Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,198Posts
    • 39,142Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 72
    • shavy65
    • By shavy65 12th Jan 18, 2:58 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    shavy65
    None that I can see ....unless you like to record multiple channels at once, or want to watch different channels at the same time in different bedrooms.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    On the odd occasion we are watching something and get the error about 2 other programmes about to record I just cancel one of the programmes and reschedule it to record on one of the other several viewings that week (usual the same day).

To view 2 channels at the same time I assumed you`d need to pay the extra 12 per month, right?
    • DarrenJInglis
    • By DarrenJInglis 13th Jan 18, 2:03 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    DarrenJInglis
    I left Sky a few months back because my deal was ending (originally was paying 12.99/m for basic package plus kids and entertainment, no contract).

I phoned back about 4 months later, just before Christmas and got the same deal again, but this time with movies added on for 9/m, again no contract.

So I now have Sky entertainment and kids for 12/m and movies for 9/m, 21/m altogether, with no fixed contract so I cancel anytime.

Pretty pleased with that.
    • Phill84
    • By Phill84 14th Jan 18, 6:35 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Phill84
    Hi just wondering anyone has received any 18 months deals on Sky Q. My current Sky HD + ended yesterday so I!!!8217;ve been on both live chat and over phone at looking to rejoin but on Sky Q but both discounted offers were for 12 months but on 18 months contract so would be paying full price for the last 6 months. I declined both as don!!!8217;t want to be paying full price for 6 months. Has anyone managed to get offers for the full 18 months or are these the only deals they are offering?
    • lampshire2005
    • By lampshire2005 17th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lampshire2005
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post. Advice needed please:
    I!!!8217;m currently out of contract with Sky and BT (landline and broadband) and want to secure the best possible deal with sky.
    I want to move everything to sky and have a 4K TV and want sky Q.
    I do not have a current !!!8220;deal!!!8221; with sky and have (and want) sports, movies, multiroom etc.
    Can someone please advise best course of action?
    Sorry but there!!!8217;s so many pages in this thread and not really sure where to start!
    Many thanks
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 17th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 921 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Few months ago, I joined Sky TV and cancelled it same day.

Last month, I went for Entertainment package priced at 20. I refused, and said I was on Sky before. So they offered me Entertainment package for 18 months for 14 p/m.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 17th Jan 18, 6:30 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Few months ago, I joined Sky TV and cancelled it same day.

Last month, I went for Entertainment package priced at 20. I refused, and said I was on Sky before. So they offered me Entertainment package for 18 months for 14 p/m.
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    I have entertainment and skysports for 25 per month.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 18th Jan 18, 12:23 PM
    • 2,010 Posts
    • 7,415 Thanks
    Oakdene
    And so it begins....

Was paying 50.20 for cinema, box sets & unlimited Fibre. TV contract came to the end of 12 months so I cancelled yesterdat. They said "ah you will lose your discount on fibre & it will go up to 38.99" I told them I was happy for this to happen.

Just taken a call where they have said that they will discount the fibre to 28.00 & they will allow me to keep the recording function of my sky box.

Will wait to see what I get offered on tv.
    Does dim arian 'da fi, ond breuddwydion 'da fi.

Gwlad yr Ia & Columbia (no Welsh word for Columbia)
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 18th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    shaggy
    I have entertainment and skysports for 25 per month.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    the full kaboodle + box sets + sports HD + movies HD 18.50 p/m here, due to expire in April, but i wont be surprised if they ask for around 50 this time round
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    the full kaboodle + box sets + sports HD + movies HD 18.50 p/m here, due to expire in April, but i wont be surprised if they ask for around 50 this time round
    Originally posted by shaggy
    The trouble is that their offers, if you actually left ,have got better and better, though once, 50% off was thought a good deal. Now they have reverted to 50% at best, it is harder to accept after having had much higher offers.

50% isn't bad at all, but I just couldn't bring myself to accept and two months on, they have made no attempt to get me back, there being no offers on the My Sky or tv screen accounts.
    • Mastanlem
    • By Mastanlem 20th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mastanlem
    I left on 23rd Nov and have had one offer via email and this month one offer via a letter and one via a postcard, same offer.
    10 for entertainment and 2 for hd. Plus others which i would not be interested in.

Will not be returning until my husband has watch Superbikes via Amazon Eurosport channel, and if he misses the recording function for the motorbikes we will go back but only on the reduced amount. I will never pay full price again.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 21st Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 921 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    I get entertainment pack from sky 14 pm, I know kids pack is 5 pm extra. Are there and tips/discount I could talk to sky to lower the rate from 19? I'm not currently getting kids pack at moment.

Thanks
    • Goldust
    • By Goldust 21st Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 416 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Goldust
    Been a while since I've done this as I've been pretty lucky as me and the missus both had separate Sky accounts so there was always a decent offer on one or the other.

She's had a 60% off offer that runs until the end of the month so I'm thinking of cancelling mine now (there will be a slight overlap) as my 60% off deal finishes in about 6 weeks anyway.

I'm guessing I'm not going to get 60% off the bat for my existing account but that would be easier than reactivating hers. Anyone got a mega-deal as soon as they've cancelled or is that consigned to the history books now?
    • snnl
    • By snnl 22nd Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    snnl
    Hey I have a question, and was wondering a couple of things! Ive seen across the internet to play hardball to get the best deals for retention. How true is this? Do you get the 50, 60 and 75% off I've seen floating around?

I ask because our Sky is way out of contract. We are paying 82.50pm currently. We get all the usual channels, box sets, plus Sky Cinema (discounted). With line rental and unlimited broadband included too (although internet is crap). Nothing special really and is rather expensive for what we get!

Went on live chat to see what they would do and they 'did their best' and offered me the same package, with sky sports and fibre added in for 62pm. To me this is still rather pricey so i held firm and and said it was still too expensive/virgin do a better deal - what can they do etc and to cut the story short. Nothing!

So i casually went along with it and said go ahead cancel it and thats that. Now in my account I've already seen a 30% off if I stay (but i think thats what he offered on the chat if not worse), are they going to up this? Maybe call me with better and tempt me to stay? What can I expect.

In an idea world I'd love fibre broadband, with all the channels (Q if it was possible) for as cheap as possible. Not bothered by land line as we never call anyone and we use mobiles for everything

31 days until its all gone! Thank you in advance!
    • gazbeer
    • By gazbeer 23rd Jan 18, 8:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gazbeer
    I'm 10 days away from my notice period being complete.

The first offer was 30% off my TV, had another conversation with them last night and apparently 'exclusively' for me it's now 40%.

Holding out for 50% and i'll be happy.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 23rd Jan 18, 8:36 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Hey I have a question, and was wondering a couple of things! Ive seen across the internet to play hardball to get the best deals for retention. How true is this? Do you get the 50, 60 and 75% off I've seen floating around?
    Originally posted by snnl

Indeed the stories are true. I used to get about 50% off, but late in 2016 let my tv service go off, after refusing 50% again.

A few weeks later someone posted that she had seen an offer of 75% off with 100 credit whish was only showing on the 'left in last 12 months' area of My Sky . A number of us checked and were given the offer with others accepting 60% without letting their service go off.

This used to be a regular occurrence though 75% and a large credit were very unusual. It meant that I had boxed sets and cinema free for all but the last couple of months, where I paid 14 (credit and residue in account used up).

This time 50% was offered at the time of cancellation, followed by the same offer by letter.It then dropped to30% (nothing unusualto this point) but instead of an improvement, even the 30% vanished on all contacts,with a note saying nothing could be offered online,so call, but as 50% seems a lot compared to before there is no point in bothering....and the only thing I'm missing is the smooth catchup, demand record situation; not the programmes.
    • Weave
    • By Weave 24th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Weave
    My 12 months contract for TV with movies, box sets and two Sky + boxes has just ended at a price of 34 pm. I was on a 60% discount after cancelling last time and getting this 60% offer via the TV messaging service.

I have just called to negotiate and they initially offered 57 pm and then 40 pm which she said was 50% off so they are doing 50% quite easily at the moment. I didn't have to work hard to get that offer from the retentions department.

I have cancelled for now and will see if any better offers appear on my TV this time. Holding out for 60% again.
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 25th Jan 18, 11:12 AM
    • 477 Posts
    • 1,019 Thanks
    Dawning
    I said I'd update with 'offers' following my cancellation.

For reference :
    I'm two weeks into my 30 day notice period.
    I'm with Sky only for tv, I have everything except multi-room and it's Sky HD+
    I've been paying around 32 a month on a no contract deal. They messed up my billing back in August so that figure is an average over the last 12 months.

Offer on my Sky box and in My Sky is 30% discount.
    Had a letter in the post yesterday offering 50% off .

• Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 25th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 1,034 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I said I'd update with 'offers' following my cancellation.

For reference :
    I'm two weeks into my 30 day notice period.
    I'm with Sky only for tv, I have everything except multi-room and it's Sky HD+
    I've been paying around 32 a month on a no contract deal. They messed up my billing back in August so that figure is an average over the last 12 months.

Offer on my Sky box and in My Sky is 30% discount.
    Had a letter in the post yesterday offering 50% off .
    Originally posted by Dawning
    Ignore the Sky box and the My Sky account offers, they always seem to be 30% regardless and will probably remain at that level even if you re-subscribe.

There was a little piece on Sky ditching the dish on the BBC this morning which had an interesting little snippet about discounting:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42815603

Sky said the fall was a result of more customers taking its premium Sky Q box and a more disciplined and targeted approach to discounting.
    They also mentioned:-

A new USB stick will allow customers to watch Now TV content on any television - including EU countries when an expected change to "geoblocking" rules comes into effect this summer.
    An end to the NowTV box maybe?
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 25th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 1,019 Thanks
    Dawning

There was a little piece on Sky ditching the dish on the BBC this morning which had an interesting little snippet about discounting:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42815603

Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Very interesting about the dish being ditched.
    In my previous house I would lose signal every time it rained heavily. Sky sent two engineers out over the course of a year to try to reposition the dish but unfortunately the dish couldn't be relocated to a better, less exposed place.

• GTR King
    • By GTR King 25th Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    GTR King
    Sky offered me 50.30 a month

Sky Q 2TB
    Sky Q Mini Box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Boxsets Bundle
    115 Install price

Gonna ring again & use my mates discount code and see what i can get
    Last edited by GTR King; 25-01-2018 at 8:58 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,047Posts Today

8,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin