Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,406Posts
    • 39,474Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 92
    • KJ2886
    • By KJ2886 3rd Aug 18, 3:30 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    KJ2886
    Nah this isnt sky Q just normal sky pack
    • Gavgooner
    • By Gavgooner 3rd Aug 18, 5:18 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Gavgooner
    For new customers signing up through lovedigitaltv.co.uk can get sky Q 1tb box £20 setup & entertainment for £10 per month. Sports HD & entertainment £30 per month, full package £50 per month. Sky Q 2tb box installation £75
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Aug 18, 9:15 AM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    For new customers signing up through lovedigitaltv.co.uk can get sky Q 1tb box £20 setup & entertainment for £10 per month. Sports HD & entertainment £30 per month, full package £50 per month. Sky Q 2tb box installation £75
    Originally posted by Gavgooner
    Has that offer expired? I can only see their normal prices, £20 for Entertainment, an additional £18 for Sports etc.
    • Gavgooner
    • By Gavgooner 4th Aug 18, 3:59 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Gavgooner
    Go on there Facebook page & send message which package you want & they will give price.
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 4th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Originally posted by Gavgooner
    I've been looking at Love Digital, as it appears I can get the £10 per month offer on Entertainment through my work employee scheme (which is linked to Love Digital).

I e-mailed them and asked if I would be eligible, as the deals are for new customers only and as I left Sky less than 12 months ago I wasn't sure whether I'd be classed as a new customer.

They have replied saying they can "certainly make me eligible" for the offer. Not quite sure what that means! Though I hear they carry out the communal Sky Q installations for flats, so it may mean I would be able to sort out a way of getting the system upgraded to allow Sky Q, as at the moment I can only have Sky+HD on a single feed.
    • MissBailey
    • By MissBailey 7th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 6,649 Thanks
    MissBailey
    I'm an existing customer of 5 years and currently pay £58 for Broadband Unlimited, Line Rental, Call package (which I've been meaning to cancel forever) and Entertainment.

I've been offered Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental for £25 on an 18m contract and the Entertainment package for £15 again for 18m with a one off admin fee of £10.

Does this seem reasonable or do you think it would be worth seeing if they'd bring the fibre cost down?

I was also thinking of asking them to throw in Kids and Box Sets with the Entertainment but not sure if this would be pushing my luck?

Grateful for any advice...
    Thanks
    FTB Tracker
    Offer Accepted: May 2nd
    Mortgage Application: May 3rd

Survey: May 13th / Satisfactory Valuation: May 13th
    Formal Offer Text: May 16th

Exchange/Completion...still waiting
    • pumpkin89
    • By pumpkin89 7th Aug 18, 3:16 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    pumpkin89
    My husband negotiated our monthly bill down to "only" £94 yesterday. I'm not sure whether to be happy or appalled!

He's been a customer for about 13 years and I think the package is everything other than Sky Cinema (it includes Sky Q multi-room, fibre broadband, landline, all Sky Sports, Sky Boxsets and the full range of standard TV channels).
    • Weirdy
    • By Weirdy 7th Aug 18, 7:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weirdy
    Hello All, after my last deal finished ( Entertainment, Sports and Boxsets @ £17.50ish a month , I think it was an 80% off deal) I cancelled.
    Best I could get after was Entertainment, Boxsets(£1) and HD(£1) for £17 pm.
    Good luck to anyone else trying to get a better deal at the moment.
    • jojaca
    • By jojaca 7th Aug 18, 8:01 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jojaca
    Hello All, after my last deal finished ( Entertainment, Sports and Boxsets @ £17.50ish a month , I think it was an 80% off deal) I cancelled.
    Best I could get after was Entertainment, Boxsets(£1) and HD(£1) for £17 pm.
    Good luck to anyone else trying to get a better deal at the moment.
    Originally posted by Weirdy

Did you ask how much with sports? I am trying to get a ball point figure to negotiate with Sky. I am only interested in the football.
    • joshparker1911
    • By joshparker1911 8th Aug 18, 7:10 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joshparker1911
    Do sky ever discount Q multi room ? Not something I think I've seen on here, but not something I fancy paying £12 a month for
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Aug 18, 8:01 AM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Do sky ever discount Q multi room ? Not something I think I've seen on here, but not something I fancy paying £12 a month for
    Originally posted by joshparker1911
    From memory I've not seen one single person on here get discount on multi-room.
    • joshparker1911
    • By joshparker1911 8th Aug 18, 8:02 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joshparker1911
    Thought as much, not be getting that then
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 8th Aug 18, 8:12 AM
    • 952 Posts
    • 2,555 Thanks
    Terry98
    Did you ask how much with sports? I am trying to get a ball point figure to negotiate with Sky. I am only interested in the football.
    Originally posted by jojaca
    I have been on chat with them a few times and they are trying to up any offers I have already been given and add the £10 one off charge. Perhaps they know everyone now wants the football so they can afford to play hard-ball..

A good ball park figure for all Sports channels is £15 but good luck with getting anywhere near that at the moment.

Let us know how you get on.
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 8th Aug 18, 11:40 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    Currently getting Entertainment, Sky Sports and Broadband for £60/month
    Ideally I want to add Sky Cinema while either maintaining or reducing the price.

I'm at the end of my first week since having a long webchat conversation about reducing my bill and subsequently cancelling. Since then I've been called 3 or 4 times, I've only had the opportunity to talk to them once, but they were offering packages that are actually more expensive than what I'm on now, and then started mindlessly trying to sell their mobile phone contract on top of it.

Nothing appearing in My Sky or Interactive just yet either.

Essentially they're maintaining that the current deal I'm on cannot possibly get any better. Hoping that's not true!
    • mynameisrui
    • By mynameisrui 8th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mynameisrui
    Hi All,

Just been on the phone to retentionís when I threatened to give notice and was offered entertainment pack, sports pack and box sets for £32 on sky +HD on an 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal to me but keen to know peoples thoughts before I say yes
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Aug 18, 1:41 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Hi All,

Just been on the phone to retentionís when I threatened to give notice and was offered entertainment pack, sports pack and box sets for £32 on sky +HD on an 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal to me but keen to know peoples thoughts before I say yes
    Originally posted by mynameisrui
    Presuming the Sports Pack means all of the sports channels then that's not a bad deal but don't forget HD for Entertainment AND HD for Sports.
    • mynameisrui
    • By mynameisrui 8th Aug 18, 1:55 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mynameisrui
    Should have mentioned that itís all the sports and HD although technically it doesnít include sports in HD but thatís only because I am somehow getting it for free some unknown reason
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 8th Aug 18, 2:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    Seems relatively good to me. Although I think (and hope for the sake of my negotiations!) they've got more in the tank.
    • footyfootyfootball
    • By footyfootyfootball 8th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    footyfootyfootball
    Also I'm having trouble now getting on the webchat. Since cancelling I've gone back to try and chat through there but it asks me to call them instead.

Is there a way to get through on the web chat? The below is what I'm getting:

"We can see that you have already requested to cancel your Sky TV services. If you'd like to change the date of your cancellation or discuss your options, please contact one of our Sky experts on 03300 412 503."
    Last edited by footyfootyfootball; 08-08-2018 at 5:10 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Aug 18, 5:39 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Also I'm having trouble now getting on the webchat. Since cancelling I've gone back to try and chat through there but it asks me to call them instead.

Is there a way to get through on the web chat? The below is what I'm getting:

"We can see that you have already requested to cancel your Sky TV services. If you'd like to change the date of your cancellation or discuss your options, please contact one of our Sky experts on 03300 412 503."
    Originally posted by footyfootyfootball
    You have to sign in to use webchat so probably not. You could try https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv using a different browser to your usual as they leave cookies that stop you seeing new customer offers at least. You still need to sign in at that point however so they may still try and get you to call instead.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin