Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    • 34,806Posts
    • 40,840Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 7:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 134
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 27th Mar 19, 12:54 PM
    • 9,133 Posts
    • 2,316 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    NOBODY should now be paying any more than £45 for any package of Sky TV.

£45 a month Sky TV offer: Available for new and existing Sky TV customers taking Sky Cinema, Sky Sports Complete Pack, Sky Entertainment and HD Pack. £45 offer price dependent on keeping all TV packs forming part of the offer for 18-month period, otherwise full prices apply: Sky Entertainment £22 per month (pm) with new 18-month minimum term, standard price of £27 pm applies outside of new minimum term. Sports Complete Pack in HD £23 extra a month with new 18-month minimum term, £30pm outside of new minimum term. Sky Cinema £11 extra a month with new 18-month minimum term, £19pm outside of new minimum term. Entertainment HD Pack £5 extra pm. Offer ends 31 March 2019.
    • markymids
    • By markymids 27th Mar 19, 1:48 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    markymids
    Looks like that doesn’t include boxsets and kids though which could be another tenner.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 27th Mar 19, 2:18 PM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 3,807 Thanks
    csgohan4
    Just got off the phone to them and this is the best they could offer so far.

Sky Entertainment + HD + Box Sets = £27
    Fibre Unlimited = £24

Yes it has come down from the £82 I'll be paying from next month for pretty much the same thing but simply not good enough, I'd want another £10 off somewhere to keep me. Looks like I'll be going through with cancelling.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Your package renewal is rubbish, 15 EnT and 1 for box sets is the going rates at present
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 27th Mar 19, 3:10 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 2,156 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    NOBODY should now be paying any more than £45 for any package of Sky TV.

£45 a month Sky TV offer: Available for new and existing Sky TV customers taking Sky Cinema, Sky Sports Complete Pack, Sky Entertainment and HD Pack. £45 offer price dependent on keeping all TV packs forming part of the offer for 18-month period, otherwise full prices apply: Sky Entertainment £22 per month (pm) with new 18-month minimum term, standard price of £27 pm applies outside of new minimum term. Sports Complete Pack in HD £23 extra a month with new 18-month minimum term, £30pm outside of new minimum term. Sky Cinema £11 extra a month with new 18-month minimum term, £19pm outside of new minimum term. Entertainment HD Pack £5 extra pm. Offer ends 31 March 2019.
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    Entertainment HD Pack is included when I ran it through although not Kids or the Ultimate pack (Boxsets & Netflix).

Looks like that doesn’t include boxsets and kids though which could be another tenner.
    Originally posted by markymids
    Boxsets isn't listed separately anymore, it's the Ultimate pack (Boxsets & Netflix) @ £10 a month extra. As an existing customer you can certainly get Boxsets on it's own, presumably new customers would have to phone up.
    • markymids
    • By markymids 28th Mar 19, 7:01 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    markymids
    Boxsets isn't listed separately anymore, it's the Ultimate pack (Boxsets & Netflix) @ £10 a month extra. As an existing customer you can certainly get Boxsets on it's own, presumably new customers would have to phone up.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Yeah I know that but the poster was saying nobody should be paying more than £45 a month for any package of Sky TV - when in reality to get all of Sky TV (not including Netflix) it would be £55 unless you haggled on box sets & kids.

If you got ultimate on demand & kids it would be £63 a month with the price rises too - increasing to £76pm if you wanted UHD!
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 29th Mar 19, 2:55 PM
    • 12,834 Posts
    • 9,614 Thanks
    neilmcl
    How long does it normally take before cancelling and receiving an offer on your MySky page to return?
    • Weave
    • By Weave 1st Apr 19, 3:40 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Weave
    My contract ended in December and I didn't get any emails or letters. Only noticed when my bill went up and is now at £65 and its dues to go up by another £4 next months so £69!

Was on £39.50 with 12 month contract for:
    Sky entertainment £11
    Sky Box Sets £2.50
    Sky Cinema £9
    Sky Multiscreen £12

Rang for new deal today (took about 30 minutes to get to the right person) and was offered £10 off per month for new 18 months so £55 per month then £59 as of next month.

Went through to cancellations and they offered £50 per month.

I've asked them to cancel and will see if they offer me something better in next 31 days.
    Last edited by Weave; 01-04-2019 at 4:39 PM.
    • Weave
    • By Weave 1st Apr 19, 3:42 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Weave
    How long does it normally take before cancelling and receiving an offer on your MySky page to return?
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    I think I waited 2 weeks after requesting cancellation last year before I got an offer message.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 2nd Apr 19, 11:17 AM
    • 12,834 Posts
    • 9,614 Thanks
    neilmcl
    OK so the best I've got so far is £45.50 for Sky Entertainment, Box Sets, HD and Sky Fibre Max broadband (incl line rental).

It has gone from an expected £82 a month. Will I get much better if I go ahead and complete the cancellation?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 6th Apr 19, 1:03 PM
    • 12,834 Posts
    • 9,614 Thanks
    neilmcl
    I finally got it down to £39 per month. £17 for Sky Entertainment and £1 each for HD and Box sets, £14.99 for line rental and £5.01 for Sky Fibre max. Maybe not better than others but I'm happy with it, at least for the next 18 mths anyway
    • newtonflotman
    • By newtonflotman 7th Apr 19, 10:58 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    newtonflotman
    Sky haggle
    Sky Q, 2TB box, one multiscreen mini box, sky cinema, kids, entertainment, ultimate on demand, HD. 18 month contract, 18 month offer. £40 instalation fee. £50 a month.
    • Lauree
    • By Lauree 10th Apr 19, 12:42 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lauree
    I just secured a new deal for fibre max with the retentions department after initially leaving due to the price increase. I tried to use this time to get a better deal with my TV but they said there was nothing that could be done. So I've begrudgingly accepted the price increase for entrainment and my TV package is now
    Entrainment - £13
    Complete sports in HD - £15
    Box sets - free
    HD - free
    Sky Go Extra - free

As for my fibre max, I was paying £27 then with the price increase it would've been £29. A week after cancelling they came back with an offer of £22, which I accepted.
    So my sky bill for TV, fibre and line rental every month is £50. In addition to this I have BT sport on sky in HD for £14 a month. So the overall total is £64.
    • jacquelinec
    • By jacquelinec 10th Apr 19, 6:29 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jacquelinec
    I have entertainnment , sports, hd and multi room . I am currently paying £43.50 , going up to full price next month £79

Online chat offered entertainment £22 sports £13 multi room £13 HD £1 total £49 for 18 month contract .

I have cancelled as hopefully I can do better.
    • jacquelinec
    • By jacquelinec 10th Apr 19, 9:14 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jacquelinec
    I have entertainnment , sports, hd and multi room . I am currently paying £43.50 , going up to full price next month £79

Online chat offered entertainment £22 sports £13 multi room £13 HD £1 total £49 for 18 month contract . They also want £15 admin fee.

Originally posted by jacquelinec
    There's a notice on the tv offering entertainment for £15 . I don't know if the other prices would be as the offer . If so that would be £42 . I think I'll wait a while see if anything else is offered .
    Last edited by jacquelinec; 10-04-2019 at 9:16 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Apr 19, 7:27 AM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 2,156 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    There's a notice on the tv offering entertainment for £15 . I don't know if the other prices would be as the offer . If so that would be £42 . I think I'll wait a while see if anything else is offered .
    They won't be, there's usually an offer of £3.50 for each add-on on the same page. I'm presuming you get to choose which you want at the same time as otherwise it'll be full price at £5.

Be aware that the page with the £15 offer can automatically sign you up with no further interaction, if it does then you'll be receiving 'Thank you for signing up' emails a couple of hours after you last visited. It's not unusual according to the agent I spoke to last week when it happened to me.
    • jacquelinec
    • By jacquelinec 13th Apr 19, 11:53 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jacquelinec

Online chat offered entertainment £22 sports £13 multi room £13 HD £1 total £49 for 18 month contract .

Online now I have a "your sky tv" page . It has entertainment £15 (12 month deal) I can add on sports £17 HD £1 No mention of multi room or admin charge. If it's £13 multi room , that would be £46

I'm scared to click checkout to have a look as it may sign me up . I may hold on a while as I only cancelled a few days ago , not sure if I will get a better offer than that though .
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 14th Apr 19, 6:04 AM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 3,807 Thanks
    csgohan4
    I just secured a new deal for fibre max with the retentions department after initially leaving due to the price increase. I tried to use this time to get a better deal with my TV but they said there was nothing that could be done. So I've begrudgingly accepted the price increase for entrainment and my TV package is now
    Entrainment - £13
    Complete sports in HD - £15
    Box sets - free
    HD - free
    Sky Go Extra - free

As for my fibre max, I was paying £27 then with the price increase it would've been £29. A week after cancelling they came back with an offer of £22, which I accepted.
    So my sky bill for TV, fibre and line rental every month is £50. In addition to this I have BT sport on sky in HD for £14 a month. So the overall total is £64.
    Originally posted by Lauree

That's the best deal so far on here for this year, shame I didn't get offered this
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • hobnobgti
    • By hobnobgti 14th Apr 19, 11:22 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hobnobgti
    Online now I have a "your sky tv" page . It has entertainment £15 (12 month deal) I can add on sports £17 HD £1 No mention of multi room or admin charge. If it's £13 multi room , that would be £46

I'm scared to click checkout to have a look as it may sign me up . I may hold on a while as I only cancelled a few days ago , not sure if I will get a better offer than that though .
    I'm in the same boat as you, cancelled Friday night and sky.com/mydeal has that. However I'm currently on Sky Q and it doesn't seem to mention that on that page. I also have Fibre Max which went up loads in price which isn't mentioned there. I was offered £57 a month for box sets package and Fibre Max, but cancelled and have taken out Virgin for £52 a month (and much better internet). That's due to be installed in a month so I'll see if Sky come back with anything better before then. I'm hoping they do as I watch a lot of Sky Atlantic stuff but I won't be too sad if I have to change to Virgin instead.
    • NeillB
    • By NeillB 14th Apr 19, 5:36 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NeillB
    Cancelled on 30 March. Took up the offer of £15 a month entertainment, £1 he and £1 box sets with a £10 admin fee. The admin fee sticks in my throat but I'll go with it thus year
    • hobnobgti
    • By hobnobgti 16th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hobnobgti
    Received an email offering a base price of £20 for entertainment plus the other upgrades like box sets for an extra £1. However the /mydeal site had it for £15. As with others in this thread I had to screenshot that but have been given it. I’m sure they didn’t mention the admin fee but will check my new bill when it appears.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

978Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin