Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,064Posts
    • 38,626Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 83
    • Lenaldo
    • By Lenaldo 17th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Lenaldo
    If the chat option isn't there, delete all the cookies relating to the Sky website.

I had the same problem and once i deleted the cookies, the chat option button "magically" re-appeared!

Someone cynical might suggest that Sky do this to ensure you call and they can harangue you but i couldn't possibly say that...
    • planetf1
    • By planetf1 17th May 18, 6:29 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    planetf1
    Sigh. Sky were a headache to deal with. I figured I wanted to take up a deal I'd been offered last week, but in the process I was told I'd have to uncancel to go back to retentions. Now of course retentions are saying I have to go to winback, so have reinstated the cancelation (as they can't get even close). I couldn't even get the mailed-in offer I received 2 days ago in the post since my cancelation was no longer pending ...

I gave up waiting for the email, I may well just go with the next decent offer.

One question though -- whilst I can get offers, all except one (which I have no written notes on as it was a outbound phone call) were on condition of moving to the new entertainment pack (+hd, sports, boxed sets). Nothing wrong for now but I'm concerned leaving the f1 legacy pack isn't a good long term move. Currently the only sport I watch is f1.

What do people think? Are offers still possible on the hd/f1 legacy or have the finally clamped down on that?

It looks as if whilst Variety/HD/f1 on the old pack is 46.50 pcm
    Entertainment+sports+hd is 50 for a new customer (but that includes a 5pcm discount on Entertainment, 8 or so on sports, making the full price closer to 60.

So the dilemma is if should skip any offers persuading me to switch bundles, even paying full rate as long term it's better. Any thoughts? Or if I move to the new packages is a smallish discount (enough to offset the difference) fairly easy to get each year?

Opinions welcome. I need to close out on this!

Update: My re-cancelation came through. Full price on the new bundle setup looks like 64 (17 more), web discount is 35.50 (so 11 less than now)
    Last edited by planetf1; 17-05-2018 at 6:34 PM.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
    • jammerr
    • By jammerr 18th May 18, 8:27 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    jammerr
    They won't care. At the moment you won't get any cheaper than around 16 a month for entertainment package
    Originally posted by shaggy
    I've just had an email through for 13 a month (+1 HD/boxsets)

No word on extra packages in the email
    • jammerr
    • By jammerr 18th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    jammerr
    They won't care. At the moment you won't get any cheaper than around 16 a month for entertainment package
    Originally posted by shaggy
    I've just had an email through for 13 a month (+1 HD/boxsets)

No word on extra packages in the email
    Originally posted by jammerr
    Asked about Sports etc

Basically I'm being offered 50% off pm on a 12 month contract.

Have turned it down for now
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 19th May 18, 3:50 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    shaggy
    Asked about Sports etc

Basically I'm being offered 50% off pm on a 12 month contract.

Have turned it down for now
    Originally posted by jammerr
    That's actually not bad given the current offers. How much oer mint is 50 percent off?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

20Posts Today

3,718Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin