Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 13,433Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3999
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 18th May 17, 1:28 PM
    • 20,202 Posts
    • 264,172 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Morning marmite to you and your lovely doggy

Haven't seen nanny but see savvybuyer was lurking ... morning savvy

Do you always put the tea in your coffee perculator ? Edit specsavers for me, just re-read your post
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically).

EDIT: Good morning afternoon btw.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:29 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Morning all, hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I've had an email from shoes testing panel to re register but don't know what to answer on question 20. Do you share the results of the products you test with others?
    Yes - close family

Yes - close friends

Yes - with everyone!

No - I keep them to myself

Are we meant to? Don't want to put wrong answer and not be accepted. Anyone else had the email, presume there are quite a few of us here who are members of shoes testing panel. Suggestions gratefully received, please. Thank you
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    josie_ann, I've not checked my emails yet but I'm a member. You've got me thinking now. If they are new products it would be a no. I haven't got any of my old paperwork here with me either to have a quick read, you know from previous testers.

Have you looked on the Boots Testers forum, I can't even find it bit I'm sure people on there will be talking about it xx

hth
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 31 In 10
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 18th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 30,133 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Sensodyne and olay shops done.

Results after school run x
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:32 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Savvy

How are you keeping? Not seen you for ages, mind you I keep doing a vanishing trick now and again. I hope you are well though xx

• HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 18th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 29,719 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically).

EDIT: Good morning afternoon btw.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Hello Savvy long time no see, hope all is well with you..
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:37 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

Had a lazy start to the day but I've got to shift myself and go down to the farm for eggs then might pop to Lidl.

Haven't been to Mr A as I don't need any supplies from there

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit, you're in my thoughts today xx

• i been robbed
    • By i been robbed 18th May 17, 1:40 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 8,724 Thanks
    i been robbed
    right guard

good afternoon,

AvS
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00
    5x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £10.00 £7.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Clean 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Original 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00

thought i'd just report all 5 flavors working

thankyou
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 1:42 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 1:50 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm having an energy supplier nightmare....thanks to a tenant....if I hear the words "we can only speak to the account holder" again I'm going to go pop!

I have been speaking to 2 energy suppliers today....neither me or the tenant are customers with either supplier....but between the 2 suppliers and the tenant they have managed not only to switch suppliers,but physically install a new meter and now have 2 companies supplying electricity to a single property...both billing separately for exactly the same supply....

All this has been done without my knowledge and it just seems that we are going round in circles to try and rectify it....
    it's days like this when I don't like being a Landlord!

The simple thing for me to say would be...it's not my problem dear tenant...you should read your tenancy agreement that tells you you can't change supplier without permission....and you certainly cant get new meters installed ever....unless you return the old ones at the end of the tenancy as per your inventory.....2 bills thats your problem too because you didn't swap suppliers correctly....oh ...and....you must have received some letters from these suppliers before today when one supplier turned up to switch off the supply to a meter(for non payment) that was disconnected by the other supplier and replaced more than 6 months ago...did you not think to say something sooner....

but I'm not like that and have spent the last 5 hours getting nowhere fast.....
    Last edited by LEJC; 18-05-2017 at 2:43 PM.

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 2:00 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now
    Originally posted by altojack
    I've got no emails about a new panel...they must either love me or hate me because they don't want me to join!

I'm quite happy to be billy no mates if they dont want me to play.....

• savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 18th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 4,937 Posts
    • 75,247 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Afternoon all.
    I've been in Portugal for my Birthday.Decided to give the internet a miss while I was away.

I see you have all been glitching like mad.

Thanks to 3 dogs for the list.
    Done a little shop this morning.

1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk) £0.69 £0.69
    2x Lynx Apollo Shower Gel (400ml) £4.00 £3.00
    1x Lynx Lynx You Shower Gel 400ml (400ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.39x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.28 £0.28
    3x Lynx Black Night Body Wash (400ml) £6.00 £4.50
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) £0.50 £0.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Wham Cosmic Chews Pack (36g) £1.44 £0.80
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.71 £12.07
    +£3.64 cheaper

Found a couple of wombles this morning before it rained.Dated 17th

A v T and A v M
    1x Actimel Strawberry Yogurt Drinks (12x100) £3.50 £2.00
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 2:54 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    Hola Sal....I hope Portugal treated you well and you had a lovely birthday x

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    well inevitably we had rain so the bedding had to come in again.

Still nothing new exciting and free on the cashback lists and nothing I can find in stock locally.
    So I took a few bits to the Mr Tosser foodbank collection and loitered on the section end that had reduced biscuits a few weeks back, this time it was reduced pet food in the green flat trays. I got Whiskas casserole 40 sachet giant box for £5 - usefull

Also on TCB on the app there are a few useful grocery cashback items so I got the florette crispy salad for £1 - 50p cashback - again better than nothing.

Then off to Morribobs in search of the free Organix goody gummies which our very big store does not stock
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • fernie1
    • By fernie1 18th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 13,875 Thanks
    fernie1
    Afternoon all.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

I've got a c&c to collect from asda later 4-5 , but dh got a problem with his eye and our Dr surgery is closed. Looks like I've got to take him A&E so think I've got to cancel my order. Does anyone know how it works as I've paid with evouchers and cash, will I lose the vouchers?

Thanks fernie
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th May 17, 3:10 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've got no emails about a new panel...they must either love me or hate me because they don't want me to join!

The change over date is worrying as its June 1st and i don't think I will be online for a few days
    They seem to sent emails late at night
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 14,908 Posts
    • 256,083 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Our Ts has a huge display of the big 175gs Walkers crisps, all flavours, no SEL but scan at 50p

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    The change over date is worrying as its June 1st and i don't think I will be online for a few days
    They seem to sent emails late at night
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Been back and rechecked I've had nothing assume it would have come from the evaluation suite....

I'm on a trial until 2nd june so it will be interesting to see if I can still access the questionnaire after 1st june if thats when it swaps.

Must admit I dont get a lot from them now product wise and despite filling in those "would you be interested..."type emails,I never get anything that I actually express a liking for.

The trial that I'm doing at the moment is for a product I wouldn't even consider buying in a month of Sundays...but according to the info sheet I " have been specifically selected to test this!"
    Last edited by LEJC; 18-05-2017 at 3:24 PM.

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th May 17, 3:23 PM
    • 14,908 Posts
    • 256,083 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    these are £8.25

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• altojack
    • By altojack 18th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack

You'll get yours probably later today lol. For some reason they aren't transferring everyone's details, hence the emails and questionnaire. If one doesn't want to stay click on No. click Yes to stay then presumably this is where the questions start.

I've not filled mind in yet but will do later. It's taken me twice to try to type this fell asleep twice off for a nap before I click something I shouldn't

I would keep it to myself, that's my answer to question 20

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,131Posts Today

8,004Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin