Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • markray007
    • By markray007 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    • 192Posts
    • 68Thanks
    markray007
    Music Magpie - Warning
    • 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    Music Magpie - Warning 12th Jul 16 at 11:57 PM
    I sent MM a working HTC phone. I couldnt check emails for a time. I now find they have offered me £7 instead of £75 ish. Because i didn't reply within 4 days I have lost my working HTC and £65. Apparently it had screen burn???? Currently raising a complaint as I believe that their T and Cs are appalling and put consumers at a distinct disadvantage, particularly when expecting customers to respond to electronic communication within 4 days. Won't be recommending MM or using them again, feel completely ripped off....lets hope they respond to my complaint within 45 seconds, as that was in my T and C's!!!
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
Page 3
    • Cloud932
    • By Cloud932 6th Jul 18, 8:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cloud932
    I was quoted £85 for my Xperia XZ, just been told it was water damaged and they're offering £5!

It's never been near water or even had water spilt on it! It's an absolute bloody farce, not only that but the XZ's are waterproof.

Load of con artists.
    • thegame123
    • By thegame123 16th Jul 18, 11:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thegame123
    Scammers
    What an absolute disgrace. I sent a phone, a ps3 and some games. Supposed to be same day payment. Delivered on the Thursday morning, nothing happens until Friday. Obviously not same day. First they say there were scratches on the screen (there were no scratches and it had a screen protector on at all times and in a wallet case) and took £50 off the value. Then when I begrudgingly accepted nothing happened for 4 days so I went on chat and was asked if I sent the PS3. Yes I did, well apparently they have lost it (I do not believe a word of that) and they would now need to start an investigation which will take 48 hours. Called up to speak to a manager, apparently their managers are mutes who cannot take calls, but was told nothing I could do and wait for the investigation. After some back and forth, he spoke to his mute manager to must have used smoke signals to say he will bypass the investigation and make payment. No email or anything to say they could not locate the PS3 and they just do not give a damn. Scamming company. I would rather throw the lot in the river than deals with these charlatans again. -100 stars would be too good for these idiots.
    • thrifty_pete
    • By thrifty_pete 24th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    thrifty_pete
    Are the MM prices ever better than if you ebayed it? The hassle probably isn't much different, you're cutting out the middle man. All the phones I've sold on ebay reached very high prices, much more than I'd be willing to pay!
    • RyanPym
    • By RyanPym 29th Aug 18, 8:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RyanPym
    Trust the reviews, Music Magpie is a scam
    Just Joined this forum to echo the comments from previous posters,

I sent an immaculate iMac for sale £230. Received an email offering me £44 due to a damaged case.

When I queried the damage I was sent pictures of a bent up computer. And asked to prove it wasnít damaged in that way when I sent it. I had pictures of the basics (screen / keyboard / mouse / packaging etc..) however none of the metal back. Therefore claim was refused.

I have had the item returned however the mouse was not included and I am now left with a knackered computer and no compensation. Absolutely disgusting that they have done this and had the cheek to relinquish any responsibility. I didnít bother with eBay as it this seemed like less hassle, however I couldnít have been more wrong.

I wish I had read some of the reviewers here first. My advice would be to avoid at all costs, however if you insist on using them, ensure you photograph absolutely everything, even the unimaginable damage, as I am sure they will come up with new ways to vandalise peopleís goods to get a better price.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 29th Aug 18, 9:17 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 4,693 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    We tried to sell some cds on mm. Most didn't register, and the rest only rated 20p each. We gave the whole lot to a charity shop.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 30th Aug 18, 8:34 AM
    • 32,565 Posts
    • 20,488 Thanks
    DCFC79

I sent an immaculate iMac for sale £230. Received an email offering me £44 due to a damaged case.

When I queried the damage I was sent pictures of a bent up computer. And asked to prove it wasn’t damaged in that way when I sent it. I had pictures of the basics (screen / keyboard / mouse / packaging etc..) however none of the metal back. Therefore claim was refused.

I have had the item returned however the mouse was not included and I am now left with a knackered computer and no compensation. Absolutely disgusting that they have done this and had the cheek to relinquish any responsibility. I didn’t bother with eBay as it this seemed like less hassle, however I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I wish I had read some of the reviewers here first. My advice would be to avoid at all costs, however if you insist on using them, ensure you photograph absolutely everything, even the unimaginable damage, as I am sure they will come up with new ways to vandalise people’s goods to get a better price.
    Originally posted by RyanPym
    Why would you not use facebook to put it on 1 of the selling groups.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 30-08-2018 at 8:39 AM.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 30th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 3,008 Posts
    • 4,104 Thanks
    JReacher1

When I queried the damage I was sent pictures of a bent up computer. And asked to prove it wasnít damaged in that way when I sent it. I had pictures of the basics (screen / keyboard / mouse / packaging etc..) however none of the metal back. Therefore claim was refused.

I have had the item returned however the mouse was not included and I am now left with a knackered computer and no compensation. Absolutely disgusting that they have done this and had the cheek to relinquish any responsibility. I didnít bother with eBay as it this seemed like less hassle, however I couldnít have been more wrong.

I wish I had read some of the reviewers here first. My advice would be to avoid at all costs, however if you insist on using them, ensure you photograph absolutely everything, even the unimaginable damage, as I am sure they will come up with new ways to vandalise peopleís goods to get a better price.
    Originally posted by RyanPym
    Why do you think music magpie would deliberately damage your iMac? It makes no business sense at all. Much more likely is that there was an issue with how you sent it.
    • ivavoucher
    • By ivavoucher 4th Sep 18, 11:32 AM
    • 462 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    ivavoucher
    Why do you think music magpie would deliberately damage your iMac? It makes no business sense at all. Much more likely is that there was an issue with how you sent it.
    Originally posted by JReacher1
    Do any of the posts on here promote the idea that they have any business sense?

They sound like a bunch of unscrupulous thieves to me and spiteful ones at that.
    • kay0601
    • By kay0601 6th Sep 18, 9:41 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    kay0601
    I've sold three lots of cds and dvds. Don't get a huge amount for them but pennies are better than nothing. Also sold them a pile of 360 games with no issues so I'd use again. Maybe not for a phone given these reviews though
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,609Posts Today

6,992Users online

Martin's Twitter