PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    That's one way of making sure TS doesn't HTF. :D

Oh, don't make me laugh Bob. It makes me cough. :)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Yes, but when you do need to evacuate, you really need to have been hydrating diligently & possibly have soaked battered linseeds overnight for a couple of days before.
    Says she who found the two footplate loo easier to get along with after a few days dosed than sat in the Western tradition.

That or drink Guinness which I'm assured is like Pickford's "shifts anything".... Quite who combined those adverts where & when, I don't I want to consider.
  • jk0
    Actually, one little prep that occurred to me today regarding bank cards not working, is to have two from different banks. (Alternatively have a Barclaycard, but bank elsewhere.)

Then, any time you are in a shop, and find your card doesn't work, you have another to try.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Codeine doesn't have the same effect on everyone, but just to be on the safe side eat a high-fibre diet. Or add ground linseed to porridge.
  • jk0 wrote: »
    Actually, one little prep that occurred to me today regarding bank cards not working, is to have two from different banks. (Alternatively have a Barclaycard, but bank elsewhere.)

Then, any time you are in a shop, and find your card doesn't work, you have another to try.

Or, you could carry some cash.

I understand it's accepted pretty much everywhere. :)
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    That or drink Guinness which I'm assured is like Pickford's "shifts anything".... Quite who combined those adverts where & when, I don't I want to consider.

Kombucha tea is pretty effective too...
    Angie - GC April 24 £367.67/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • jk0
    Or, you could carry some cash.

But your card isn't working Bob, and you just spent your last £50 on diesel.
  • jk0 wrote: »
    But your card isn't working Bob, and you just spent your last £50 on diesel.

I wouldn't have spent all my money on diesel.
  • jk0
    I wouldn't have spent all my money on diesel.

It depends on how long SHTF for doesn't it?

I don't know why you feel the need to sarcastically troll my comments Bob. I don't do it to you.
  • I'm not trolling anything, let alone sarcastically.

I'm simply pointing out, how dangerous it is to rely on cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure