Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Aug 16, 2:54 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback
    • 1st Aug 16, 2:54 PM
    Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback 1st Aug 16 at 2:54 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Affect Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:17 PM.
Page 3
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 18th Aug 17, 9:57 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Paulee
    Excellent!
    I've used many energy companies over the years, always looking for the best deal, some have been dreadful and others, not bad. I moved to Affect in January and after a couple of months also moved my mother to them as well. To date they are the best energy company I have been with and I've been delighted with their customer service. Just hoping that this continues and that I get a good deal when my fixed tariff ends in Feb '18
    • Pete_Harman
    • By Pete_Harman 11th Oct 17, 1:38 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Pete_Harman
    I moved to Affect Energy in February, on their 12-month fixed rate. They are a great company to deal with (their phone is answered by a REAL PERSON who is polite and helpful), the switch went through without problems. The only downside is that they don't support smart meters yet, so my British Gas monitor sits unlit on the shelf and I have to give monthly readings through their website. Overall would recommend them.
    • kaz21again
    • By kaz21again 15th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kaz21again
    Positive recommendation
    I too switched to Affect last March. Switch process was easy and Affect handled it properly. Old supplier proved true to experience and took until June (3 phone calls and several emails later) to work out final bill in spite of Affect giving the meter reading on date of switch. I cannot fault Affect to date. Would recommend them totally.
    • Annieddiva
    • By Annieddiva 29th Oct 17, 5:32 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Annieddiva
    Fantastic!
    We moved to Affect Energy in May and everything went smoothly and get email reminders to take a monthly meter reading. Plus I recently got in touch as I thought it might be better to switch to a different rate, and got a really easy to understand reply - I'm truly loving this company, and love that you can do it all online, unlike my experience with SSE as my postcode is known as a PES border postcode,
    this means that the postcode borders 2 different supply areas so they won't let me do changes online, unlike Affect Energy!

• Frugaljack
    • By Frugaljack 5th Nov 17, 12:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Frugaljack
    Efficient people
    I switched to Affect when the MSE fix with British Gas ran out in February and everything has gone smoothly. They are refreshing people to deal with. The only thing I do not like (though it is common practice) is that although I give them meter readings every month, they charge me a twelfth of their estimated annual bill, instead of the bill for my actual usage, as British Gas did. The result is that they currently hold £580 of my money, which I would prefer to be in my own bank account! I'll have to see what deal they offer me when the contract runs out next February.
    • nickwill2803
    • By nickwill2803 6th Nov 17, 7:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    nickwill2803
    Efficient People
    Hi Frugaljack
    Have a word with the support crew about cutting your monthly DD and ask for a refund of some or all of your overpayment, be aware though that as the weather gets colder your usage may rise so you may want to keep some credit on your account.
    • m0bov
    • By m0bov 16th Nov 17, 5:54 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    m0bov
    Looks like i might be moving to them soon!
    • Peter O
    • By Peter O 29th Nov 17, 5:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Peter O
    Excellent! I'm renewing with Affect Energy for a second year
    I have just renewed with Affect Energy for another 12 months and I'm on the Fixed Saver October 2018 tariff - one of the cheapest quoted by the MSE Cheap Energy Club in October 2017.
    Highly recommended.

• tecstar
    • By tecstar 4th Dec 17, 8:24 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tecstar
    I have just renewed with Affect Energy for another 12 months and I'm on the Fixed Saver October 2018 tariff - one of the cheapest quoted by the MSE Cheap Energy Club in October 2017.
    Highly recommended.

Originally posted by Peter O
    I am hoping their tariff stays low so I will also renew in a coupel of months. Very happy customer.
    • tecstar
    • By tecstar 17th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tecstar
    I am coming up for renewal and a quick check shows a small saving to be made, but I think I might stick with Affect as i have been very pleased with their service this year. Anyone else?
    • craigr98
    • By craigr98 18th Jan 18, 6:17 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    craigr98
    I am coming up for renewal and a quick check shows a small saving to be made, but I think I might stick with Affect as i have been very pleased with their service this year. Anyone else?
    Originally posted by tecstar
    I got my renewal email yesterday and they still seem fairly cheap, although prices have gone up, have been looking at the unit rates. I was considering switching to Bulb Energy, they are cheaper for gas but not electricity when compared to Affect.
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 18th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Paulee
    I switched to Affect 12 months ago, also moved my mum and recommended them to all of our friends. After years of crap suppliers they're a breath of fresh air and I'm very pleased with their service. My renewal has come through, offering their Fixed January'19v2. It has gone up, but I never did choose them because they are the cheapest. The only other supplier to consider for me is Avro, fixed 12 months, this works out £119/yr cheaper and has a high customer rating of 73%. I think that I will stay with Affect, but I'm considering moving because it's in my money saving nature. What do you think?
    • tecstar
    • By tecstar 18th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tecstar
    I switched to Affect 12 months ago, also moved my mum and recommended them to all of our friends. After years of crap suppliers they're a breath of fresh air and I'm very pleased with their service. My renewal has come through, offering their Fixed January'19v2. It has gone up, but I never did choose them because they are the cheapest. The only other supplier to consider for me is Avro, fixed 12 months, this works out £119/yr cheaper and has a high customer rating of 73%. I think that I will stay with Affect, but I'm considering moving because it's in my money saving nature. What do you think?
    Originally posted by Paulee
    I'm tempted to stay unless someone like Avro has a high enough rating. I might check them out but I have no qualms in staying with Affect for £119.
    • cdm20
    • By cdm20 3rd Feb 18, 6:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cdm20
    Great service
    I switched to Affect energy in March last year. They were a tad more expensive than some, but the feedback made me give them a shot. I'm glad I did.

Two days after I arranged the switch, Affect energy released an even cheaper tariff. I sent them a quick email asking if I could switch to that tariff instead. I got a response in less than an hour saying that would be no problem, and a few minutes after that I received my new tariff details.

As the year progressed, I noticed I was building up a bit of credit in the account, primarily due to using less energy than predicted. I sent a quick email asking if some of it could be refunded and/or if the direct debit could be reduced. Again, I got a response within the hour saying they would do both, so I got a refund within 24 hours and my direct debit reduced.

So, in my limited contact with them, I have nothing but praise. So much so, that I'm considering remaining with them come the end of February, even though there are cheaper suppliers out there this year. I'll be keeping a close eye on the tariffs in the next few weeks, but in terms of service they could take some beating.
    • MPHodson
    • By MPHodson 13th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MPHodson
    Excellent
    I joined about 12 months ago. Switch went smoothly. Spoke to friendly, real and interested people with a query which was dealt with properly. Very simple and user friendly web pages to enter your readings monthly - and get an understandable statement a few days later. Not the very cheapest when I do a comparison - but I've opted to stay as they deserve it!
    • craigr98
    • By craigr98 14th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    craigr98
    I had an issue whereby my gas readings were going through as estimated even though I had given them readings. They responded to my email within about 4 hours and a new revised bill was done. Excellent customer service.
    I am on fixed until January 2019, would have preferred it being fixed for 12 months but I guess that was only what was on offer at the time?
    • Chrishazle
    • By Chrishazle 14th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    Chrishazle
    Also very happy with the past 12 months with Affect, got my renewal email yesterday (my fix runs out 31 March) and intend to stay with them. Customer service has been first class. Found in their T&C's that, if you elect to renew, your new tariff will start the day after your current tariff ends, and that their fix tariffs always run to the end of a month even if you switch mid month - I switched 17 March 17 but my current tariff runs to 31 March 18.
    • _Kismet
    • By _Kismet 11th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    _Kismet
    Just switched away from Affect after 12 months with them. They were great and only left because another supplier had a lower cost tariff. I'm very good with giving regular meter readings so an online account facility is crucial and I've had no problem with theirs. I'm wishing I hadn't left Affect. The new supplier's website is refusing my gas meter readings...
    • rogerW
    • By rogerW 25th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rogerW
    Been with Affect for a year, no problems during this time, always get a remainder to enter meter readings which I like to do on a monthly basis. now looking to change as new tariffs are not good
    • Quidzin
    • By Quidzin 9th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Quidzin
    Renewal coming up at end of April and its looking like i'll be reluctantly leaving Affect. New tariff is quite a way off the cheapest now. I've had no problems at all during the last year and would recommend Affect to anyone thinking of signing up.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

63Posts Today

2,475Users online

Martin's Twitter