Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,321Posts
    • 39,292Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 89
    • afc80
    • By afc80 6th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    afc80
    I have not paid full price for sky for well over a decade, went to Sky q last year,contract up so went onto live chat and got the below deal right away, i could have haggled for more, but happy enough with the discount which is less than in previous years but still decent given i can afford full price....
    Future bill estimate

Bill from 2nd of September, to the 1st of October
    2 Sep !!!8211; 1 Oct
    TV
    Sky Entertainment
    Including discounts
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack 28.00
    In-Contract discount -8.00
    Sky Sports Subscription Discounted -10.00
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Sports HD 6.00
    Sky Sports HD Subscription Discounted -4.00
    Sky HD
    Sky HD 5.00
    Sky HD Subscription Discounted -4.00
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
    Sky 3D
    FREE
    See It First
    FREE
    Estimated total 45.00

18 month contract which i am fine with...
    Last edited by afc80; 06-07-2018 at 7:51 PM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 7th Jul 18, 9:25 AM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 2,042 Thanks
    brewerdave
    @afc80 - just make sure the discounts are for the full 18 months. In the past some people have posted that they only got the discounts for 12 months with full cost for the last 6 months
    • afc80
    • By afc80 7th Jul 18, 9:57 AM
    • 280 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    afc80
    the discount is for the full 18 month period.
    • jonnypb
    • By jonnypb 7th Jul 18, 3:32 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    jonnypb
    Been offered the following on Standard HD box.

Sky Entertainment, Kids, Box Sets and Sports for 38 on a 18 month contract and Sports HD free for 12 months but then 6 for the remaining 6 months. Doesn't seem that good a deal so declined for now.
    • jojaca
    • By jojaca 8th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    jojaca
    Similar offer to you for standard HD box.

Sky Entertainment with Sports in HD for 33 and declined. I only want Sky for football and not really interested in anything else, Netflix covers everything I want to watch TV wise and I have BT sport.

I am not really desperate for it because of having others way of watching it(KODI), But they would twist my arm around 25 mark, which I know may never happen.
    • liamfromleeds
    • By liamfromleeds 9th Jul 18, 8:00 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    liamfromleeds
    I've been switching between Sky and BT for the last 3 years for phone and broadband on 12 month contracts from uswitch.

Currently on BT, 125 mastercard, 50 cheque and 31 a month for phone, high speed fibre broadband, basic tv and btsport.

If you count the mastercard and cheque as cash then it works out to 16.42 a month for the 12 months . Out of contract end Aug so will switch back to sky, though at quick glance they have reduced the mastercard to 50 this month, hope it goes back up in august, probably will as thats when they try and get the footy custs

I know its not strictly TV offers, as per post, but really 500 a year for tv, when netflix can be 120 a year and a shared bill with 4 people, and anything else can be downloaded/ streamed.
    • Packman21
    • By Packman21 9th Jul 18, 5:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Packman21
    Just started off the yearly conversations.

I'm currently on the old Variety package with HD (So the F1 channel is included for free), Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental. I was paying 48 but that has now gone up to 88.

Firstly, I've been told that there are absolutely no discounts on the old Variety package and so to get anything I would have to switch to Entertainment. Does anyone else know if that is true?

The offer I have been given for TV is:

Entertainment (no Box Sets and Kids as I don't use them) + HD: 21
    Sports (complete package) + HD: 17
    Total: 38

Is anyone able to say if that is a good deal or not? I see some are getting Entertainment for 10 but is that only after cancelling?

While that doesn't include Fibre, they offered 30 (12 Fibre + 18.99 Line Rental) but I'm probably going to move to PlusNet for 24 plus 80 flashback if it is still on.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 9th Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Just started off the yearly conversations.

I'm currently on the old Variety package with HD (So the F1 channel is included for free), Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental. I was paying 48 but that has now gone up to 88.

Firstly, I've been told that there are absolutely no discounts on the old Variety package and so to get anything I would have to switch to Entertainment. Does anyone else know if that is true?

The offer I have been given for TV is:

Entertainment (no Box Sets and Kids as I don't use them) + HD: 21
    Sports (complete package) + HD: 17
    Total: 38

Is anyone able to say if that is a good deal or not? I see some are getting Entertainment for 10 but is that only after cancelling?

