Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bored
    • By Bored 16th Feb 13, 11:58 PM
    • 252Posts
    • 351Thanks
    Bored
    Unknown charges on my phone account
    • 16th Feb 13, 11:58 PM
    Unknown charges on my phone account 16th Feb 13 at 11:58 PM
    Just logged into T-mobile to check I was under my monthly limit for calls and texts and I found two charges for 1.25 under the 'third party' activity, both listed under the name of 'Buongiorno PI' on the 05/02 and the 011/02.

I'm very careful, never pay for apps or go over my limits so I'm very confused with this and also worried that I'll keep on getting charged. I'll give T-mobile a ring tomorrow but anyone have any idea what this could be?
Page 5
    • Elaine17
    • By Elaine17 20th Jan 17, 8:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elaine17
    I have just seen that the phone scam known as Buongiorno has been taking 4.50 PER WEEK since October 19th.
    Did all the same as everyone, called EE, wrote to Buongiorno who have simply done as they have to others......said I did join, I did play a game on 1 occasion and I did not reply STOP to any message, they also say they will NOT be giving a refund.
    ......needless to say I never had any messages, or have I ever played a game on my phone.
    It was only when I saw EE had been fined 2.3 million that I decided to check my phone bill (online) and discovered 4.50 was taken weekly as far back as October.
    Looking further into it I discover this Buongiorno Scammers are responsible for these amounts on my phone bill.
    As I travel overseas regular and use my phone just never thought anything about my bills.
    Oh how I wish I had checked but....I havnt so what to do?????
    • colinthfc
    • By colinthfc 26th Jan 17, 8:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    colinthfc
    Court date now fixed for 14th March at Shoreditch & Clerkenwell County Court. Will share judgement once case is dealt with

On the basis there is a CCJ recorded against them I will be forwarding it to the Phone Paid Services Authority and demand they investigate mine and all other similar complaints. If they refuse I may commenced and judicial review

Thanks to those who contacted me via the Colin B!games gmal address.
    • pompokko
    • By pompokko 10th Mar 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pompokko
    Looks like I have also been scammed. Ive been charged since November 2016 and exactly same scenario as Elaine17 - what you wrote is the exact experience Ive had so far. Will be very interested to hear the outcome of your court proceedings colinthfc thanks for taking it that far, cant believe a company can get away with taking people's money like that!
    • colinthfc
    • By colinthfc 14th Mar 17, 12:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    colinthfc
    Court Case now settled
    I settled my claim scheduled today and have been paid back in full. There was extremely anxious to settle when they realised I was not going to back down. The full amount has been paid into my account and it must have cost them a fortune in legal fears defending a claim of 49.50. I have brought many cases via Money Claim on line in the County Court. This is the lowest ever amount and the only company to try to defend. I am disappointed not to meet them in court but I could not pursue any further when they offered the full amount.

My advice is to follow the complaints procedure and demand all the evidence against you. I suspect everyone on here accidently hit a banner and got signed up via an auto redirect without their knowledge or consent. Most of us get some many spam texts we block them. This company thrives on this. Once you have exhausted the complaints procedure you should send a letter before action demanding return of the full amount within 14 days or court proceedings. You will need to work out how much is owed. If they do not reply Money Claim on line only costs 25 and you get it back if you win. You cannot have costs ordered against you unless your behaviour is unreasonable e.g. refusing to answer letters etc.
    • Major79
    • By Major79 5th Jun 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Major79
    They're still at it!

Noticed I had a charge of 3.75 on my bill. It was listed as "Other EE Service". I had no idea what it could be. Then when I checked back, saw that I've been charged this fee weekly since April 26th!

I spoke to EE's "Live Chat" helper. He told me that he would stop the charge and gave me the name of the company. Basically told me it was up to me to contact Buongiorno for a refund.

He said I have to wait up to 72 hours for EE to send me an email with Buongiorno's details on, then I can contact them for a refund.

It was only afterwards when I did a search on Buongiorno that I found out that this has been an issue for many years. I've seen complaints as far back as 2012.

How can EE justify the fact that they're letting this happen to their Customers? It's shocking.

If they can block these payments so quickly then surely they can prevent them?

It's scandalous that they can allow this to show on our bill as "Other EE Service".
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Jun 17, 11:10 PM
    • 31,652 Posts
    • 19,963 Thanks
    DCFC79
    They're still at it!

Noticed I had a charge of 3.75 on my bill. It was listed as "Other EE Service". I had no idea what it could be. Then when I checked back, saw that I've been charged this fee weekly since April 26th!

I spoke to EE's "Live Chat" helper. He told me that he would stop the charge and gave me the name of the company. Basically told me it was up to me to contact Buongiorno for a refund.

He said I have to wait up to 72 hours for EE to send me an email with Buongiorno's details on, then I can contact them for a refund.

It was only afterwards when I did a search on Buongiorno that I found out that this has been an issue for many years. I've seen complaints as far back as 2012.

How can EE justify the fact that they're letting this happen to their Customers? It's shocking.

If they can block these payments so quickly then surely they can prevent them?

It's scandalous that they can allow this to show on our bill as "Other EE Service".
    Originally posted by Major79
    What had you signed upto to be charged that amount ?

Ive been with EE for a few years then T Mobile before that and Orange before that and not had Buongiorno appear on my account.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • EmmyLouLou1
    • By EmmyLouLou1 19th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmmyLouLou1
    BGames
    Hi,
    I've been subjected to this scam too. As with others, EE are not interested. I called them when I received the very first text from BGames and was told by their customer services representative that no money was being taken from my account, NOT to send "STOP", because that was the scam. I was told to ignore it.
    Anyway, I've continued to receive the text from BGames, but ignored them as advised.
    I (similar to a poster above) an eligible for an upgrade. I looked st my bill for comparison purposes and discovered that I had indeed been charged. I called EE and was given the full company name, but no contact details. EE told me they could not help and that in order to manage my expectations, BGames will not be able to help either. Undeterred, I contacted them anyway. They have replied, asking for a PDF copy of my bill. They specifically say they will not be able to help unless I provide this. I'm absolutely not going to provide them with a copy of my bill, with more of my private information on it, since they have misused the small bit of information they had about me (which I never gave them).
    Any advice, please? I've been spurred on by some of the successes here and don't intend to give up. It's been going on for over a year and I've been charged 6.00 a month all that time- and I know I never signed up and have never used any of their services.... thanks.
    • Louisdf
    • By Louisdf 19th Feb 18, 11:24 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    Louisdf
    EE does not have any influence on third party companies, the best course of action is to pursue the company directly.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 20th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 8,341 Posts
    • 6,162 Thanks
    pmduk
    You were given inaccurate advice by EE. The way to stop these texts is to send the word STOP.
    • thesmellymelly
    • By thesmellymelly 23rd Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thesmellymelly
    refund request
    Hi,
    Will you be able to tell me how you got a refund. I'm about to embark on a massive fight to try and get my weekly charges (from 2016) refunded.
    Thanks.
    • thesmellymelly
    • By thesmellymelly 23rd Feb 18, 6:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thesmellymelly
    bill requested
    Hi
    did you get anywhere with this. I'm in the same boat.
    • Ru4497
    • By Ru4497 13th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ru4497
    I am looking to take on B games also. I have been charged weekly since 2015.
    They have so far offered me a 50% refund but I am incensed that this is even legal. Through their correspondence I can see that they confident in their position in law.

I want a 100% refund

Surely something can be done about this company?
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 8,341 Posts
    • 6,162 Thanks
    pmduk
    Talk to your MP, the Telecoms regulator, Ofcom is useless. The whole system needs an overhaul
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin