today for a half-billion jackpot, naturally the odds of winning are roughly one in half a billion so of course that didn’t work out. I assume my odds of winning this are therefore vastly more likely (unless SDE gets half a billion entries… )"

"Oh my gosh I love this band and still have I RAN in my top 20 of all time would be amazing to win"
    -
    "i hope i win this time

i never won anything in my life

so i don`t know how it feels"

-
    "Ooh, this is one I’d love to have! I never win anything though!"

"hello! let me win this competition)"

"Please let me win. I’d be ever so happy :-)"

"I would like to hear these if I win! Well, maybe not acapella versions. That just seems odd to me."

Off topic but funny cos it's true - "I see Mike Score has roughly signed the area of his head where the ‘classic’ hairstyle used to be!"
    • Skilos
    • By Skilos 26th Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 840 Posts
    • 10,298 Thanks
    Skilos
    Comp is a sign up/visit their sites via gleam random picked thing for a set of signed stuff & orchestral versions/& re- recordings by Flock Of Seagulls. Doesn't even ask you to comment on the blog to enter.

"Oh my gosh I love this band and still have I RAN in my top 20 of all time would be amazing to win"
    Originally posted by Jenna Appleseed
    That one's alright if we imagine it's not anything to do with their entry, just a general comment on the prize.
    Last edited by Skilos; 26-07-2018 at 4:46 PM.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 3rd Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    dontone
    Fat Face & EMP are running FB comps.

Everything from long hair, to various illnesses.

I'll let you read them in your own time........

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 4th Aug 18, 1:24 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,564 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    Another "all you need to do is 'like' this post"...

You know what's coming!

https://www.facebook.com/warrenjamesjewellers/photos/a.345461518860699.80021.255439484529570/2118759698197530/?type=3&theater
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 4th Aug 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 61,142 Thanks
    hdh74
    Sometimes I really itch to post a snarky comment on some of them. Not nice I know but I find them sooooo irritating.
    • wonderwallet
    • By wonderwallet 9th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    wonderwallet
    Just can't believe this - prize is £25 from Quidco - ask what's the best thing you've ever spent cashback on (winner selected at random)

" I have 2 brain diseases which arnt curable so the best thing I spent my cashback on was taking my husband away for the weekend and havin “us” time"

"Paracetamol. Someone who suffers from chronic headaches my last cashbook was used on pain meds."

"I did have enough to buy a memorial for my nephews grave. He passed away in December aged 14 following a road accident"

The last one was complete with photo of grave and a crying emoji !!!

• mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 11th Aug 18, 8:29 AM
    • 806 Posts
    • 9,635 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    Todays ending Very and littlewoods comp..Nice prize "Tell us why you deserve to win"
    Compers challenge 13/70
    £285/2018
    • dontone
    • By dontone 16th Aug 18, 4:23 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 13,576 Thanks
    dontone
    Dunno if any of you follow the Winners Lounge on FB, but they have announced the winner of a comp just now. Complete with the post that won them the prize.
    I don't grudge anybody a win (what is one of those btw?), but it's a prime example of what we are up against.
    Be Lucky.

• debskeay
    • By debskeay 18th Aug 18, 8:26 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    debskeay
    whats winners lounge ? i assume its a sob story what won it - i do a lot on twitter and have a nosey and some of the stuff people put doesn't half make me laugh . if they require an answer i put it but as succinct as poss as doesn't want to waste valuable comping time !!
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 18th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    • 2,954 Posts
    • 18,950 Thanks
    Blueyez
    sob stories have spread to instagram comps now.
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 18th Aug 18, 8:56 PM
    • 10,870 Posts
    • 1,031,451 Thanks
    grannybiker
    whats winners lounge ? i assume its a sob story what won it - i do a lot on twitter and have a nosey and some of the stuff people put doesn't half make me laugh . if they require an answer i put it but as succinct as poss as doesn't want to waste valuable comping time !!
    Originally posted by debskeay

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thewinnerslounge/

Some compers use loads of excited anticipation along with a host of ! and emojis. Guessing they C&P and vary it slightly for each comp they enter. It may seem innovative and original to the page running the competition, but we see it a lot as we flit between pages offering giveaways https://www.facebook.com/serenesilverjewellery/photos/a.302528423470208/847310412325337/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

7,737Users online

Martin's Twitter