While that doesn't include Fibre, they offered 30 (12 Fibre + 18.99 Line Rental) but I'm probably going to move to PlusNet for 24 plus 80 flashback if it is still on.
    Originally posted by Packman21
    Best I've seen on here for Entertainment is 11 a month plus 1 each for the addons (still annoys me that HD is considered an addon though). Best for their UL fibre I've seen (and been offered myself) is 23 a month.
    • joshparker1911
    • By joshparker1911 9th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joshparker1911
    I believe someone stated the other day they had been offered entertainment, HD and boxsets for 10 a month. But I haven't seen anybody else with this offer 11 and a 1 for Hd and 1 for boxsets seems to be the bottom price for most people
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Jul 18, 8:32 AM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I believe someone stated the other day they had been offered entertainment, HD and boxsets for 10 a month. But I haven't seen anybody else with this offer 11 and a 1 for Hd and 1 for boxsets seems to be the bottom price for most people
    Originally posted by joshparker1911
    That was post #1749 from @AdLead. They've not come back yet but I'm pretty sure that was a typo, they had a discount of 7.40 on a legacy package and have put their cancellation in.
    • rexel
    • By rexel 10th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 531 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    rexel
    been offered sky cinema 5.00
    sky sports. 14.00
    sky variety 16.75
    total 35.75 for 12 months
    is this a good deal 50% off can I get more
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Jul 18, 10:05 AM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    sky sports. 14.00
    sky variety 16.75
    Originally posted by rexel
    As long as it is a 12 month contract and you're not paying full whack for the last 6 months of an 18 month contract then yes, that's a good deal (if that's what you want obviously).
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Jul 18, 10:07 AM
    • 2,343 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Originally posted by Packman21
    sky sports. 14.00
    sky variety 16.75
    Originally posted by rexel
    Apparently not.
    • jonnypb
    • By jonnypb 10th Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    jonnypb
    Just took out this deal on Sky HD

Entertainment bundle at 15
    Sports 15
    Sports HD pack 2
    HD pack 1
    Kids pack 1
    Boxsets pack 1

= 35 a month for 12 months

Also Sky Fibre Max and Line Rental for 26 a month

Could have maybe held out for a few more off as some people seem to get the Entertainment bundle slightly cheaper, but it seems an OK deal.
    • Reckoner28
    • By Reckoner28 12th Jul 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reckoner28
    So I left a couple of weeks ago, was on a 67% off deal which I'd managed to keep on for 24 months. Tried to renegotiate but got nowhere so canceled hoping I'd get a better offer once the cancellation had gone through.

On my Sky account on their website I'm being offered:

Entertainment - 17.00
    Box Sets - 1.00
    Sports - 16.50
    Sky HD - 1.00
    Sports HD - 2.00

So 37.50 for what is usually 69.00 (~45% off), I've been on their chat a couple of times to try get this to nearer 30.00 but they won't budge. The first time I spoke to them on chat they tried to offer me the same for 38.00 so 50p more than the online offer!

Has the chat team lost the ability to give better offers? Would I have a better chance if I spoke to someone on the phone? Any ideas on who best to contact?
    • Jo Twickers
    • By Jo Twickers 12th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jo Twickers
    One very unhappy customer. After 3 weeks trying to speak to someone to renew my package, I just spoke to someone from retentions
    Entertainment, box sets, HD, cinema and the basic unlimited BB 53
    I declined and am due to be cut off this weekend. I was paying 44 a month before.
    Not sure what to do now! I just started a new box set!!!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 12th Jul 18, 3:06 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 2,042 Thanks
    brewerdave
    One very unhappy customer. After 3 weeks trying to speak to someone to renew my package, I just spoke to someone from retentions
    Entertainment, box sets, HD, cinema and the basic unlimited BB 53
    I declined and am due to be cut off this weekend. I was paying 44 a month before.
    Not sure what to do now! I just started a new box set!!!
    Originally posted by Jo Twickers

Hope you haven't cancelled the b/band & phone line?? The TV packages can be cancelled /uncancelled at literally an hour's notice, but once Sky have instructed BT Openreach to cease your line ,you COULD be without phone/bband for days if not weeks and you will probably lose your phone number.
    • Jo Twickers
    • By Jo Twickers 12th Jul 18, 3:41 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jo Twickers
    Hope you haven't cancelled the b/band & phone line?? The TV packages can be cancelled /uncancelled at literally an hour's notice, but once Sky have instructed BT Openreach to cease your line ,you COULD be without phone/bband for days if not weeks and you will probably lose your phone number.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I did, now i'm worried! I'm gonna try VM tonight, they recently set up in my area.
    Bit dissapointed with Sky, I've been with them 10 years. The woman I spoke to said they'd probably be cheaper!
    Worked out as 28 for tv and 25 for BB and phone.
    • Jo Twickers
    • By Jo Twickers 12th Jul 18, 4:12 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jo Twickers
    Just tried VM on live chat. Best offer for Full house with movies, box sets, HD for 12 months 60 a month.
    They're not exactly rolling out the red carpet. Told them no thanks. Bit stuck now! Really don't think Sky is worth 53 a month tho
    • jojaca
    • By jojaca 12th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    jojaca
    I personally would shop around for best broadband deal and then get Netflix to tie you over until you get suitable TV deal. Football season is coming soon and this time of year Sky are probably not that desperate for customers especially after the buzz of this years World Cup, they will probably of nice surge of new custom.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,435Posts Today

8,540Users online

Martin's Twitter