Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grahamdi
    • By grahamdi 25th Jul 16, 9:54 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    grahamdi
    Delta Capital Markets a con?
    • 25th Jul 16, 9:54 AM
    Delta Capital Markets a con? 25th Jul 16 at 9:54 AM
    Hi
    Has anyone heard or used Delta Capital Markets ?

Have just been looking through my late fathers details and find that he has subscribed and deposited monies into this. There doesn't seem to be that easy to withdraw his funds from it.

Regards
    Graham
Page 2
    • badger09
    • By badger09 26th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 5,945 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    badger09
    An update for those who are interested, I contacted Lloyds bank who I have identified as the bank used by these people; they are looking into he activity on this account.
    Originally posted by mikemycroft
    Really? On what basis?
    • mikemycroft
    • By mikemycroft 27th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mikemycroft
    Hi I assume you are referring to the fact that why would a bank monitor an account base on hearsay from a non customer, and you are correct, I rang them again today and spoke to a different advisor who was much more frank in telling me he could not do anything without some involvement with the police. He did verify the account was with a Lloyds branch but that was it, and I knew that already.
    • Idrisdog
    • By Idrisdog 30th Oct 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Idrisdog
    Yes I've lost a lot of money
    I've also been conned by these people I've lost a lot of money they keep moving the date that I can withdraw the very little that is remaining and they are syphoning it off at a huge rate so there will be nothing left . I've reported them to action fraud but they are not governed by the FCA. I can't believe I've been so stupid with my money I'm gutted
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 30th Oct 17, 10:52 PM
    • 9,438 Posts
    • 10,442 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    There never was !!!8220;anything remaining!!!8221;. From the day you put your money in, it was lost.
    • stangrr
    • By stangrr 9th Feb 18, 12:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stangrr
    Their website is "under construction", the support email address doesn't work and the contact number has been disconnected. Case closed!
    • Upstart
    • By Upstart 14th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Upstart
    As most of you have probably found out by now, the website is no longer working and the phones are unanswered. Looks like they have simply gone with the money - almost immediately after the new financial regs on binary ops came in. Recovery hopes are virtually non existent in my opinion.
    • stangrr
    • By stangrr 6th May 18, 10:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stangrr
    DCM: Action Fraud
    Did you get anywhere with Action Fraud?
    I logged with them and eventually they referred to the Police but I got a letter saying that there was no evidence to take this further. Company disappears with your money = no evidence? I will respond to the police.
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 8th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 6,253 Posts
    • 4,503 Thanks
    Reaper
    Did you get anywhere with Action Fraud?
    I logged with them and eventually they referred to the Police but I got a letter saying that there was no evidence to take this further. Company disappears with your money = no evidence? I will respond to the police.
    Originally posted by stangrr
    I'm afraid the reality is only a tiny number of online scams are ever investigated, even those where the people involved can be traced (which is rare) and they operate from the UK (also rare). If enough people report one and there is evidence they are part of a prolific gang then they just might so it is worth reporting scams to allow them to build up a picture of what is going on, but not with the expectation of seeing any of your money again.

Sorry, but that's the harsh truth.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/11812377/Victim-of-fraud-Why-the-authorities-WONT-investigate.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

553Posts Today

5,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin