Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,558Posts
    • 39,657Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 79
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 9,119 Posts
    • 5,434 Thanks
    teddysmum
    oooh that's good. They told me an 18 month contract.

I keep checking my message centre....nothing yet!
    Originally posted by frugal dougal

My first offer, after refusing 50% off on leaving, last December, has just appeared : Entertainment £15. I'm not interested.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 6th Apr 18, 5:59 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    My first offer, after refusing 50% off on leaving, last December, has just appeared : Entertainment £15. I'm not interested.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    You can get Netflix for £10 or cheaper and that's much better value IMHO. Sky will have to try harder
    • tired dad
    • By tired dad 8th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    tired dad
    Sky Entertainment Pack @ £25.00 pm
    Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sky Box Set Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm
    Sports & Cinema Pack @ £38.00 pm
    Sky Q Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm
    Q Multiscreen @ £12.00 pm

Total monthly cost will be £51 a month for 12 months thereafter £96.00 per month. Along with Free Sky Go Extra and Free On Demand
    • Lill111
    • By Lill111 9th Apr 18, 8:41 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Lill111
    Contract is up its going frim £47 with tv,box sets and movies , kids channels, fiber broadband , and phone to £97.
    I rang to cancel to be told £65 without box sts and movies take it or leave it as i had thousands of savings over the ladt 10 years !!!128563;
    And then when i said no i am cancelling got told if i canvel the broadband the line will go inactive and the new provider will have a at least 2 week gap before being able to suply me with briadband again , is that right ? After 10 years i was expecting some better customer service !
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Apr 18, 9:22 AM
    • 5,106 Posts
    • 2,250 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Contract is up its going frim £47 with tv,box sets and movies , kids channels, fiber broadband , and phone to £97.
    I rang to cancel to be told £65 without box sts and movies take it or leave it as i had thousands of savings over the ladt 10 years !!!128563;
    And then when i said no i am cancelling got told if i canvel the broadband the line will go inactive and the new provider will have a at least 2 week gap before being able to suply me with briadband again , is that right ? After 10 years i was expecting some better customer service !
    Originally posted by Lill111
    Been said many times on these forums DON'T cancel phone line/broadband - if you can't negotiate a satisfactory deal with Sky for these services, then find a new provider (hopefully with cashback) and get them to arrange to take over your line - the agent is partially correct in that once you cancel with Sky, they instruct BT Openreach to disconnect you at the exchange, which can result in a delay as the new provider will have to order a new line .
    You will almost certainly lose your number and possibly( if there is a shortage of available lines ) may be without for a considerable time.
    Cancelling the TV part is easy as even after the service has been switched off, it can be reconnected within hours (or even minutes)
    • spiritus
    • By spiritus 12th Apr 18, 7:29 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    spiritus
    Well, I have 7 days left of my 30 day notice and Sky haven't tried very hard at all to persuade me to stay.

They have phoned my landline a few times but always during working hours !

No messages when I log into my Sky account and no emails.
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 16th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Switched off saturday. I used the 'left in the last 12 months ' chat link, and got offered

Sports, Entertainment, Kids, all in HD for £31.50 a month for 12 months. Not too bad considering what others have been getting but I'll leave it switched off for now seeing I have Netflix to keep me occupied.

Not that desperate at this moment so might get Disney Life at £4.99 a month, and that will keep the kids happy , much better than what they watch on Sky Cinema anyway.
    • tay14
    • By tay14 16th Apr 18, 6:09 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tay14
    Just got a letter and offer on line

Sky entertainment £13 a month for 12months

Then all of the below on a 31 day rolling contract
    Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month
    Sky sports £14.50 a month
    • rovers86
    • By rovers86 17th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    rovers86
    Got offered the same but movies for £4.50 extra, again like others switched off since Feb and havenít really missed it have a couple of now TVs passes anyway in the November ď Black FridayĒ sale.
    debts :
    Virgin £2799 £1660
    Rbs £1879 £1640
    Halifax £890 ish now £460
    Nationwide £428 gone !
    Very £301 gone !
    • frugal dougal
    • By frugal dougal 18th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    frugal dougal

Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month
    Originally posted by tay14
    oh man! why don't I get this! I keep getting texts from them saying I can change my mind before the 31 days is up but no letters or messages online!
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 18th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy

Box sets £1 a month
    Kids £1 a month
    HD £1 a month
    Cinema £9 a month
    Originally posted by tay14
    Same as what I got offered above. Seems to be about the best they'll do at the moment.
    • tay14
    • By tay14 19th Apr 18, 6:31 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tay14
    oh man! why don't I get this! I keep getting texts from them saying I can change my mind before the 31 days is up but no letters or messages online!
    Originally posted by frugal dougal
    I think iam about 2 weeks in to my cancellation period. They might send you the same offer soon.
    • FloFlo
    • By FloFlo 21st Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 32,186 Posts
    • 211,356 Thanks
    FloFlo
    Just rang to give my notice. I was paying £41 for entertainment, sports, cinema and multiroom. For broadband, line rental and unlimited evenings and weekends I was paying just under £20.

I was offered £24.50 for broadband and phone package instead of the increased price of £34.

For the same TV package I was offered around £50 a month so total of approx £85 for broadband, phone and tv package. Said no thank you and now I will wait for a better offer or renegotiate the broadband and phone and cancel the tv.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 21st Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Just rang to give my notice. I was paying £41 for entertainment, sports, cinema and multiroom. For broadband, line rental and unlimited evenings and weekends I was paying just under £20.

I was offered £24.50 for broadband and phone package instead of the increased price of £34.

For the same TV package I was offered around £50 a month so total of approx £85 for broadband, phone and tv package. Said no thank you and now I will wait for a better offer or renegotiate the broadband and phone and cancel the tv.
    Originally posted by FloFlo
    Move the broadband over to one of the many cashback offers like BT or plusnet. And cancel sky. I've been without it for a week and don't miss it one bit.

Iplayer is there for BBC stuff and Netflix is there for box sets.
    • FloFlo
    • By FloFlo 25th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 32,186 Posts
    • 211,356 Thanks
    FloFlo

Had a phone call today but it was more expensive than I was offered last time and the customer service assistant was appalling. She struggled to string a coherent sentence together and at one point was asking me if I wanted to take offer when she hadn't told me what the offer was or how much it was, lol. I turned it down and will either wait a bit longer or contact live chat next week.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 26th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    Had a phone call today but it was more expensive than I was offered last time and the customer service assistant was appalling. She struggled to string a coherent sentence together and at one point was asking me if I wanted to take offer when she hadn't told me what the offer was or how much it was, lol. I turned it down and will either wait a bit longer or contact live chat next week.

I have a feeling that their offers will remain crap, for a while at least, until this proposed buyout of Sky goes through.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 26th Apr 18, 11:20 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 1,371 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I have a feeling that their offers will remain crap, for a while at least, until this proposed buyout of Sky goes through.
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Agreed, I'm waiting for my NowTV BB to go live in a few days time after being with Sky for 10 years. They wouldn't budge beyond £25 for UL fibre until I had to phone them back about silly emails regarding ETC's and even then they'd only drop down to £23.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 26th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 973 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    shaggy
    has anyone been offered a rolling month by month contract? i have just thought about this and the World Cup is on over the summer, so it would be good to have some sort of record / rewind facility
    • rovers86
    • By rovers86 26th Apr 18, 12:36 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    rovers86
    Hi shaggy.

I was for an extra £5 a month on top of my offer listed a few posts/pages above .
    debts :
    Virgin £2799 £1660
    Rbs £1879 £1640
    Halifax £890 ish now £460
    Nationwide £428 gone !
    Very £301 gone !
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 28th Apr 18, 11:10 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    I left Sky in November last year, but do miss some of the channels and am considering going back.

When I log into their website, they are offering me:
    Sky Entertainment - £15
    Box Sets - £1
    HD - £1
    Cinema - £9
    Total = £26 per month

However one of my main reasons for leaving was that I couldn't record/watch more than 1 channel at a time, as I'm in a flat and only have a single feed.

I contacted Sky by Live Chat today to ask if I could have the same offer on Sky Q (which would then resolve the recording more than one channel at a time). Understand the communal system would need the plug in adapter fitted.

However the agent advised I couldn't have the same offer on Sky Q and the best he could do for the above would be £43 a month for 12 months, then £63 a month after that for 6 months (total contract 18 months). However this would also include Multiscreen. I said I did not want multiscreen, to which I was told if I didn't take multiscreen I would still be charged the same every month and have to pay £199 set up. I asked what would happen if I went for the 1TB box instead of the 2TB box. He said it would make no difference to the prices offered.

I can't see how the above can be correct?!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,488Posts Today

4,785Users online

Martin's Twitter