Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • markray007
    • By markray007 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    • 192Posts
    • 68Thanks
    markray007
    Music Magpie - Warning
    • 12th Jul 16, 11:57 PM
    Music Magpie - Warning 12th Jul 16 at 11:57 PM
    I sent MM a working HTC phone. I couldnt check emails for a time. I now find they have offered me 7 instead of 75 ish. Because i didn't reply within 4 days I have lost my working HTC and 65. Apparently it had screen burn???? Currently raising a complaint as I believe that their T and Cs are appalling and put consumers at a distinct disadvantage, particularly when expecting customers to respond to electronic communication within 4 days. Won't be recommending MM or using them again, feel completely ripped off....lets hope they respond to my complaint within 45 seconds, as that was in my T and C's!!!
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
Page 2
    • LJI1976
    • By LJI1976 14th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LJI1976
    I bought a s6 edge of these in June last year and it came with a slight screenburn see this post here

hotukdeals.com/dea320 the very last reply.

Anyways I recently managed to pick a s8 up for 300 so it was time for it to be sold and would you know it Music Magpie were offering 123 whichwas the best price so sent it off Tuesday and received an email about screenburn and was offered 33!

I was straight on the phone and explained it was sold to me like this and if you check the previous emails to them just after I bought it you'd sed I was complaining about screenburn and if it was to get any worse could I send it back under warranty.

She said it was lines down the screen which has me worried hoping it still in the same condition, she said she'd forward the pictures (from the warehouse) in an email which I didn't receive I rang up at 4.30 and it shut at 5... And she'd also refuse the offer which hasn't been done as I can still refuse or accept the offer so going to have to ring again tomorrow but she's opened the warranty issue on a email.

Here's the fun part she said I have to get the phone back to me then send it back to them for the warranty for them to take 7 days to replace the handset for me then to send it back to them to sell! What a faff on!

Tbh if it comes back in the condition I sent it to them I'll cut my loses and do a quick sale of 100 bound to get that.

But I've been well and truly put off selling to MM!
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 25th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Terrible experience both selling and buying, I will never use them again. Pristine item sent in, they reduced the offer massively, and when I questioned they sent a picture of a device with significant damage.
    Originally posted by NJR01
    I didn't know they were a known mser company.
    I'll post SE anyway what I know is it's mint condition at less than 1 year use.
    I could have went o2 again though this SE isn;t holding up particularly well in recycle value.
    Some decent music M revo reviews some shocking revo reviews.
    Hopefully it works well and they honour the quoted 130 as I've since unlocked it to raise price from 90to130 as mentioned on their site.
    Thanks I shall report maybe next week all going well
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2018-Virgin Money E-saver V11 -250+50 uk pounds per month
    • aninvasion
    • By aninvasion 25th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    aninvasion
    Sounds dodgy as! Used Mazuma Mobile back in the day but we tend to trade in our phones now when we upgrade.
    • QueensGreene50
    • By QueensGreene50 25th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    QueensGreene50
    I've only ever had positive experiences with Music Magpie personally, but I've sent nothing of serious value yet. I think I'd prefer to sell anything worth over 50+ via eBay or something, I feel like you won't get the full worth on MM.
    • d123
    • By d123 25th Mar 18, 10:34 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    Sounds dodgy as! Used Mazuma Mobile back in the day but we tend to trade in our phones now when we upgrade.
    Originally posted by aninvasion
    I've sold my last few phones using Gumtree, make a little bit more and no issues of hoping they pay out properly.
    ====
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 27th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    1st home printed delivery label which actually scanned at local p.o.
    Straight home from work to bank then p.o. all for 17.07 from 16:30 finish and few miles drive.
    SE packed and away to music m via printed RM48hr delivery-no cost.
    Might not leave until tomorrow I'd think Fri latest it should be with Music M.
    Running into eater so not reasonably expecting payment until after Easter weekend.
    Hope this is honoured as it's a few quid to return to credit card.
    • d123
    • By d123 27th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    1st home printed delivery label which actually scanned at local p.o.
    Straight home from work to bank then p.o. all for 17.07 from 16:30 finish and few miles drive.
    SE packed and away to music m via printed RM48hr delivery-no cost.
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    Im not sure I'd have relied on an untracked 2nd class service to send a parcel valued at 130. This is a common complaint across all the companies of parcels allegedly failing to arrive or not being able to found.

For the sake of pennies you should have at the very least paid the difference for a signature (I would have paid for Special Delivery or a service with at least sufficient compensation to cover its value).

