Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 35,926Posts
    • 42,077Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 162
    • DavidWFC
    • By DavidWFC 10th Jan 20, 8:19 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    DavidWFC
    Been on live chat to sky.com/live-chat/pending-cancel-tv and only getting crap deals.

Any advice? Best deal I've had so far is 37 for Entertainment, UoD, HD and multiroom
    Originally posted by NorthEasterner123
    I'd go back on and ask them what the services breakdown costs are, once you have this post that and it should be easier to advise. It's hard to work of the total line.
    • NorthEasterner123
    • By NorthEasterner123 10th Jan 20, 11:02 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NorthEasterner123
    Today I was offered 43 per month for...

20 Entertainment
    12 UoD
    1 HD
    10 Multiroom

Mentioning my UoD offer they dropped it to 34, however I believe I can get it down further by getting entertainment reduced to around 15.

My UoD offer on my account is 3 for 18 months until Jan 2021
    • mynameisrui
    • By mynameisrui 11th Jan 20, 4:19 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    mynameisrui
    Just gave my notice from my current sky +HD package as my offers were coming to an end. Was offered:

Entertainment: 20
    HD: 4
    Cinema: 5.50 ( continuation of Black Friday offer)
    Ultimate on demand: 3

Was also offered free sky q box 1TB and installation but had to pay 10 admin fee.

Will hold out to reduce entertainment and HD package but a good starting point
    • DavidWFC
    • By DavidWFC 11th Jan 20, 7:49 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    DavidWFC
    Today I was offered 43 per month for...

20 Entertainment
    12 UoD
    1 HD
    10 Multiroom

Mentioning my UoD offer they dropped it to 34, however I believe I can get it down further by getting entertainment reduced to around 15.

My UoD offer on my account is 3 for 18 months until Jan 2021
    Originally posted by NorthEasterner123
    You could start by asking them if you can reduce it by applying the 25 Entertainment and Ultimate On Demand offer. This would reduce the cost to 36 with the breakdown below...
    13 Entertainment
    12 UoD
    1 HD
    10 Multiroom
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 12th Jan 20, 8:05 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ccdorset
    I was mid way through my contract with Sky, but had deals ending at different times. I thought with the Sky January Sale on, I might try my luck to renegotiate and get everything on a new contract. I've just accepted the following deal:

14.20 Entertainment
    3 Ultimate On Demand
    8 Cinema
    2.50 HD
    13 Q Multiscreen Pack

26 Superfast Broadband
    Free Line Rental
    Free Anytime Calls to UK Landlines and Mobiles

Total = 66.70

The Admin fee wasn't mentioned, but I can see on my future bill it has been charged and refunded.

I've got a Sky 2TB Box and 1 Sky Mini.

I was paying 68.20, so I'm happy that it is slightly cheaper, plus I get the Anytime Calls which I didn't have before and don't have different deals ending at different times. :-)
    • bobstheboy
    • By bobstheboy 13th Jan 20, 12:40 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    bobstheboy
    My TV contract finishes in May so I have just rang to negotiate a new contract. Rep at first said it couldn't be done whilst in contract, she then offered 9 a month off my current 74 a month. She wouldn't budge and said to ring back in April. Currently paying 74 a month for TV and looking at recent deals it should be around 45. Is there any point ringing next week and speak to someone else or would I be better waiting until I have a stronger position when my contract is expiring ?
    • Emmajane1987
    • By Emmajane1987 13th Jan 20, 12:45 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Emmajane1987
    Hi I have been a member for nearly 6 years. I have been out of contract since august but with a new baby, I havent had a chance to look at cutting prices. And we really need to now

We currently have TV and telephone/internet package with sky SKY plus box and only used in one room.

I have just spoken to them over web chat and they have offered the below.

Entertainment 15.00 normally 27.00
    Kids 2.50 normally 5.00
    Box sets 2.50 normally 5.00
    HD 2.50 normally 5.00
    Sports 17.00 normally 34.00 (with Cinema)
    Cinema 11.00 normally 19.00
    Superfast/LR 27.00 normally 32.00
    Talk Evn& WK 2.50 normally 5.00
    Total 80.00 a month in a new 18 month contract. Plus a 20 admin fee.

I don' think his sounds very good and have asked to cancel but would you lovely experts give me your opinion. thank you for reading.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jan 20, 12:49 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Hi I have been a member for nearly 6 years. I have been out of contract since august but with a new baby, I havent had a chance to look at cutting prices. And we really need to now

We currently have TV and telephone/internet package with sky SKY plus box and only used in one room.

I have just spoken to them over web chat and they have offered the below.

Entertainment 15.00 normally 27.00
    Kids 2.50 normally 5.00
    Box sets 2.50 normally 5.00
    HD 2.50 normally 5.00
    Sports 17.00 normally 34.00 (with Cinema)
    Cinema 11.00 normally 19.00
    Superfast/LR 27.00 normally 32.00
    Talk Evn& WK 2.50 normally 5.00
    Total 80.00 a month in a new 18 month contract. Plus a 20 admin fee.

I don' think his sounds very good and have asked to cancel but would you lovely experts give me your opinion. thank you for reading.
    Originally posted by Emmajane1987
    You could probably knock the odd quid or two off different parts but that's not too bad a deal, it all depends on how much time & effort you want to put into it.

Refuse to pay the 20 admin fee though, it's pure price gouging.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 13-01-2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jan 20, 12:51 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    My TV contract finishes in May so I have just rang to negotiate a new contract. Rep at first said it couldn't be done whilst in contract, she then offered 9 a month off my current 74 a month. She wouldn't budge and said to ring back in April. Currently paying 74 a month for TV and looking at recent deals it should be around 45. Is there any point ringing next week and speak to someone else or would I be better waiting until I have a stronger position when my contract is expiring ?
    Originally posted by bobstheboy
    Your strongest position is when it's actually turned off, the next strongest would be within your cancellation period of the last 30 days (you do need to cancel obviously).
    • superbigal36
    • By superbigal36 13th Jan 20, 2:05 PM
    • 720 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    superbigal36
    I'm due to start negotiating at the end of January.
    Is anyone aware of how Sky plan to integrate BT sport directly into their "Sport" package as opposed to it being completely separate just now.
    I believe it is due end of January so timing is perfect.
    I'm hoping it will just be added on for those that take Skysports complete pack but am doubtful.
    Last edited by superbigal36; 13-01-2020 at 2:11 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jan 20, 3:09 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm due to start negotiating at the end of January.
    Is anyone aware of how Sky plan to integrate BT sport directly into their "Sport" package as opposed to it being completely separate just now.
    I believe it is due end of January so timing is perfect.
    I'm hoping it will just be added on for those that take Skysports complete pack but am doubtful.
    Originally posted by superbigal36
    Apparently (from another thread) you can already get it if you ask. It certainly won't be at the same price as you currently pay I would guess.

Edit: in Ireland Sky Sports is €40 a month, Sports Extra (which is BT Sports & Premier Sports) is €34. If you take Sky Sports @ €40 you can add Sports Extra at an additional €15 so €55 for all of the sports channels. They may have a promotional offer when it officially launches (29th of January I think).

2nd Edit: I got the above prices by going through the new customer route. The Sports packages are 31 day rolling contracts but in the FAQ's it says:-

€15 a month for 6 Sports Extra offer with Sky Sports: New Sports Extra customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Further terms apply.
    Sky Sports €25 a month for 6 months: Sky Sports €25 extra pm for 6 months, then standard price (currently €40 extra pm) unless you cancel giving at least 31 days’ notice.
    So it's a bit confusing.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 13-01-2020 at 4:50 PM.
    • superbigal36
    • By superbigal36 13th Jan 20, 3:43 PM
    • 720 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    superbigal36
    Just had a look on the Irish Site
    I see if you have Skysports then SportsExtra it is reduced from 34Euros to 10 Euros for 6 months.

Just checked my current package and SkySports Complete pack is discounted for 18 months from 28 to 10 which is about 65% discount.
    If Sports Extra is around about 25 on launch in UK I will clearly be looking to pay no more than about 10-12 for full contract.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jan 20, 4:51 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Just had a look on the Irish Site
    I see if you have Skysports then SportsExtra it is reduced from 34Euros to 10 Euros for 6 months.

Just checked my current package and SkySports Complete pack is discounted for 18 months from 28 to 10 which is about 65% discount.
    If Sports Extra is around about 25 on launch in UK I will clearly be looking to pay no more than about 10-12 for full contract.
    Originally posted by superbigal36
    I've edited my previous post as it's a bit confusing on the Irish Sky site.
    • bobstheboy
    • By bobstheboy 14th Jan 20, 9:36 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    bobstheboy
    Reading these posts it is apparent it is the luck of the draw as to what deal you manage to get with Sky. I do understand that the position of strength is after your contract finishes and you cancel, but even then some seem to get a good deal with the minimum of fuss,others have to work hard.

With the new Sky Sports and BT Sports packages it will be interesting to see the best price.
    • smerch1468
    • By smerch1468 14th Jan 20, 12:42 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    smerch1468
    Things have totally changed with Sky now, it used to be a 5 min call with retentions to get a decent deal. Now you literally have to barge your way to retentions, they have a team set up to "rejoin" sky that offer you a worse deal than when you originally cancelled.

Roll on Amazon making inroads to Premier League football amongst other things. The UK Pay TV market needs a serious shakeup. That aside, Sky is now making people watch streams (especially for sporting events) from overseas to get content that used to be reasonably priced.
    • broooce2229
    • By broooce2229 14th Jan 20, 2:29 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    broooce2229
    Is there information when these new sky sports and BT sports packages will be available?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Jan 20, 3:50 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Is there information when these new sky sports and BT sports packages will be available?
    Originally posted by broooce2229
    They are already, but since it's a soft launch they don't advertise them yet, contact them and ask for it. I've been told it's the 27th or 29th of this month they'll officially launch, can't remember which.
    • Peter999
    • By Peter999 14th Jan 20, 5:15 PM
    • 626 Posts
    • 703 Thanks
    Peter999
    I've left Sky again today.

I was on the full TV Package (sports, films etc) and was paying 36 a month but with 100 cashback.

I contacted them on the chat feature (facebook) as I hate wasting my time spending forever on the phone. They tried to keep me but only offered what is the standard price anyway, i.e. dropping sports and movies. I firmly said no and they have cancelled it.

I got an email confirming the cancellation straight away so that was good.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 14th Jan 20, 10:53 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I can give my cancellation this Thursday.

To be honest I am really thinking about leaving this time....think there are enough other streams to keep family happy....have amazon prime and Netflix...

Will document my progress
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 15th Jan 20, 9:46 AM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    I have Entertainment and cinema - currently paying 31 a month. Received renewal "offer" by post which would take it to "only" 39.50 a month.

Contacted sky via chat and was offered it for 28 a month over an 18 month contract, with a Q box to replace my 7 year old HD+ box. I accepted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,893Posts Today

5,484Users online

Martin's Twitter