Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 35,926Posts
    • 42,077Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 163
    • davidmcg2u
    • By davidmcg2u 15th Jan 20, 4:24 PM
    • 386 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    davidmcg2u
    Deal ending soon - notice given to cancel
    Hi folks - I'm almost at the end of my deal so gave Sky their month's notice like I do every January.

I was offered the following on chat:

Entertainment - £17
    HD - £1
    Kids - £1
    Ultimate on Demand - £3 (honouring current deal to 2021)
    Sports & Cinema - £26
    Sky Q MS - £13
    Superfast BB with line rental - £27

Current paying £90 a month so this would be £88.

Was really tempted with Virgin Media's deal of full TV package, Fibre BB & Free sim. This is £89 o 12 month contractwith £165 via Topcashback & £150 cashback through VM's site until midnight. Our lines were laid in December so I would need to wait 10 days for a Eng visit so the £265 offers not available to me - gutted!!

• dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 16th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    On chat earlier today

Got offered
    Entertainment for £22
    Kids. £1
    HD. £1
    Ultimate on demand £10
    Sky cinema £8
    Multiscreen £13

Total cost is £55 for 18 months plus a £10 admin fee

So I’ve declined that
    • marco44
    • By marco44 16th Jan 20, 4:14 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    marco44
    I nearing the end of my contract. So I contacted sky today on chat to see what they would offer me.
    I’m currently paying £50 per month.
    There final offer was
    Entertainment £15
    HD £1
    Sports in HD £17
    Cinema £8
    Multi screen £13
    Total £54 per month
    I refused this and cancelled my contact. It ends in 30 days.
    Waiting to see if they get back to me with a better offer.
    • mynameisrui
    • By mynameisrui 17th Jan 20, 7:16 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mynameisrui
    What are peopleís strategy for getting a good deal? Best offer I got was when I gave my notice but now every time I call or chat I get deals that are much worse than I was offered initially and they donít want to haggle with me. Surely I wonít actually have to leave will I?!
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 17th Jan 20, 8:26 AM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    What are peopleís strategy for getting a good deal? Best offer I got was when I gave my notice but now every time I call or chat I get deals that are much worse than I was offered initially and they donít want to haggle with me. Surely I wonít actually have to leave will I?!
    Originally posted by mynameisrui
    Iím kinda hoping i get a decent deal.......but to be honest I think Iím set for leaving this time...
    • sparky200
    • By sparky200 17th Jan 20, 11:51 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    sparky200
    Iím kinda hoping i get a decent deal.......but to be honest I think Iím set for leaving this time...
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    You have to fully leave before you get the best deal available.
    • pinkzebra
    • By pinkzebra 17th Jan 20, 2:04 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    pinkzebra
    My contract ran out, so I phoned them for a better deal. Iím really happy with what I got:

Tv (Entertainment and hd) £18
    Superfast broadband £21

And Iíve upgraded to sky q for free (my current box is I donít know how old - 10 years?) no admin or installation fees.

So total £39 a month.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 17th Jan 20, 4:04 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    You have to fully leave before you get the best deal available.
    Originally posted by sparky200
    More than happy to do that.....enough on Netflix and amazon prime to keep me amused for a few weeks....
    Good offer on NowTV in Costco at the moment.....
    • Goldust
    • By Goldust 18th Jan 20, 6:51 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    Goldust
    I just got a cracker of a deal from Sky. I didn't have it for about 4 months after leaving my old house as I was living with family who already had Sky so it was completely cancelled.

They never sent me anything at all to come back but I saw a generic "come back to Sky" link on hotukdeals so clicked that, signed in and chatted to the advisor.

I got Sky Q install at my new house, an extra box (with multiroom subscription), Sports, Movies, Entertainment, Kids and Box Sets for £46 per month. £25 up front which is the admin fee and charge for both boxes. Very pleased with that. I presume because I was classed as a "leaver" I got such a deal but I didn't think they'd do much as it was a new installation and equipment.

If anyone wants the link, here it is:

https://www.sky.com/live-chat/comeback?DCMP=dmc-sky.com-ec-Winback-dm1
    • mynameisrui
    • By mynameisrui 19th Jan 20, 7:14 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mynameisrui
    Ended up agreeing yesterday for

Entertainment £15
    HD £1
    Box Sets £1
    Cinema £10

One off £10 admin fee and free sky q box and installation. Overall happy enough with it. Only problem is I have to wait a month for sky q to be installed!

Hoping there will be some good UOD offers on my account in the near future
    • Pekoz1
    • By Pekoz1 19th Jan 20, 3:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Pekoz1
    Sky Cancellation Chat and Deal Offered for Sky+ (Black boxes)
    For info....Just had a long cancellation online chat (125 minutes!) with Sky for my mother in law.....sky customers for 17 years (to put things in context)

For the last year they have been paying £53 a month for the full package on 2 boxes (on 12 month contract). Price now risen to £73 this month and £96 next month.

Sky agent offered to check best prices and process cancellation if I wanted to.

1st offer was £66 for current full package or £46 if Sports was dropped. 2 boxes. 18th month contract.

Carried on with cancellation and his final offer (after speaking to manager!!) was £56 for full package on 2 boxes or £39 without Sports. 18 month contract. £20 admin fee.

Since mother in law is risk averse went with £56 full package but agent credited back £20 admin fee.

Overall I felt that they were keeping me waiting deliberately on chat to encourage me to take a deal....125 mins was excessive.

In previous years I have actually cancelled and recontracted in the 30/31 day cancellation window.

Was I likely to have gotten a better deal than above this year if I had done the same?

Thanks Mark
    • anthonyrg1969
    • By anthonyrg1969 20th Jan 20, 5:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anthonyrg1969
    Bloody SKY do nothing except overcharge people without their notice! I took out one of their offers for £35 a month. This included Sky TV (with Discovery and Sports Golf) complete with phone and broadband. Was paying the £35 for six months, but without notice my last bill was £155.00. Where do they get theses figures from. Phoned them at their call centre, spoke to a nice woman who unfortunately couldn't help. Ask for a Manager and was talking to someone who had just come out of nappies and hadn't a clue about the real world! Her basic answer was COMPUTER SAYS NO!!!).

This company hasn't got a clue!! My TV has been disconnected, but how (why) can I still use the internet and phone (both on the same contract)!!!
    • Sleighton123
    • By Sleighton123 20th Jan 20, 10:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sleighton123
    Was offered £53 at point of cancellation - this was the price I was paying anyway but based on the forums I decided to cancel in the hope I could get it cheaper

Today I got a text message saying:

Hi, we're sorry you want to cancel your Sky TV. It's not too late to change your mind call 03337 594 455 or visit sky.com/reviewmyoptions to review your options​

Contacted them just now and they said how much did I have in mind. I said i was paying £53 so maybe a bit less only to be told the best they could do was £69 and the original offer at cancellation was a "spot on" offer that can't be matched.

Entertainment
    Kids
    Ultimate on demand
    Sky sports with hd
    Multiscreen

Cancelled on the 6th and got that text message today. Obviously I'll need to hold out but any other tips. Now in a position where I just wish I took the £53 and stuck with it to be honest but obviously can't at this stage
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 21st Jan 20, 9:26 AM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Bloody SKY do nothing except overcharge people without their notice! I took out one of their offers for £35 a month. This included Sky TV (with Discovery and Sports Golf) complete with phone and broadband. Was paying the £35 for six months, but without notice my last bill was £155.00. Where do they get theses figures from. Phoned them at their call centre, spoke to a nice woman who unfortunately couldn't help. Ask for a Manager and was talking to someone who had just come out of nappies and hadn't a clue about the real world! Her basic answer was COMPUTER SAYS NO!!!).

This company hasn't got a clue!! My TV has been disconnected, but how (why) can I still use the internet and phone (both on the same contract)!!!
    Originally posted by anthonyrg1969
    If you're just looking to vent then The Praise, Vent & Warnings Board is this way ->

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

If you're looking for help then re-post in The TV MoneySaving Board here ->

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

(Your TV & BB are generally separate BTW)
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 21st Jan 20, 10:08 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Mwood1
    My current deal and new deal from March 1st.

Anyone beat this and how did you achieve?

Entertainment £11
    Complete sports pack £15
    Sports HD £2

This is with the old 500g box.

On the 1st of March deal changes to,

Entertainment £13
    Complete sports pack £18
    Sports HD £2

Can this be beaten, just spoken to Sky they are sticking with this.
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 21st Jan 20, 1:26 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    mouse10
    My current deal and new deal from March 1st.

Anyone beat this and how did you achieve?

Entertainment £11
    Complete sports pack £15
    Sports HD £2

This is with the old 500g box.

On the 1st of March deal changes to,

Entertainment £13
    Complete sports pack £18
    Sports HD £2

Can this be beaten, just spoken to Sky they are sticking with this.
    Originally posted by Mwood1
    I'm paying £25 for the above plus I added HD to the entertainment for £1, so £26 in total. I also have an old SkyHD box. The offer came in the post after I had cancelled.
    • Petethefeetwales
    • By Petethefeetwales 21st Jan 20, 2:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Petethefeetwales
    Got a deal
    £12 Entertainment
    £5 Kids
    £17 Sports
    £6 Cinema
    £9 multi
    £10 talk international
    £32 Sky fibre max

£130 down to £92

30 day cooling off if anyone has a better deal let me know
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 21st Jan 20, 2:13 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Mwood1
    I'm paying £25 for the above plus I added HD to the entertainment for £1, so £26 in total. I also have an old SkyHD box. The offer came in the post after I had cancelled.
    Originally posted by mouse10
    Can you breakdown your package please?
    • Petethefeetwales
    • By Petethefeetwales 21st Jan 20, 2:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Petethefeetwales
    Sometimes you have to leave
    I did not haggle just said could not afford it. Struck up a rapport with the Sky Guy. Got a £32 reduction from £130 to £92 for Full TV & Broadband including Sky Talk. I would be patient until the last week of your 31 days. I have had to leave previously to get a better deal, that was when I was with BT for broadband so did not lose data or phone.
    • pawlala
    • By pawlala 21st Jan 20, 4:14 PM
    • 1,329 Posts
    • 3,923 Thanks
    pawlala
    I'm emigrating in a few weeks (apparently). So I have had to cancel Sky TV, completely.

Will wait and see what offers I get between now, disconnection and beyond. Shame I can't take any of them up (I'm emigrating, remember....)
    Mortgage free I: 8th December 2009!
    Mortgage free II: New Year's Eve 2013!
    Mortgage free III: Est. Dec 2019...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,313Users online

Martin's Twitter