Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenJcarroll
    • By stevenJcarroll 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    • 123Posts
    • 8,023Thanks
    stevenJcarroll
    Selling your soul to the devil
    • 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    Selling your soul to the devil 4th Aug 16 at 8:46 PM
    I've noticed over the last few months that comments on Facebook competitions seems to be getting quite intense. What I mean is the sob stories. e.g. Comment to win a toilet roll, I have only got six months to live and I've never won anything, thanks this awesome prize so generous of you and good luck everybody. Let's not forget the photos and the emojis.

On a serious note does any of these comments make a difference in whether you win or not???
Page 47
    • dontone
    • By dontone 9th Mar 18, 3:25 PM
    • 4,101 Posts
    • 12,469 Thanks
    dontone
    Just thought that I'd let you lot know that a certain chap who has a relative somewhere abroad has written himself into mythical comping folklore.....
    He's won something that some of you have been after for ages that is useful when frying fish. I hope you know what I mean and no-one complains about this post.
    There is hope for some of you yet.......
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • carriebradshaw
    • By carriebradshaw 20th Mar 18, 7:13 PM
    • 1,322 Posts
    • 3,519 Thanks
    carriebradshaw
    was so pleased to see this on a facebook comp today:

For a chance to win simply tell us why you deserve it...

(Easy on the sob stories, this isnít X-Factor!)
    • strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 2,512 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    W!!!128525;W!! What an Awesome prize guys! I Really want to win so I can treat my gorgeous girlfriend !!!128587;<3 I will cross my fingers!!!129310;, look for a 4 leaf clover!!!127808;, Pray !!!128591; to the stars above!!!11088;!!!65039;!!!10024;, Look into my Crystal Ball!!!128302;, Wear my lucky underwear!!!128089;, and rub my Magic 8 ball!!!127921;, all in the hope of winning !!!128513; Liked & Shared with pleasure !!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310; !!!129310;!!!129310; #itcouldbeME

Sweet baby Jesus...
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 12th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2,756 Posts
    • 18,574 Thanks
    Blueyez
    W!!!128525;W!! What an Awesome prize guys! I Really want to win so I can treat my gorgeous girlfriend !!!128587;<3 I will cross my fingers!!!129310;, look for a 4 leaf clover!!!127808;, Pray !!!128591; to the stars above!!!11088;!!!65039;!!!10024;, Look into my Crystal Ball!!!128302;, Wear my lucky underwear!!!128089;, and rub my Magic 8 ball!!!127921;, all in the hope of winning !!!128513; Liked & Shared with pleasure !!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310;!!!129310; !!!129310;!!!129310; #itcouldbeME

Sweet baby Jesus...
    Originally posted by strawberri_shortcake
    I'm getting a headache just looking at that! Lucky underwear!? what is the prize?
    2018 wins-Sweet hamper:Gift Bundle:Stabilo stationery: Derwent pencils&pens
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th Apr 18, 7:46 PM
    • 4,101 Posts
    • 12,469 Thanks
    dontone
    I'm getting a headache just looking at that! Lucky underwear!? what is the prize?
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    I wonder if he keeps his crystal & lucky 8 ball in his lucky underwear.
    I'll leave the rest to everyone's imagination before I get into trouble.....
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 13th Apr 18, 11:05 AM
    • 210 Posts
    • 2,512 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    I remember it was something mundane that I didn't enter. Probably a sandwich or something.
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 13th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 302,560 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    Is it even a guy posting it?
    I reckon that's a female, and yup, I'm being totally sexist
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • dontone
    • By dontone 13th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 4,101 Posts
    • 12,469 Thanks
    dontone
    I remember it was something mundane that I didn't enter. Probably a sandwich or something.
    Originally posted by strawberri_shortcake
    It depends what was in the sandwich though. If it had something like brown sauce on it, you really can't call that mundane
    Be Lucky

• Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 6th May 18, 4:22 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 2,324 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Really not sure what drives me madder, The Sob Stories, the unbelievable grovelling 'I would be so honoured and privileged to win this amazing kind generous prize' or the annoying gifs that people post!

I'm just becoming a moany old woman (and I don't care!) Pass the Gin please
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th May 18, 5:30 PM
    • 2,756 Posts
    • 18,574 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Really not sure what drives me madder, The Sob Stories, the unbelievable grovelling 'I would be so honoured and privileged to win this amazing kind generous prize' or the annoying gifs that people post!

I'm just becoming a moany old woman (and I don't care!) Pass the Gin please
    Originally posted by Donnylover
    The endless photos of peoples kids and 'how special they are' really annoy me. Also people commenting on other peoples entries "I'm not entering because I want this person to win!" "This person should win" And the ultimate "I never win anything, like ever. Don't know why I'm entering this because I know I won't win" - "OMG!!, I can't believe I actually won, I like never win anything ever!" Insert emoji overload...Share the Gin?
    Last edited by Blueyez; 06-05-2018 at 5:39 PM.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 6th May 18, 7:25 PM
    • 4,101 Posts
    • 12,469 Thanks
    dontone
    There was a live FB comp t'other day for flights to America.
    All you have to say was something like '#flightsusa' or something. Anyway, some of them didn't bother with that, instead it was -
    'be nice to win so I can go away after my chemo'
    'been very ill, would love to win'
    'Would love to win, eight months preggers, so be nice after I've had my baby'
    Stuff like that. Why don't they do what is asked of them? Copy & paste, fgs!! it's easy!!!.*
    Be Lucky.

*btw, I'm surprised after going through all that, there was still gin left. I thought I'd drank it all!!

• Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 2,756 Posts
    • 18,574 Thanks
    Blueyez
    There was a live FB comp t'other day for flights to America.
    All you have to say was something like '#flightsusa' or something. Anyway, some of them didn't bother with that, instead it was -
    'be nice to win so I can go away after my chemo'
    'been very ill, would love to win'
    'Would love to win, eight months preggers, so be nice after I've had my baby'
    Stuff like that. Why don't they do what is asked of them? Copy & paste, fgs!! it's easy!!!.*
    Be Lucky.

*btw, I'm surprised after going through all that, there was still gin left. I thought I'd drank it all!!
    Originally posted by dontone
    Oh, wow! some stuff is so cringy. Something else I really hate is they will post their sob story, illness/pregnancy/dead relative/children and then they will comment on their post with the answer to the comp, like it was an after thought! they get so carried away on their audition for who's got the worst life that they don't read the instructions.
    • GeeBee38
    • By GeeBee38 6th May 18, 8:51 PM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 138,098 Thanks
    GeeBee38
    The comments on the winadinner site are pathetic, really annoying!

I have just added an extension on my google chrome, called "shut up" it's great, i can't see comments anywhere anymore
    • geminilady
    • By geminilady 14th May 18, 3:17 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 7,322 Thanks
    geminilady
    The prize a little bar of chocolate
    For my Beautiful sister.who is a full time carer in palliative care.has a husband who is on home dialysis and also checks on my single brother who has cerebal attaxia daily.all as well as running a home and being the kindest most loving person I know
    To her own children and grandchildren
    As well as txt me daily as I lve 300 miles
    • lemonade11
    • By lemonade11 15th May 18, 8:58 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    lemonade11
    In most cases due to ASA rules, surely winners will be chosen at random, unless otherwise stated. I actually find the sob stories really annoying - especially ones around Mothers Day etc as I have lost my Mum but don't feel the need to try and 'play' on it in an attempt to win something.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,544Posts Today

8,670Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin