Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,546Posts
    • 39,645Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 82
    • comalley2015
    • By comalley2015 8th May 18, 1:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    comalley2015
    What would you think a good price would be for the full Sky HD TV packages per mont. I am a 10 year customer and have been offered 40 per month on chat (I am in my cancellation period).
    • funkey_monkey
    • By funkey_monkey 8th May 18, 8:12 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    funkey_monkey
    Hi,

Was looking to move property. Currently on Variety @32pm with no HD.

Was offered Q 2TB box for 199 and Entertainment at 25pm for HD. That is no better than a new customer. A few weeks ago I was offered the same box for 30 and 20pm for the Entertainment package inc HD.
    I've been with them over 18 years.

I was wanting the 2TB box as I want the bluetooth remote - the property is setup to have a comms room and it is neater to have the box out of sight.

Seriously thinking about pulling the plug altogether and getting rid of their ugly dish too. We only have Sky for the Discovery channels!

Should I have been expecting a better offer than that? That was from the disconnection team.
    Last edited by funkey_monkey; 08-05-2018 at 8:24 PM.
    • Th3 Ripper
    • By Th3 Ripper 8th May 18, 8:19 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Th3 Ripper
    Not sure if this helps anyone..

I received a letter/flyer today via the post offering an upgrade to Sky Q for the same price as my current deal (28 a month for multi room, entertainment, kids, box sets). It is also displayed online.
    • Captain89
    • By Captain89 9th May 18, 1:32 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Captain89
    Hi,

Was looking to move property. Currently on Variety @32pm with no HD.

Was offered Q 2TB box for 199 and Entertainment at 25pm for HD. That is no better than a new customer. A few weeks ago I was offered the same box for 30 and 20pm for the Entertainment package inc HD.
    I've been with them over 18 years.

I was wanting the 2TB box as I want the bluetooth remote - the property is setup to have a comms room and it is neater to have the box out of sight.

Seriously thinking about pulling the plug altogether and getting rid of their ugly dish too. We only have Sky for the Discovery channels!

Should I have been expecting a better offer than that? That was from the disconnection team.
    Originally posted by funkey_monkey
    You usually get the best deals when you actually put in your cancellation notice. Do that, if they offer you a deal you like then take it and then pay the 30 for the home move? You'll keep any offers you have if you use the home move team rather than sign up as a new customer.
    • Captain89
    • By Captain89 9th May 18, 1:34 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Captain89
    What would you think a good price would be for the full Sky HD TV packages per mont. I am a 10 year customer and have been offered 40 per month on chat (I am in my cancellation period).
    Originally posted by comalley2015
    50% off is usually the min people aim for with sky. Mine is 60% as that's the min I've been getting for 5 odd years and am not willing to ever pay more as I can easily live without sky.

My latest offer is 61.5% off but that's cause I only managed to get 50% off multiroom which brought the overall TV % down.
    • bridders73
    • By bridders73 9th May 18, 1:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bridders73
    Got new Sky broadband deal online - took about 4 seconds
    As usual my Sky broadband payments had crept up and I was paying 32 per month - way too much. Went online to get my account number so I could ring them and make the usual threats to leave and spotted a 'Thinking of cancelling Sky Broadband?' button. Clicked on this, answered a couple of questions about it being too expensive and there are better deals out there and was offered Sky Broadband Unlimited for 20 per month for a year. Accepted this as a lot less hassle than moving to a new provider, and the whole thing took about 4 seconds. Sharing in case useful to anyone else.
    • niktheguru
    • By niktheguru 9th May 18, 6:35 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    niktheguru
    For reference, the deals I were recently offered after putting in a cancellation request were:

Sky HD:

Entertainment pack: 15
    Kids: 1
    Box sets:1
    HD: 1
    Sports HD: 2
    Sports and cinema: 19
    Multiscreen:12
    Total 51 a month on 12 month contract

Sky Q:
    Free 2tb Sky Q box + 1 mini box
    Entertainment pack: 16
    Kids: 3.50
    HD: .3.50
    Box sets: 3.50
    Sports HD@ 2
    Sports and cinema: 20
    Multiscreen: 12
    Total 60 on 18 month contract (but sports and cinema go up10 a month after 12 months)

I took the sky q option. Would have gone to virgin media VIP package instead due to better internet and bt sport inclusion but still have 6 month minimum term left on sky fibre max bundle.

I was offered varying prices for above packages on both phone and live chat, but this was the best of the 4 times i tried. I know its not as good as some has had, but thought i'd share my experience.
    • Etiquette123
    • By Etiquette123 9th May 18, 10:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Etiquette123
    I handed my cancellation request in 10 days ago:

Was paying 57 for

Sky Entertainment
    Box Sets
    Kids
    Sports and Movies
    Multiscreen
    HD

Been offered all the above for 58 over the phone and 56 through webchat ????????????

What are the chances they will give me a better deal before it actually cancels

Really tempted to go with Virgin Media's VIP bundle
    • rgjohnson
    • By rgjohnson 9th May 18, 10:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rgjohnson
    Today's Deal
    Bill had gone up to approx. 80 for Entertainment, Box, Kids, HD, Sports and Multiroom.

Turned down their initial offer of 64 and held out trying a few channels. Eventually, got 15 for entertainment, 14.50 for sports, 1 each for kids, hd and box sets and 12 for multiroom. Insisted that all bar entertainment on rolling 1 month contract (as may drop sports and multi) and they were happy with that.

44.50 in total.
    • rivageeza
    • By rivageeza 10th May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    rivageeza
    On the day my Sky was switched off, I went onto live chat and managed to get Entertainment, Kids, Boxsets and HD using my existing SkyHD box for 16 a month.
    • cashmonger
    • By cashmonger 10th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    cashmonger
    My 9.95 deal I got on here is about to be up at the end of the month.

Gonna try giving them a ring and tell them of the plusnet offer for 10 a month on here.
    • Etiquette123
    • By Etiquette123 11th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Etiquette123
    Just got Sky Q 2tb
    plus
    Sky Q mini
    Entertainment
    Sports
    Movies
    Kids
    Box sets
    HD
    one off 40 quid set up
    52 pm for 18 months

As a 'new customer' through a friend who works at sky
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 12th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 972 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    shaggy
    My 9.95 deal I got on here is about to be up at the end of the month.

Gonna try giving them a ring and tell them of the plusnet offer for 10 a month on here.
    Originally posted by cashmonger
    They won't care. At the moment you won't get any cheaper than around 16 a month for entertainment package
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 12th May 18, 5:42 PM
    • 972 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    shaggy
    On the day my Sky was switched off, I went onto live chat and managed to get Entertainment, Kids, Boxsets and HD using my existing SkyHD box for 16 a month.
    Originally posted by rivageeza

It's the standard deal retentions offer to everyone at the moment.
    • Paradigm
    • By Paradigm 12th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 3,432 Posts
    • 4,318 Thanks
    Paradigm
    Haggling with Sky...
    I've been with Sky for a long time & never had a problem but I'm paying 40 per month for up to 38mbs with line rental.

I want to try for a better price but I'd like something to "threaten" them with, that I'd be prepared to move to if I had too if they weren't prepared to offer a deal.

There are many offers that are way cheaper than I'm paying now but most get bad reviews.. Talk talk, BT, EE, PlusNet etc

Any advice? I'd like to stay with Sky but unless I have a viable alternative to switch to....
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
    • deadlyleadly
    • By deadlyleadly 12th May 18, 11:00 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    deadlyleadly
    currently paying 25 per month (have benn for about 4 years now) this is for full sky package (movies,sport,box sets HD etc) deal ends in july whats the latest best deal.?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I've been with Sky for a long time & never had a problem but I'm paying 40 per month for up to 38mbs with line rental.

I want to try for a better price but I'd like something to "threaten" them with, that I'd be prepared to move to if I had too if they weren't prepared to offer a deal.

There are many offers that are way cheaper than I'm paying now but most get bad reviews.. Talk talk, BT, EE, PlusNet etc

Any advice? I'd like to stay with Sky but unless I have a viable alternative to switch to....
    Originally posted by Paradigm
    Sky get bad reviews too but I never had an issue with them for 10 years, that didn't stop me moving to NowTV for 20 UL fibre a month back.

It shouldn't stop you either as Vodafone are doing the same 20 a month deal, admittedly I would probably give TalkTalk a swerve as they seem to be genuinely bad.

The best Sky would do was 23 a month for UL fibre but this was only after I'd initiated the switch.
    • tarkytarks
    • By tarkytarks 16th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    tarkytarks
    I cancelled last Friday after our 60% off offer ended. Just had a phonecall from Sky "to confirm final payment details" and was then asked if we'd consider staying - I said we would stay if they would offer us a price as close as possible to the previous price (it was 35 per month for everything - HD, movies and sport), was offered 12 months at 38 per month. Hubby and I had already agreed that we'd accept any offer below 40 so we are happy. I'm glad they rang actually, it saves me from camping out for the best offer!
    • planetf1
    • By planetf1 17th May 18, 9:03 AM
    • 352 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    planetf1
    Are sky@mysky.uk any good for cancel/retention offers?

I got frustrated with the call centre, and chat wasn't available so I opted for email. I noted they stated up to 5 days . Is it likely to be worth waiting for them, are they able to offer decent deals typically (compared to the call centre)? How long do they typically take to reply?

Thanks
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th May 18, 9:21 AM
    • 5,092 Posts
    • 2,240 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Are sky@mysky.uk any good for cancel/retention offers?

I got frustrated with the call centre, and chat wasn't available so I opted for email. I noted they stated up to 5 days . Is it likely to be worth waiting for them, are they able to offer decent deals typically (compared to the call centre)? How long do they typically take to reply?

Thanks
    Originally posted by planetf1

Unfortunately I think that they will just tell you to phone IF you get a reply that is
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,921Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin