Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 5Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 43
    • PD03
    • By PD03 13th Jun 18, 8:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PD03
    Been following thread for a while now. We!!!8217;ve currently got a application going through with precise. We had DIP on 25th May, viewed house and put reservation fee down on 26th may and full application went in on 30th May. Since then there!!!8217;s been a lot of backwards and forwards with them asking for additional documents. We are on a debt management plan which they are fine with and I!!!8217;m due to start new job on 2nd July which they have said they are ok about. But now they are saying I need a p45 from current employer which I can!!!8217;t get until end of month when I leave and payslips from new employer which i obviously can!!!8217;t get until I get paid. Does anyone else have experience with this as I!!!8217;m really worried we are going to loose a house we really want.
    • rasputin4490
    • By rasputin4490 14th Jun 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rasputin4490
    They have their service times on the website
    Currently 2 working days for applications and 3 for post.

You can always call them direct and theyl tell you when your stuff is likely to be reviewed just make sure you have your mortgage details on you!
    • Onewayup
    • By Onewayup 14th Jun 18, 6:32 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Onewayup
    Received my mortgage offer in the post today
    Application submitted on 16/05/1992
    3 requests for further paperwork and information
    Borrowing 167000 on help to buy
    Finally worth it
    • Supersi90
    • By Supersi90 14th Jun 18, 9:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Supersi90
    I hope your application is typo error 1992? I have an application in with them atm Ill be retired if it takes that long lol
    • Onewayup
    • By Onewayup 15th Jun 18, 4:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Onewayup
    Yes that is a typo sorry it was submitted on my birthday so when I typed that I automatically put my date of birth. I had to jump through a lot of hoops for the mortgage offer. It was a sole application with one years limited company books 52k salary including dividends and a high debt to income ratio also I had missed payments and wasn't on the electoral role.
    • First timer buyer stress
    • By First timer buyer stress 22nd Jun 18, 8:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    First timer buyer stress
    Any one awaiting a mortgage offer with Natwest?
    • Snackattack99
    • By Snackattack99 26th Jun 18, 12:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Snackattack99
    Accepted!
    Delighted to say we have been accepted today. The process has only taken 14 days from start to finish. Mortgage is for a 300k house - 225k mortgage with 20% help to buy deposit, 5% from us. I have very bad adverse credit - 2 ccjs over 2 years ago with one settled and another active plus 3 defaults - 3 still active. Over the moon to get the offer and finally get on the housing ladder!
    • loc80
    • By loc80 2nd Jul 18, 3:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    loc80
    Hi there
    We are currently waiting for a mortgage offer from Precise and was wondering if anyone has had an experience like ours.
    Both mine and my husbands credit is good/excellent but we were declined by most lenders due to the amount of debt we have between us. We currently have a total of approx. 45,000 of loans and credit cards. Joint income of circa 65k per annum.
    We passed affordability easily (MB said we were well within our limit) and are in the process of selling our current house and buying new build with HTB. We have also been accepted for HTB.
    Full application has been in for about 2 weeks now and MB says they asked a few more questions last week and should have an answer by the end of this week.
    We are very nervous and do not want to exchange on current house in case we don't get our offer....
    • Lauren_w91
    • By Lauren_w91 2nd Jul 18, 6:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauren_w91
    Precise mortgages
    Hi,

We are in the same boat! MB (l&c) submitted full application to precise last week, they come back asking for ID, 3 months BS, 3 months payslips etc.

Precise are our last chance, Kensington and alder more said no as a default appeared on my credit report on 6th June with the default date being January 2017. Kensington your not allowed default within two years and alder more 3 years, despite me telling MB about the default they still applied! we are help to buy hence these criterias.

Im wondering what questions they will ask about bank statements, we have nothing dodgy on bank statements however I am employed by nhs but i am on a secondment which means i get my wage for being a full time student. So therefore i was entitled to student loan which was last paid in April 2018. Im praying they don't ask to many questions around this as my secondment contract doesn't match my payslips (my pay should be more!!) as my manager never told HR at the time. Currently in the process of trying to get this sorted! I also get 'cash in hand' paid into my bank account from my second job which i haven't declared as its as and when i want to do it.

The wait is awful!

Anyone have any recent experiences with L&C AND/OR Precise?
    • Onewayup
    • By Onewayup 3rd Jul 18, 8:35 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Onewayup
    Precise asked loads of things on my bank statement such as an ultrasound payment for 30 for my partner and a transfer to my ex wife for my son. They came back for information 5 times and it looked like I was going to be declined. My house was 215000 and was htb with 5%. I finally completed with precise last Friday.
    • Lauren_w91
    • By Lauren_w91 3rd Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauren_w91
    Oh really, how long from app to offer in total?

Im not worried about them questioning my outgoings its my income into my bank! But to be fair i haven't declared any of it towards affordability etc so it shouldn't really be a problem. But we will see.

At what stage did they send for valuation?i see on there website it says for help to buy they aim to have an offer within 21 days.

Congrats on your offer. Hope we are in the same boat as you soon. We need a mortgage for 284000 with a LTV 50.7% (40% equity loan and the rest deposit)
    • Street21
    • By Street21 2nd Aug 18, 7:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Street21
    What extra documents do they ask for
    Hi our application is currently being processed its only been a few days i was just curioys as to what kind of extra info they ask for so i can have it ready
    • Victoriap
    • By Victoriap 8th Aug 18, 10:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Victoriap
    3 weeks and 3 days from application to offer for me !!!55357;!!!56842; they asked for extra document's once !
    • S22mln
    • By S22mln 14th Sep 18, 10:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    S22mln
    Waiting Game
    Hey Guys,

Waiting game here.
    Valuation done last week -all good
    A few more questions asked last week like landline number, wife's email address and a few bank quires.
    Can anyone tell me how long from valuation to completion it took them please?
    • LucasH
    • By LucasH 14th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    LucasH
    First time buyer!

05-09-18 - DIP/AIP given.
    06-09-18 - Reserved new build
    10-09-18 - Broker submitted barclys full application
    13-09-18 - message to say valuation is booked for next week

Am I safe to assume that as long as the valuation is fine, we will get an offer?

Surely they won't do the valuation before the underwriter checks.

Thanks
    • Jtotz67
    • By Jtotz67 19th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Jtotz67
    First time buyer!

05-09-18 - DIP/AIP given.
    06-09-18 - Reserved new build
    10-09-18 - Broker submitted barclys full application
    13-09-18 - message to say valuation is booked for next week

Am I safe to assume that as long as the valuation is fine, we will get an offer?

Surely they won't do the valuation before the underwriter checks.

Thanks
    Originally posted by LucasH

I would not assume anything until you get the mortgage offer physically in your possession. At the end of the day, they have thousands of applications and they might well book a valuation before they have completed all checks..

While a valuation booking is obviously positive news, don't assume anything is certain until the paperwork is in your hand.

We didn't do anything (even instruct searches) until we had the formal offer through the post - just to be sure!
    • Perky18
    • By Perky18 4th Oct 18, 10:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Perky18
    Hi all , have been reading through thread some hope here but can’t help to feel nervous .

Put full application in with precise two weeks ago after receiving a DIP , they’ve searched credit file on the 17th .

Not heard anything since but broker is on annual leave .

We are borrowing 80,000 for a 135,000 house with a 55,000 deposit .

However I had previous PDLs over 8 months ago (precise are aware before they gave us DIP.

Hubby had a default 2 years ago . We have a car finance with 3000 remaining and I have a credit card with 200 owing .

I’m so nervous even though brOker is confident as they have told precise everything. ������
    • NewBuild72
    • By NewBuild72 5th Nov 18, 11:17 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NewBuild72
    Update
    Hi Perky18,

Did you get an update on your application?
    • Ojojo
    • By Ojojo 9th Nov 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ojojo
    We got our offer with precise 2nd this month and we have collected our keys to the new home.
    • jamesh
    • By jamesh 10th Nov 18, 9:03 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    jamesh
    Congrats Ojojo,

When did your application go in?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,281Posts Today

6,467Users online

Martin's Twitter