Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 34,337Posts
    • 40,433Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 119
    • mamalfie
    • By mamalfie 13th Jan 19, 12:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mamalfie
    Brilliant! Trying that now
    • John Blaze
    • By John Blaze 13th Jan 19, 12:23 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    John Blaze
    never had sky tv. Is it value for money?
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 13th Jan 19, 12:30 PM
    • 8,874 Posts
    • 2,165 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Originally posted by John Blaze
    No - its a ripoff
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jan 19, 1:06 PM
    • 3,363 Posts
    • 1,785 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm in the midst of negotiating a deal (online chat). I'm happy with what's been offered for tv/fibre/talk (including sports and movies) but Sky are currently refusing to upgrade my SKY+ box to a Q box unless I pay 100 for installation (1TB box). I've pointed out that new customers get the box for 20 installation and asked them to match. Anyone had any success with that argument?
    Originally posted by mamalfie
    I upgraded to a 1TB Q box last October for just 20, this was mid contract (I'm on a 50% off rolling monthly contract)

There's no additional 12 a month as we don't need multi-room although they did indicate it was a new 18 month contract in a later email. I contacted the executive office to get confirmation that that did not apply to me as nobody mentioned it via live chat.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 14th Jan 19, 8:48 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    Originally posted by John Blaze
    That depends on your deal, how much you value the entertainment and how much you value having a quality product.
    Sky Q is slick, leagues ahead of virgin or BT in terms of the GUI and the various integrations.
    Being able to perform one voice search and it checks all of sky and Netflix is great. Being able to load my spotify app on my phone and cast it to either box and have it playing on my speakers without needing something like sonos is again, great.
    It would have pained me if I couldn't have negotiated a good deal and I would have walked away, but I know I would have spent the next 12/18 months being frustrated with poorer quality services.
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 16th Jan 19, 8:56 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mwood1
    That's the sort of deal that I am after
    Was it done via LIVE CHAT ?
    Did you actually cancel or was it just contract expiry/renewal time ?
    I was offered Sport at 14.25 on Entertainment at 22 - presumably with a 10 admin FINE !!

These figures appear to be random - do they have a random number generator or is there a pattern to them ?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    All done over the phone.

Live chat offered me 32 for both yesterday.

Yes was out of contract.

Still looking for 23 for both.
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 16th Jan 19, 8:58 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mwood1
    All done over the phone.

Live chat offered me 32 for both yesterday.

Yes was out of contract.

Still looking for 23 for both.
    Originally posted by Mwood1

Yes I cancelled, currently have no Sky - back to FreeSat.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 11:18 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    Yes I cancelled, currently have no Sky - back to FreeSat.
    have you visited /mydeal ?
    • scottishpunter
    • By scottishpunter 16th Jan 19, 12:13 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    scottishpunter
    Looking back over the last few pages looks like Sky are getting more difficult to negotiate with?

Best I got offered under chat was:-
    Entertainment with 3.00 off: 22.00
    Hd with 4 off: 1.00
    Complete sports in HD with 16 off: 18.00
    Multiscreen: 12.00
    So total 53 with a lovely 20 fee.

The fee annoyed me so have cancelled and am in the 30 day period. Do the offers still appear in your account like the old days, or is it all done over chat? Anyone got a better deal recently, and how long should I wait before getting back on to them?

Thanks.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 12:22 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    Looking back over the last few pages looks like Sky are getting more difficult to negotiate with?

Best I got offered under chat was:-
    Entertainment with 3.00 off: 22.00
    Hd with 4 off: 1.00
    Complete sports in HD with 16 off: 18.00
    Multiscreen: 12.00
    So total 53 with a lovely 20 fee.

The fee annoyed me so have cancelled and am in the 30 day period. Do the offers still appear in your account like the old days, or is it all done over chat? Anyone got a better deal recently, and how long should I wait before getting back on to them?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by scottishpunter
    go to /mydeal and see what you get.
    I managed 15 Ent, box sets 1, HD 1, Cinema & Sports 21, second Q box 10, total of 48 PCM. no fee!
    • scottishpunter
    • By scottishpunter 16th Jan 19, 12:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    scottishpunter
    I managed 15 Ent, box sets 1, HD 1, Cinema & Sports 21, second Q box 10, total of 48 PCM. no fee!
    Originally posted by E30M3
    Thanks did not know this existed.

So showing Entertainment for 15,box sets 1, Sports 17 (cinema 9 - so your deal is better) & HD for 1, 12 month rolling contract on Entertainment. It doesn't mention anything about the multi room Q box though just checkout at 33.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 12:41 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    Thanks did not know this existed.

So showing Entertainment for 15,box sets 1, Sports 17 (cinema 9 - so your deal is better) & HD for 1, 12 month rolling contract on Entertainment. It doesn't mention anything about the multi room Q box though just checkout at 33.
    Originally posted by scottishpunter
    great to hear
    screenshot this deal!
    I accepted it but then received no confirmation so phoned the following day, after a good half an hour with the kind lady and her manager who were trying all sorts of things they managed to sort it out.
    Note mine was also for a 12 month contract, not 18. Although I'm now on an 18 month one as i'm happy to lock in those prices and not do it again for a while...
    • Mwood1
    • By Mwood1 16th Jan 19, 12:52 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mwood1
    have you visited /mydeal ?
    Where can I find mydeal?
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 12:55 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    Where can I find mydeal?
    sorry, it wouldn't let me post links previously due to my post count, but I can now!
    www.sky.com/mydeal

obviously you have to be logged in first...
    • davidmckay
    • By davidmckay 16th Jan 19, 3:00 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davidmckay
    sorry, it wouldn't let me post links previously due to my post count, but I can now!
    www.sky.com/mydeal

obviously you have to be logged in first...

I think you should be clearer when you keep sending people to teh /mydeal website. Despite appearances, this doesn't allow you to sign up for anything. You only got your deal because you used this as evidence to push teh advisor to find a better deal for you. That's fine, but please make this clear straight away in your post rather than subsequently.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 3:03 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    I think you should be clearer when you keep sending people to teh /mydeal website. Despite appearances, this doesn't allow you to sign up for anything. You only got your deal because you used this as evidence to push teh advisor to find a better deal for you. That's fine, but please make this clear straight away in your post rather than subsequently.
    Originally posted by davidmckay
    So what does the button do ?
    • smallblueplanet
    • By smallblueplanet 16th Jan 19, 3:39 PM
    • 939 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    smallblueplanet
    Originally posted by davidmckay
    The offers are there for me when I login to /mydeal. But I am in the process of cancelling. Edit: have just recalculated the deal and it's better than I have atm but not as good as the one previously just ended (60% off).
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 16-01-2019 at 3:43 PM.
    • E30M3
    • By E30M3 16th Jan 19, 3:52 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    E30M3
    The offers are there for me when I login to /mydeal. But I am in the process of cancelling. Edit: have just recalculated the deal and it's better than I have atm but not as good as the one previously just ended (60% off).
    Originally posted by smallblueplanet
    out of interest what is it offering you?

My suspicion is that is only worthy once the cancellation has been accepted.
    • By 1234 16th Jan 19, 3:55 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    /mydeal is showing a completely different offer to that available via my SkyHD box.
    • smallblueplanet
    • By smallblueplanet 16th Jan 19, 7:44 PM
    • 939 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    smallblueplanet
    out of interest what is it offering you?

My suspicion is that is only worthy once the cancellation has been accepted.

Entertainment = 15 (12 months contract)
    Box sets = 1
    HD = 1
    Kids = 1
    Cinema = 9
    Sports = 17
    Or Cinema & Sports = 21

No Sky Q as we're Sky+HD
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 16-01-2019 at 7:52 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,029Posts Today

8,555Users online

Martin's Twitter