Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 33,553Posts
    • 39,651Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 100
    • ToonArmy123
    • By ToonArmy123 14th Sep 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ToonArmy123
    Today i got the full Sky Package (Entertainment, Box Sets, Kids, Sports HD and Cinema) + Sky Multiroom for 58 a month for 18 months.

Probably could of got it cheaper as i only started the cancellation process today but I couldn't be bothered playing a longer game. But considering the bill was about to shoot up to almost 96 a month I'm happy enough with the saving for now.
    • cska
    • By cska 14th Sep 18, 12:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cska
    Sky Sports SD No Longer Available
    Just got a letter in the post today, effectively stating that Sky Sports' Standard Definition channels are to be no more. Effective from early October, ALL Sky Sports channels will only be offered in HD. The price of this change? An additional 2/month (discounted from 6).

Personally this won't affect me for a few months as I negotiated HD Sports as standard in my most recent contract. It will only come into play when that ends.
    • Zandoni
    • By Zandoni 14th Sep 18, 6:36 PM
    • 2,835 Posts
    • 1,515 Thanks
    Zandoni
    I got entertainment, HD and box sets for 19, I refused to pay the 10 so they waived it.
    • Timbolla
    • By Timbolla 14th Sep 18, 8:26 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Timbolla
    Just called Sky as contract is about to go from 70.35 to 134.99 on renewal. Currently have

Box Sets 8
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack 22.00
    Sky Cinema 5.00
    HD Basic FREE
    Sky Sports HD FREE
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack 12.00
    Sky Talk Line Rental 12.34
    Sky Fibre Unlimited 11.01
    Sky Pay As You Talk

Round 1 Best deal is 92.99. I did go in with similar spec Virgin Media VIP offer of 89 online (less Quidco 250 becomes 68.17) or they are doing a special deal on the same package to the end of the month at 79 from the man at the door. Have walked away to get more data and possibly talk to the Sky man in local shopping precinct as he said could possibly do better than them on the phone. From what I have read I think nice first try sky could do better.
    • DrSteveMcD
    • By DrSteveMcD 15th Sep 18, 8:31 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DrSteveMcD
    So got back on to live chat again last night. Different person and seemed a bit more generous. Got the following...
    Entertainment 11
    Kids 1
    Box sets 1
    HD 1
    Movies 9
    So a total of 23 per month for the same channels I was paying 64.50 for - so a good result.
    Asked about upgrade to Sky Q. Initially told they couldn't do it, then offered it for 125, then for 87.50 but told I had to start a new chat with a different department. Was a but sceptical about this but went ahead. Got the upgrade for 20 as a long term customer + 12pm for the multiscreen / UHD stuff.

Not a bad night's work!
    • bubblegun
    • By bubblegun 16th Sep 18, 2:07 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    bubblegun
    If you have Sky Q installed ,you need to ask for a "hybrid LNB " to be fitted to the dish -this allows the use of the new box AND the old
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    they will only fit this if you are using freesat in other rooms and you tell the installer (and maybe the agent booking it - so they add it to the visit notes) that you need to keep this.
    • bubblegun
    • By bubblegun 16th Sep 18, 2:13 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    bubblegun
    an fyi for people taking Sports contracts before the October changeover date.

they should remove hd sports to save the 2 or 6 as they will keep their sports price to the end of the contract. they will lose hd for a few weeks but it'll get added back for free on changeover date.
    • coastertoaster
    • By coastertoaster 16th Sep 18, 9:36 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    coastertoaster
    Anyone give me any tips how I can get my boxes changed to the Q boxes without paying the installation fees? I have 3 old boxes in my house. Been with them for 6 and a half years. 3 recordable HD boxes due to family circumstances. Best quote I have had is 224. I have sky sports, high level internet, pay direct debit etc etc.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 16th Sep 18, 9:55 AM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Anyone give me any tips how I can get my boxes changed to the Q boxes without paying the installation fees? I have 3 old boxes in my house. Been with them for 6 and a half years. 3 recordable HD boxes due to family circumstances. Best quote I have had is 224. I have sky sports, high level internet, pay direct debit etc etc.
    Originally posted by coastertoaster
    Good luck with that one...

I can't remember how the pricing works for HD+ multi-room, is it 10 per extra box? If so it's "just" an extra 12 for Q plus the costs of the boxes (which of course are never yours so keep the old HD+ boxes) so it may be worthwhile for you to switch at that price.
    • coastertoaster
    • By coastertoaster 16th Sep 18, 8:32 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    coastertoaster
    Good luck with that one...

I can't remember how the pricing works for HD+ multi-room, is it 10 per extra box? If so it's "just" an extra 12 for Q plus the costs of the boxes (which of course are never yours so keep the old HD+ boxes) so it may be worthwhile for you to switch at that price.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Yes but they want 99 for each additional box. We have a box in our living room which they say they change. But then it's 99 to change the box we have in my daughter's self contained room ('she has complex needs so basically has her own 'daughter flat') and then we have a extentuon where another box is hence an additional box has to be there as sky advised us due to wiring and distance it was best to have it. So they want to charge us 224 in total. Been told because we have had the existing equipment so long it is 'worthless' so I am just bemused to why as a loyal customer they will not just come and replace. Due to what we have all will have to be replaced. So annoyed!!!!!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 17th Sep 18, 7:56 AM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Yes but they want 99 for each additional box. We have a box in our living room which they say they change. But then it's 99 to change the box we have in my daughter's self contained room ('she has complex needs so basically has her own 'daughter flat') and then we have a extentuon where another box is hence an additional box has to be there as sky advised us due to wiring and distance it was best to have it. So they want to charge us 224 in total. Been told because we have had the existing equipment so long it is 'worthless' so I am just bemused to why as a loyal customer they will not just come and replace. Due to what we have all will have to be replaced. So annoyed!!!!!
    Originally posted by coastertoaster
    If you're paying the 12 for Q multiroom surely the first mini box comes free? So you'd need 2 main boxes and 1 mini box if I'm reading that correct? So it's 99 for the mini box and 125 for 1 of the main boxes maybe? I can understand the charge for the 2nd main box (if that's right) but I think the mini box charge is wrong if you're paying the extra 12 a month (if not then they're correct given what everybody else gets quoted).

Edit: I've just tried to run through a sub (use a different browser if you try this as the cookies mess things up otherwise) and for new customers they pay a one off 40 for a 1TB box plus 1 mini box. Removing the mini box reduces this to just 20 while adding 1 (for a total of 1 main & 2 mini's) would cost them 139 (so 99 for the 2nd mini box).
    • NewMoneySaver13
    • By NewMoneySaver13 20th Sep 18, 3:45 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    NewMoneySaver13
    I have started the cancellation process, Tuesday evening, if I am likely to receive any further discounts on what has been put on the table will it appear when I log into my Sky account under offer & upgrades, or will it come via post / email or phone call?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

2,438Users online

Martin's Twitter