Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,681Posts
    • 39,806Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 94
    • cjp2k
    • By cjp2k 11th Aug 18, 5:13 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    cjp2k
    Really struggling to get a deal on thw broadband and talk side of things i have been paying 12.50 a month for fibre and line rental for the last 2 years. Sky wrote to me offering half price line rental and 7.50 discount on broadband

I tried to get the same discount as last year and not getting anything

My tv package is sky q 2tb multi room sports movies and full package including hd sports 56 so i cant grumble on the t.v. side
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 2,967 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Really struggling to get a deal on thw broadband and talk side of things i have been paying 12.50 a month for fibre and line rental for the last 2 years. Sky wrote to me offering half price line rental and 7.50 discount on broadband

I tried to get the same discount as last year and not getting anything

My tv package is sky q 2tb multi room sports movies and full package including hd sports 56 so i cant grumble on the t.v. side
    Originally posted by cjp2k
    If they're offering you UL fibre for around 20 grab it, you're not getting better off them.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 12th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    You should have flat out refused to pay the 10, they would have backed down without a doubt.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

Indeed. I would think in this day and age of Netflix etc sky would be desperate for customers lol !!!128514;
    • gunner786
    • By gunner786 12th Aug 18, 10:00 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    gunner786
    I have sky hd on 60% discount till next year.
    Am currentky paying 15.20 for entertainment kids boxset + hd. Was calling up for sky sports.

They offered me this on live chat.

I can offer you the entertainment package with sports, HD & kids for 41 a month. If you'd like cinema it'd rise to 51 a month. Then in regards to SkyQ I can offer you the 1TB box for just 20 instead of 199+!

Was this any good or did i do right in refusing?
    • cjp2k
    • By cjp2k 12th Aug 18, 1:30 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    cjp2k
    If they're offering you UL fibre for around 20 grab it, you're not getting better off them.

23.49 for basic line rental and fibre unlimited 40mb
    • zoso121
    • By zoso121 12th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zoso121
    You should have flat out refused to pay the 10, they would have backed down without a doubt.
    Yeah I should have, but i was under a bit of pressure from the missus to reduce our sky bill , & wanted me to cancel the Sky sports package. She was happy with a 30 PM saving. (and I got to keep the sport)
    • itstheone
    • By itstheone 13th Aug 18, 12:59 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    itstheone
    This 10 charge annoys the hell out of me.

It's like a restaurant adding a service charge to your bill so you're paying the waiters wages instead of it being their paid job.

If they deal with 3 customers an hour it's a nice little earner.
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 13th Aug 18, 9:27 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    I sent love digital a Facebook message this morning and still not had a response, how long did it take for them to get back to everyone else?

I!!!8217;m after that Sky Q box with HD Entertainment & HD Sports for 20 deal someone else has already got on here.
    Originally posted by Hibbo17
    I left it a day or so and decided to ring them, number I found was 020 8760 7650
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 13th Aug 18, 11:34 AM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Just called love digital and the best they will do is 27 for sports plus entertainment and kids all in HD. Free installation of sky Q and for 18 months.

Very tempted. Or should I save my money
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 13th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    He claimed no one got offered the 20 deal it seems too good to be true and he won't offer it me. So I left it. Will try them again in a couple of days
    • jojaca
    • By jojaca 13th Aug 18, 11:57 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jojaca
    Your thinking about 27 a month, i would jumped all over that over that. I have been without Sky for 12 months and the cheapest they have offered is 34 a month for Sports on old sky hd box and 36 for Q box.

I have sinced gone down the Now TV route season sports pass for 179 and Entertainment for 38 a year. Not ideal, much prefer the satellite feed than streaming.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 13th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Your thinking about 27 a month, i would jumped all over that over that. I have been without Sky for 12 months and the cheapest they have offered is 34 a month for Sports on old sky hd box and 36 for Q box.

I have sinced gone down the Now TV route season sports pass for 179 and Entertainment for 38 a year. Not ideal, much prefer the satellite feed than streaming.
    Originally posted by jojaca
    no longer available. Oh well that will teach me a lesson!
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 13th Aug 18, 2:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    He claimed no one got offered the 20 deal it seems too good to be true and he won't offer it me. So I left it. Will try them again in a couple of days
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Worth trying again I think. Mine isn't quite as good as the 20 but not too dissimliar considering I've got additional stuff - 32 for the below TV package. Goes up to 48pm when I included broadband but a good deal for the overall TV package I think.

SkyQ 1TB
    Cinema HD
    Sports HD
    Entertainment HD
    • ILovedeals
    • By ILovedeals 13th Aug 18, 4:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ILovedeals
    Canceled my sky and this weekend it turned off

My best offer is sky entertainment, sky sports, box sets, all in HD for 36pm 12-month contract. I declined as they wanted to charge me 10 admin fee Grrrr

If I go into my sky offers I have almost the same offer for 37.50pm but without the admin fee, which i know over 12 months works out more.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 13th Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Worth trying again I think. Mine isn't quite as good as the 20 but not too dissimliar considering I've got additional stuff - 32 for the below TV package. Goes up to 48pm when I included broadband but a good deal for the overall TV package I think.

SkyQ 1TB
    Cinema HD
    Sports HD
    Entertainment HD
    Originally posted by footyfootyfootball

Apparently, according to the guy I spoke to, they get discount codes for this stuff and when I was offered 27 p/m he had to use a couple of codes. Last ones available. But when I called back an hour later the code had been used up. They apparently get the codes regularly so I'll try again.

Does anyone know, are boxsets standard a Todd sky q or do u pay extra for that too
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 13th Aug 18, 5:15 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    Apparently, according to the guy I spoke to, they get discount codes for this stuff and when I was offered 27 p/m he had to use a couple of codes. Last ones available. But when I called back an hour later the code had been used up. They apparently get the codes regularly so I'll try again.

Does anyone know, are boxsets standard a Todd sky q or do u pay extra for that too
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Not standard with SkyQ unfortunately (I can only vouch for the 1TB though). I tried to get them thrown in with my offer but they were having none of it!
    • Forwandert
    • By Forwandert 13th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    Forwandert
    You can get box sets thrown in for 1 If you negotiate enough but it's not standard for Q.
    • FionnMac
    • By FionnMac 13th Aug 18, 11:48 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    FionnMac

Originally posted by jojaca

I don't mean to be rude, but what was your bargaining tactic? I didn't have to do much to get Sports/Entertainment/HD with a Qbox for 20. I just kept refusing any offer and mentioning NowTV offering me 20/month (which was true)

Good chance I just got lucky though or somebody made a mistake, seems like no one else has an offer like mine
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 14th Aug 18, 3:39 AM
    • 974 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    I don't mean to be rude, but what was your bargaining tactic? I didn't have to do much to get Sports/Entertainment/HD with a Qbox for 20. I just kept refusing any offer and mentioning NowTV offering me 20/month (which was true)

Good chance I just got lucky though or somebody made a mistake, seems like no one else has an offer like mine
    Originally posted by FionnMac
    Did you get that via sky direct or via love dogital
    • 227 BHA
    • By 227 BHA 14th Aug 18, 10:48 AM
    • 164 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    227 BHA
    Hi guys
    Long time since I logged into this thread. Its aprox 2.5 years since I did the threaten to leave thing and I got my bill down to less than half price for 12 months.
    But since that ended IVe been paying full price for the last 18 months or so and it!!95.50 now as IVe got Sky Q and the full tv package including sports and movies.
    Simple question - if I give notice to quit what realistically should I accept from the detentions dept?? Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,465Posts Today

7,714Users online

Martin's Twitter