Hopefully your parcel is one of those that doesn't have any problems enroute or on arrival.
    ====
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 27th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Im not sure I'd have relied on an untracked 2nd class service to send a parcel valued at 130. This is a common complaint across all the companies of parcels allegedly failing to arrive or not being able to found.

For the sake of pennies you should have at the very least paid the difference for a signature (I would have paid for Special Delivery or a service with at least sufficient compensation to cover its value).

Hopefully your parcel is one of those that doesn't have any problems enroute or on arrival.
    Originally posted by d123
    SE posted anyway-not tracked though at least scanned in local p.o. I have certificate of posting. Let's hope it arrived as requested.
    • d123
    • By d123 27th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    SE posted anyway-not tracked though at least scanned in local p.o. I have certificate of posting. Let's hope it arrived as requested.
    Certificate of posting entitles you to 20 compensation in the event of loss/damage. You'll never know if it actually arrived in the event of any issues.

I'll just wish you good luck and hope you're one of the lucky ones.
    ====
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Certificate of posting entitles you to 20 compensation in the event of loss/damage. You'll never know if it actually arrived in the event of any issues.

I'll just wish you good luck and hope you're one of the lucky ones.
    Originally posted by d123
    20 is probably more than they'll end up with from Music Magpie anyway.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 28th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 8,705 Posts
    • 6,481 Thanks
    pmduk
    I'd think Fri latest it should be with Music M.
    No post will arrive anywhere on Friday as it's Good Friday.
    • d123
    • By d123 28th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    20 is probably more than they'll end up with from Music Magpie anyway.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    LOL

You shouldn't even joke like that
    ====
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 28th Mar 18, 7:44 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    I'm going to enjoy some of these comments if I get the last laugh.
    Only joking -this time I thought there was a considerable difference from o2 73 v Music m 130
    At least I appreciate what Easter means and I'm prepared for max 7 days as menioned ny Music m.
    In addition to negative revo reviews there are 1 or 2 positive reviews.
    Parcel was going to leave last night if posssible or today if I was too late.
    I think it could arrive by Thurs all going well.
    • d123
    • By d123 28th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    I'm going to enjoy some of these comments if I get the last laugh.
    Only joking -this time I thought there was a considerable difference from o2 73 v Music m 130
    At least I appreciate what Easter means and I'm prepared for max 7 days as menioned ny Music m.
    In addition to negative revo reviews there are 1 or 2 positive reviews.
    Parcel was going to leave last night if posssible or today if I was too late.
    I think it could arrive by Thurs all going well.
    If it goes smoothly it could possibly be there on Tuesday.
    ====
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 30th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Some progress e-mail rec' 01:33 from Music m

As your items arrived before 2pm, we'll issue payment today. As you chose to get paid by bank transfer, this will clear in your account the following working day!
    • Oled1977
    • By Oled1977 30th Mar 18, 1:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Oled1977
    Thank you for sharing this, to at least alarm everyone. That's really a bad experience.
    • d123
    • By d123 30th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    d123
    Some progress e-mail rec' 01:33 from Music m

As your items arrived before 2pm, we'll issue payment today. As you chose to get paid by bank transfer, this will clear in your account the following working day!
    Thank you for sharing this, to at least alarm everyone. That's really a bad experience.
    Originally posted by Oled1977
    Why do I think Oled1977 just made a post without any idea what he/she was answering?

Is that a sniff of someone contemplating in the air?
    ====
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 3rd Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Final reply via this thread.
    130.00 paid today.
    Thanks mser's
    • Dr Gonzo 95
    • By Dr Gonzo 95 11th May 18, 8:06 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Dr Gonzo 95
    I recently sent off my iPad Air, 16gb with 4g.

Was offered 150 for a fully working unlocked model, which it is.
    This was downgraded saying the microphone was faulty they offered 45
    So I declined this.

They sent me back the iPad, and I picked it up yesterday.

It was securely packaged in tight bubble wrap.

I went to turn it on this morning to test the microphone and it no longer turns on.
    It was 75% charged when I sent it off to them, so I plugged it into the charger and nothing.

I've now got a useless iPad, going to give them a call this morning and raise a complaint.
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 12th May 18, 12:39 PM
    • 8,172 Posts
    • 2,999 Thanks
    Buzby
    It could have come unstuck in the shipping out and back - you will never prove that it was their actions that caused the fault. Get it fixed locally then resell elsewhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

320Posts Today

3,790Users online

Martin's Twitter