Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Sam M
    • By Former MSE Sam M 19th Jul 16, 10:47 AM
    • 238Posts
    • 159Thanks
    Former MSE Sam M
    MoneySaving Poll: Are you going on holiday this summer?
    • 19th Jul 16, 10:47 AM
    MoneySaving Poll: Are you going on holiday this summer? 19th Jul 16 at 10:47 AM
    Poll started 19 July 2016

Are you going on holiday this summer?

The big summer getaway is about to begin. Yet will you be one of those, are you planning to go at a different time of year or will you not be going at all?

What are your summer holiday plans (if youíve more than one holiday planned, answer for the main one)?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
Page 1
    • G6JPG
    • By G6JPG 20th Jul 16, 12:06 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    G6JPG
    • 20th Jul 16, 12:06 PM
    Why no overall results? (Not specific to this poll)
    • 20th Jul 16, 12:06 PM
    In all recent MSE polls, the poll is broken down into relevant categories: for the holiday one, single man, single woman, etc., for other polls equally suitable categories.
    \\
    Then, the results are presented - again, broken down by the categories used.
    \\
    Is there any reason why there's not an overall graph (yes, I know it's really a histogram) that adds up the individual categories? I'm pretty sure there used to be. (So for the holiday one - there'd be one for single men, showing how many taking holdays now, how many later, how many not, and so on; there'd be one for single women, showing the same things; and one overall one, still showing the same breakdown.)
    • Tammykitty
    • By Tammykitty 20th Jul 16, 12:12 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    Tammykitty
    • 20th Jul 16, 12:12 PM
    • 20th Jul 16, 12:12 PM
    I don't like this poll.

The options are:

I am a woman in a family (ie: Single/Couple with Dependent kids)

I am woman with living with my partner

A couple with no kids is also a family, as is a coupe/single with grown up children.
    • sheppertonsound
    • By sheppertonsound 20th Jul 16, 3:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sheppertonsound
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:30 PM
    Holiday Poll flawed!
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:30 PM
    Why does the MSE poll only ask about Summer holidays? Many people deliberately go away in Spring or Autumn, when 'kids' are back at school, whilst others go skiing in the Winter. I was completely unable to answer any of the options in this poll, which will probably apply to the majority of forum members.
    • Former MSE Sam M
    • By Former MSE Sam M 20th Jul 16, 3:51 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Former MSE Sam M
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:51 PM
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:51 PM
    Why does the MSE poll only ask about Summer holidays? Many people deliberately go away in Spring or Autumn, when 'kids' are back at school, whilst others go skiing in the Winter. I was completely unable to answer any of the options in this poll, which will probably apply to the majority of forum members.
    Originally posted by sheppertonsound
    Thanks for your feedback. You may feel your answer falls within this poll option: "Iíll have my holiday after the summer (later in the year)".
    • Former MSE Sam M
    • By Former MSE Sam M 20th Jul 16, 3:54 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Former MSE Sam M
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:54 PM
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:54 PM
    I don't like this poll.

The options are:

I am a woman in a family (ie: Single/Couple with Dependent kids)

I am woman with living with my partner

A couple with no kids is also a family, as is a coupe/single with grown up children.
    Originally posted by Tammykitty
    Thanks for your feedback. We changed the wording of the poll categories from the previous week's poll that had similar categories due to some single parent families feeling excluded and will take yours into consideration for future polls.
    • Former MSE Sam M
    • By Former MSE Sam M 20th Jul 16, 3:56 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Former MSE Sam M
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:56 PM
    • 20th Jul 16, 3:56 PM
    In all recent MSE polls, the poll is broken down into relevant categories: for the holiday one, single man, single woman, etc., for other polls equally suitable categories.
    \\
    Then, the results are presented - again, broken down by the categories used.
    \\
    Is there any reason why there's not an overall graph (yes, I know it's really a histogram) that adds up the individual categories? I'm pretty sure there used to be. (So for the holiday one - there'd be one for single men, showing how many taking holdays now, how many later, how many not, and so on; there'd be one for single women, showing the same things; and one overall one, still showing the same breakdown.)
    Originally posted by G6JPG
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass it onto our Technical team.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 20th Jul 16, 4:56 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 1,355 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 20th Jul 16, 4:56 PM
    • 20th Jul 16, 4:56 PM
    I'm not single but I don't live with my partner, which box do I tick?
    • lkmc01
    • By lkmc01 21st Jul 16, 9:14 AM
    • 957 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    lkmc01
    • 21st Jul 16, 9:14 AM
    • 21st Jul 16, 9:14 AM
    Still no box for me to tick. We (family of 4) went abroad on holiday for 2 weeks a few months ago and we are having a holiday camping during the 6 weeks holidays too.
    • Kered
    • By Kered 22nd Jul 16, 8:59 AM
    • 3,448 Posts
    • 18,977 Thanks
    Kered
    Looking doubtful for any kind of holiday this year but possibly very early next year instead
    (so much for retirement, I am working more hours now than I did before I retired)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,747Posts Today

7,586Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• RT @Screeeeamer: @dwlstacey @MartinSLewis @TUIUK Dear mr Stacy, I need to let you know of a slight amendment to the Porsche 911 you ordered?

• Follow Martin