PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm copying and pasting relevant pieces and putting them under headings. I won't be adding any other pieces of information due to the time it is taking up.

I feel it's an important but mammoth task and anyone who wants to help should be encouraged in any way they can without rules in doing so. If expectations are higher than that then I shall need to drop out I'm afraid.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks guys - I think we're all on the same page (pun not originally intended, but kept in!)

Stay with, fuddle! Like I said, we're of a mind. More info than this sounds great, I know (previous poster, who had the best intentions, I'm absolutely sure) but once you try it, its a huge task. But also, once you try it, you can see (*I* can see) how valuable a resource its going to be.

Hugs to all
    xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I take my hat off to those of you who've volunteered :T i wouldn't have a clue.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not including page numbers or identities at all, I'm afraid; just copying & pasting relevant sentences/paragraphs under a vague heading! Which is currently - Winter! Too much info will snow us under and bamboozle anyone trying to read it. Sorry if individual contributors are disappointed; I think we should acknowledge ALL posters at the end in some way.
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I've got 5 pages of tips from the 30 pages I've read through. It's a lot of work. I think we don't need to worry about the editing or organising because whatever we do and how ever unorganised it is it's still a damn sight better than a lost resource altogether. Well I think anyway. I'll keep on plodding on then. :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    It's a lot of work. I think we don't need to worry about the editing or organising because whatever we do and how ever unorganised it is it's still a damn sight better than a lost resource altogether. Well I think anyway. I'll keep on plodding on then. :)

Totally agree!

Though at the moment I'm having an early tea, and I'm sitting here reading apocalypse fic :D but don't tell anyone else :D
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Computer broke this morning so I've been AWOL but now He Who Knows has stopped harassing the fish and come home he's fixed it.....Hello again !

We've been really pushed with all the decorating so I haven't even begun my 50 pages yet but will as soon as he has a free period to show me how to do it.

I was just going to put the post number on and the relevant bit of the post shall I make a separate record of the contributors so we can put a list of acknowledgement in at the beginning or end of the document?
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :pS'Ok, Karmakat, I'm having an early tea, also; YS sea bass, accompanied by YS new spuds and YS broccoli. SuperGran is due at 18.00 to update me on all the neighbourhood gossip, then I shall continue reading a novel set in Roman Britain.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2017 at 6:17PM
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :pS'Ok, Karmakat, I'm having an early tea, also; YS sea bass, accompanied by YS new spuds and YS broccoli. SuperGran is due at 18.00 to update me on all the neighbourhood gossip, then I shall continue reading a novel set in Roman Britain.

Are you saying that really quietly, GQ? :)

Edit: What I was saying earlier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40273715
  • daz378
    daz378 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a bit worried on top floor here 16th ....we have smoke alarms tied to the mains and they work , cos i regularly set them off... i have my own small extinguisher and some masks but dont know where masks are...will look later and put some in obvious places nr sink toilet etc...my bob is set up you all take care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure