Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OOOO
    • By OOOO 27th Jun 16, 9:27 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 3Thanks
    OOOO
    Playstation 4 Virtual Reality
    • 27th Jun 16, 9:27 PM
    Playstation 4 Virtual Reality 27th Jun 16 at 9:27 PM
    Playstation 4 Virtual Reality - What is the true cost?

Hi, i am considering the playstation 4 virtual reality headset that is being released shortly.
    But i am getting confused about the setup cost. Have been reading that in addition to the headset you will also need to separately purchase the playstation camera, playstation move controllers and a pair of headphones (if you dont like the earpieces). If thats all true then looks very expensive
Page 3
    • Jlawson118
    • By Jlawson118 6th Nov 16, 9:46 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Jlawson118
    To be completely honest, I'd wait. I know the headset is around £350 and the camera is around £40/£50. But leave it until after Christmas for the special clearance deals. Because they'll charge a bomb for it until after Christmas
    • Jamiesmum
    • By Jamiesmum 6th Nov 16, 10:00 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Jamiesmum
    Bought one on release date, it is really something else, it's amazing to experience. You step into another world. It's been such a laugh with family and friends so far but as with most things novelty will no doubt wear off and whilst I now know lots of people who have bought / preordered another one because they have tried it out, idk if it's something they will use every day.
    I think it needs to be used personally because words can't quite explain it. In my opinion well worth the £350. Already had all the accessories though. It's really comfortable you look like a div wearing it but during any game play you just don't care. It's not heavy and it's easy too wear.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 18th Nov 16, 1:24 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 3,580 Thanks
    cjdavies
    I tried it earlier in work, £2 for 15 mins Children in Need and played Rush of Blood. I was very impressed with it, so in your face. I will be getting one and just hope it does not die out like Kinect.

I was at first a bit I don't know, but trying it is a must.

I will be waiting until after Xmas to check prices.
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 18th Nov 16, 11:44 PM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 1,630 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    I definitely agree trying it is a must as it's just not something you can get the feel of by watching footage of it.

There's a lot of comparisons between VR and stillborn technologies like 3D and Kinect but I think VR has a better chance of survival, I've shown VR to a range of people and everyone has been amazed by it. It's much more than a gaming technology as it can be amazing for other experiences, Google released Google Earth for the Vive and hopefully shortly for other VR platforms as it's absolutely amazing in VR.

John
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 18th Nov 16, 11:57 PM
    • 27,877 Posts
    • 15,168 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I definitely agree trying it is a must as it's just not something you can get the feel of by watching footage of it.

There's a lot of comparisons between VR and stillborn technologies like 3D and Kinect but I think VR has a better chance of survival, I've shown VR to a range of people and everyone has been amazed by it. It's much more than a gaming technology as it can be amazing for other experiences, Google released Google Earth for the Vive and hopefully shortly for other VR platforms as it's absolutely amazing in VR.

John
    Originally posted by Johnmcl7
    It won't take off while it's very expensive. If the price comes down by a lot then maybe.
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 19th Nov 16, 2:03 AM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 1,630 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    It won't take off while it's very expensive. If the price comes down by a lot then maybe.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Well yes...that's really stating the obvious and that's the same with just about every new technology hence why I said I hope it does survive. For a first generation technology (in terms of this type of VR, not the older mostly unrelated VR systems) the Rift, Vive and PS VR have all done pretty well despite their extremely high cost of entry and the mobile systems such as Gear VR which offer a more affordable stab at VR have also done pretty well.

John
    • AG47
    • By AG47 4th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    AG47
    What are psvr selling for now on the secondary market?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter