Back in debt but not out

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello
    I was just wondering yesterday how you were.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    You are so on the ball I love it :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Morning,

Well today hasn't gone exactly how I thought it would.

Had a car accident this morning with a pedestrian :( basics of it, drove to an area I've never been to before, came round a bend saw the crossing and the lights on red too late. The young lass hit the side of my car. No blood, but ambulance called as she hit her head and her arm. Few minor dents on my car. I feel sooooo bad!! I wasn't speeding, just didn't see her.

Police are charging me with driving with undue care & attention and for failing to stop at a red light. Which is fair. Probably get a ticket due to stopping in a yellow box and on double red lines to boot.

Reported to the insurers, just got to wait now.

Feel like such a horrible person.
  • Oh no I'm so sorry you must be shaken up, it's so horrible when you are concentrating so much on getting into the right lane, direction etc. that those other things to look out for can get missed.

Is there anyone with you that you can have a good cuppa with?

I hope the Police are more understanding xx
  • Oh no I'm so sorry you must be shaken up, it's so horrible when you are concentrating so much on getting into the right lane, direction etc. that those other things to look out for can get missed.

Is there anyone with you that you can have a good cuppa with?

I hope the Police are more understanding xx

I'm better now, got a banging headache though.

I'm at home, it's nice and quiet. Will probably have a gin later.

The police were great TBH, they explained everything and why they had to caution me. One of them even said that it has happened to them.
  • This day gets worse. Because it flagged up that DH has a SP30 & he's a named driver on my policy, my insurance has lept up today. God knows how much it'll go up by once the police send me through their letter.

I want to go back to bed!
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What a horrible day :( I hope the insurance doesn't go up too much.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day! I completely understand how you feel and am sending lots of virtual hugs. Some things have been going on here that I won't go into but it always comes as a shock when stuff like this happens and I am totally unprepared for it and how suddenly your life can be turned sideways. I've been tempted to break into the alcohol too but it effects me so badly afterwards that I always regret it and feel even worse than when I started.

I hope things work out ok and you are feeling a bit better! xx
  • Thanks lovelies :)

I've rung the police this evening to ask how the young lass is. It's the least I can do. I still feel like a horrible person, but as much as I go over it, it was an accident nothing more.

In other matters, we are gathering information to progress the house move and to try and sort out the finances when we've moved.

Not much else to report.
  • Morning,

Going to start 2017 over again and draw a line under yesterday. What'll happen, will still happen regardless, but this diary is supposed to motivate me/us to getting rid of the debt.

NSD number 5 yesterday and aiming for another one today.

Got my lunch for work, so don't need to buy any.

Hoping that the trains behave and I can get into work ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure