Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,408Posts
    • 39,494Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 93
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 8th Aug 18, 7:46 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    I accepted the following offer through Love Digital today:

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

This is with a Sky Q 1TB Box for £20 install.

Also was very lucky and got a £50 Cashback offer through my current account this morning when rejoining Sky. So means I will get 2 months free too!

Was really pleased with that so finally made a decision and went for it!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Aug 18, 7:55 AM
    • 5,013 Posts
    • 2,211 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Hi All,

Just been on the phone to retentionís when I threatened to give notice and was offered entertainment pack, sports pack and box sets for £32 on sky +HD on an 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal to me but keen to know peoples thoughts before I say yes
    Originally posted by mynameisrui

IF it includes everything in HD and IF the discounts apply for the full 18 months (not the last six months at full price) then yes, it is a good price -my discounted deal currently for almost the same package is £33 pm
    • mikeizz
    • By mikeizz 9th Aug 18, 8:16 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    mikeizz

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

Also was very lucky and got a £50 Cashback offer through my current account this morning when rejoining Sky. So means I will get 2 months free too!

Originally posted by ccdorset
    Nice!

But i thought that if you have Sky Q the £12 multriscreen charge is mandatory?
    • Keltosh
    • By Keltosh 9th Aug 18, 8:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Keltosh
    Sky dont seem as keen to really discount their packages.
    I;ve just signed up to Sky unlimited fibre, Sky Talk ( no calls ) £25 / 18 months. Sky entertainment £15 box sets £1 kids £1 HD £1 / 12 months. Sky+HD.
    Hanging out for the sports pack been offered Football with HD £18 or full sports pack including HD £22. Not decided what to do yet.
    Last edited by Keltosh; 09-08-2018 at 8:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 9th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Nice!

But i thought that if you have Sky Q the £12 multriscreen charge is mandatory?
    Originally posted by mikeizz
    He did offer multiscreen for £12 per month, but I declined. It's not mandatory, though I believe if you are going for the 2TB box you would be charged a much higher "install" fee if you don't take multiscreen. (£199 I believe). I'm just having the 1TB box, so could keep the fee down to £20 install with no multiscreen.

You do have to have multiscreen with a 2TB box if you want to "unlock" Ultra HD though.
    • primmer10590
    • By primmer10590 9th Aug 18, 12:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    primmer10590

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

Originally posted by ccdorset
    Thanks for the idea of love digital! I've been hunting cashback sites/forums/chats with Sky. No significant discounts. Rang these guys up based off your post.

Got

Entertainment, HD, Fibre Max, Line Rental
    Total £45 per month
    £10 one off install fee

Sky Chat guys would only haggle down to £53 for the above from the advertised £55. So I am very happy

• ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 9th Aug 18, 12:38 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Thanks for the idea of love digital! I've been hunting cashback sites/forums/chats with Sky. No significant discounts. Rang these guys up based off your post.

Got

Entertainment, HD, Fibre Max, Line Rental
    Total £45 per month
    £10 one off install fee

Sky Chat guys would only haggle down to £53 for the above from the advertised £55. So I am very happy

Originally posted by primmer10590
    That's great news! I can't take all the credit, as Gavgooner recommended them in an earlier post!

I was quite impressed with Love Digital, they were very efficient, explained everything clearly and there was no hard sell at all.

Glad you got a great offer as well!
    • FionnMac
    • By FionnMac 9th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    FionnMac
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 9th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?
    Originally posted by FionnMac
    That sounds like a great deal! Especially for sports around this time of year!

I had to wait a bit longer for mine - 21 days for the first available date! Not bothered though, as the deals are really good!
    • jojaca
    • By jojaca 9th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jojaca
    That's a very good deal. Is LoveDigital just a London based deal? or is it all over uk.
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 9th Aug 18, 3:44 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    That's a very good deal. Is LoveDigital just a London based deal? or is it all over uk.
    Originally posted by jojaca
    I think they are Sky approved installers for London and the South of England. I'm in Weymouth and got the deal.
    • FionnMac
    • By FionnMac 9th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    FionnMac
    Originally posted by jojaca

Well, I'm based in Manchester
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 9th Aug 18, 4:18 PM
    • 2,500 Posts
    • 1,220 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Well, I'm based in Manchester
    Was yours a self-install, i.e. just plug the box in, or did they fit a dish for you?
    • FionnMac
    • By FionnMac 10th Aug 18, 12:05 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    FionnMac
    Was yours a self-install, i.e. just plug the box in, or did they fit a dish for you?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

I live in a building and the dish is on the roof
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Aug 18, 9:39 AM
    • 5,013 Posts
    • 2,211 Thanks
    brewerdave

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

That's ridiculously good -in fact ,seems too good ! Have you got it all in writing?? Effectively £5pm for Sports in HD - Can't remember anyone getting such a good deal - on SKYQ as well.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 10th Aug 18, 12:27 PM
    • 966 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    shaggy

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

Bite their hand off! Although the disadvantage is after 18 months you'll get a crap renewal deal and as far as I know there's no way to go back to the old sky box

Is this love digital deal for new customers only? How about if you've been without sky for about 4 months?
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 10th Aug 18, 12:34 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    Went through Love Digital yesterday. Took them up on an offer of:

Sky Q 1TB
    HD sports
    HD entertainment
    HD cinema
    Unlimited broadband

£48pm

Pretty pleased with that
    Last edited by footyfootyfootball; 10-08-2018 at 4:07 PM.
    • Hibbo17
    • By Hibbo17 10th Aug 18, 9:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hibbo17
    I sent love digital a Facebook message this morning and still not had a response, how long did it take for them to get back to everyone else?

I!!!8217;m after that Sky Q box with HD Entertainment & HD Sports for £20 deal someone else has already got on here.
    • zoso121
    • By zoso121 11th Aug 18, 10:42 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zoso121
    Just spoken to retention's after calling to cancel. Got offered
    Sky Entertainment HD Pack
    Box Sets
    Full Sky Sports HD

£34 pm 18 month contract Discounts last 18 months
    There was a £10 'admin' charge which was mentioned at the end of the conversation, which was a little annoying, but overall I was happy with the deal.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2,500 Posts
    • 1,220 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    There was a £10 'admin' charge which was mentioned at the end of the conversation, which was a little annoying, but overall I was happy with the deal.
    Originally posted by zoso121
    You should have flat out refused to pay the £10, they would have backed down without a doubt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

7Posts Today

3,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin